Beating The Initial Shyness

krazykev64

OK Guys.  You wont wear your heels in public because you are wondering what people will say.

You need a way to combat this shyness.

Back in 2009 I walked in high heels for the very first time in public.

I was not trying to hide the fact that I was wearing them either.

What I done was to raise money for charity by doing a sponsored walk in heels.  I walked for 5 miles

and the heels I wore were 7.5 inches high.  These were teamed with a mini skirt and stockings.

The response i had from the public was great.  It made my day when women were saying

to me that I have very sexy legs..

The following year I walked 10 miles in a pair of bright pink 6 inch stilettos.  Again I was not attempting to hide them.

The ultimate challenge was last October when I wore a pair of 4 inch Mary Janes for the whole month.  These though were teamed with my normal clothing

Although they were easy to spot.  The 2014 photo shows me during the month dressed up as a witch were I done a street collection.

Also in 2013 and 2014 I dressed up in the 6 inch stiletto's to do a street collection for Children in need.  Me and my mate Steve now do Children in need every year

As the photos below show i am not trying to hide anything.

The bloke in the Children in need 2014 photo is my mate Steve who normally walks with me with the collection bucket but he wears heels for Children in need.  The 2015 photo is what I will be wearing for this years challenge.  the heels im wearing for the 2010 and children in need challenges are actually the same 6'' stiletto's

post-3576-0-03313000-1426455898_thumb.jp

post-3576-0-46884200-1426455906_thumb.jp

post-3576-0-42874200-1426455961_thumb.jp

post-3576-0-56819400-1426455977_thumb.jp

post-3576-0-61291100-1426455992_thumb.jp

So if you want to wear heels in public start by doing it for charity.  Children in need is ideal as its good fun.  Just pair the heels with a sexy little skirt and stockings.  By the end of the day you will be saying to yourself that it was great fun

Wearing high heels for a charity event would be a good way to get out in heels, to "break the ice."  I have been wearing heels since 1996, but have done it the "hard way," just getting out there and enjoying myself.  I have wanted to do some sort of charity event but the opportunity never came up.  However, this May I plan on participating in a Walk a Mile event - will see how that goes.  

Either way, for charity - a good cause - or on your own, getting out in heels can be a nerve wracking experience, until you realize that it really is no big deal and most folks don't care one bit - or notice.    Plus, once you get used to it, it's fun…..  Take care…   sf 

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

• 3 weeks later...

Kev, you have done some great work for charity, and nothing I say or think will undo that - so well done!   I don't think I could equal your efforts and I do admire them.

However, your (intentionally) over-the-top outfits and heels, worn openly in public do not provide the look or environment that most here have in mind, or aspire to, when wearing high heels.   If you went out dressed like that for anything other than a charity event or a fancy-dress party, you would be ridiculed, and with justification.   Yes, you have overcome shyness and taken what might well be the first step (no pun) towards public heeling in more conventional clobber; is that in fact your intention?    But I do believe that the transition is quite a big one and may not be as easy as you imply and shall be interested to know if you do move on up/sideways, and your experiences in doing so.   Good luck!

• 2 months later...

i agree with you puffer.  a pair of girly heels and outfit is not a good way of wearing heels unless its for charity where im trying to get attention.  i would actually love a pair of heels for everyday use as i found back last year where i wore a pair of 4 inch mary janes for a whole month that heels actually help ease the pain in my back.  to be honest not many people actually noticed i was wearing them as i was wearing them with jeans.

in the ideal world i would love a pair of boots for winter with a block heel around 4 inches with a small platform around half inch. 

for summer i would consider a pair of boots with a peep toe and open sides and back that i could also wear with jeans or trousers.

as far as im concernedopen toe footwear should never be worn with stockings or nylons and socks are a big no go area when worn with open toe.  on the other hand i believe there are tights especially made for open toe footwear

Although the idea of men wearing high heels hasn't reached the comparative use level of women wearing trousers, there does seem to be a bit more leeway of an acceptance in the general social attitude for men to wear what they want ( "as long as I don't have to associate with them" kind of thinking follows such statements). Of course, from the standpoint of practicality, the use of trousers/jeans has little to no opposition: where heels are constantly being bombarded with negative accusations and testimonials - some founded on hearsay and misinterpreted results of a few injuries or discomforts perceived to be from only the wearing of high heels. Which may have some validity for some people, but there are others who are living proof that the wearing of high heels has been and is beneficial and comfortable for them. 

There was a time when women wearing trousers was as much a prohibited ideal as the wearing of heels has been for men, but enough women continued to wear jeans that they made it possible for women to create their own line of menswear. This same type of reality can also be a part of men's attiring selections if only the men who desire to wear high heels would fend for their right to make their own personal choices. What could be more personal than knowing what you want to wear for your own appearance?