Half Heeled Marathon 2015

December 2014 is not a month that went to plan.  I lost my Auntie to lung cancer.  To add insult to injury I find out two days later that my mother has just been diagnosed with lung cancer.  Things could not get much worse.

Anyway I decided that during 2015 I would set myself another high heel challenge to raise money for charity.  I chose to raise money for MacMillan nurses.

The date of the challenge is set for 22nd August 2015.  So what does my challenge involve?

Well I always try to make my challenges harder or further than the last challenge so this time im doing the distance of a Half Marathon which is about 13.25 miles.

I will be wearing the same Mary Janes that I wore for a month last year.  They fit well although a little large and they are comfortable.

My outfit that I will bewearing is totally green and comprises of a green charity T-Shirt, green skirt and green leggings.  The shoes will be staying black and they will be worn barefooted.

I have also set up a just giving donation page at

www.justgiving.com/macmillanheels

I have also set up a facebook group called MacMillan heels 2015 at

www.facebook.com/pages/MacMillan-Heels-2015/671908182931042

I am expecting the walk to take between 8 and 10 hours as I can walk faster and further in the Mary Janes than the 6 inch stiletto's that I wore for my 10 mile walk in 2010.

Again I will be carrying a collection bucket during the walk for which i will be setting up a collection permit.

So what problems can I expect during the 13+ miles?

Well I expect I will have a few blisters although they wont be as bad as the 10 mile walk.

I also expect my feet to get very hot as the shoes are not sandals and are made from PVC type material causing my feet to sweat.  To reduce this problem I will be putting talcum powder in the shoes to keep my feet dry.  I will also have plasters on my toes before I start to reduce friction on my toes.

I am also concerned about the ankle strap snapping.

Well below is a picture of me in my outfit and a close up of my shoe with my bare foot in it.  You can see that i have plenty of room.

post-3576-0-69947600-1426453988_thumb.jp

post-3576-0-77200800-1426453977_thumb.jp

Sorry to hear about your aunt and mother. The shoes should work however you ever think of going with a non-platform style with the same relatively low lift. The shoe will flex better when walking making them easier to wear.

Is that a marathon in half heels or a half marathon in full heels.

Sorry. Could not resist.

I was just thinking that myself.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Just read the negative posts.  They dont realize the agony i go through when im doing long distance walks.  its not exactly pain free when your little toe nails fall out because of blisters.  i wonder what their opinions would be if they fell to cancer.  i hate to say this but i hope they rot in hell.  maybe they should be forced to walk a full marathon in a pair of 6 inch heels---without a platform sole.  OUCH

I was just thinking that myself.

i will be doing a half marathon in a pair of 4 inch heels.  i will be wearing the same 4 inch heels i wore for a month last october.  i think a half marathon in them will be a total different kettle of fish.  i think i will have a few blisters at the end

• 2 months later...

Well there is now just 10 weeks to go until i put on my 4 inch mary janes and walk a half marathon.  This is just over three miles further than i have walked in heels in the past.  i expect i will have a few blisters at the end.  Oh lets re-word that.  I will have blisters at the end.

i am really looking forward to doing the challenge. The mary janes are great to walk in for every day use but walking over 13 miles is a totally different kettle of fish. 

all i hope is that the shoes dont break or suffer any bad damage making them unwearable.  i also hope they have a little bit of life left in them at the end as i may need them for next years challenge where they will be useful as a stand in emergancy pair of heels.

Next years challenge will be another long period wearing heels non stop.  You can read the story about next year.  it is called heels for hearts challenge

• 2 months later...

Well better late than never.  I must mention that i actually brought the date forward by a week as my mate could not get the day off work.

well i have managed to complete my half marathon in a pair of 4 inch heels.....just.

At the end my feet were in absolute agony.

i actually completed the walk in an amazing 6.5 hours.  At one point i actually walked 5 miles without stopping.

the last three miles were the hardest but during the last mile i could barely stand let alone walk.

I had a huge blister on the ball of each foot and a couple of small rub wounds on each foot. 

The Mary Janes i wore held out well dispite being worn for a month during last years challenge. 

There is still enough life in them to be used as stand ins for my next challenge next year.  This though

is another story altogether and will be my toughest to date.

Around £500 was raised in total