A Nice Complement From Sale's Assistant.

brake blocks

Last night with family away, i decided to have some retail therapy, so first off to New Look in the Trafford Centre and bought these.

The sales assistant was very talkative and ask if they were for myself, if so they would look good on me. In all the years of buying shoes no body has ever asked if they were for myself, good work New Look, will use you again. post-3747-0-73178000-1424295194_thumb.jppost-3747-0-56250200-1424295215_thumb.jppost-3747-0-42091000-1424295228_thumb.jp :giggle:  

Cool boots and cool sales assistant. Sometimes I wonder why at least some of them do have such a hard time selling heels to a guy. After all, when they treat you well, you may return and buy more, so that's more commissions for them.

Then there are those sales assistants that really try to be friendly, but are totally overwhelmed by a guy buying - oh my god! - heels.

At Harrods in London, I looked around a few years ago and found some Acne booties I had seen online before. I asked the sales girl whether she had them in UK size 8, which she had. I found them to be a bit large, so I tried the next size down. She complimented me on how the boots would look, all in all very cool. But her hands were shaking when she put them back in the box and went to the cash register, as she was so nervous.

Lucky for me, the box was too big for my suitcase, so I unpacked them in the hotel one day before flying back. Then I noticed that she had put the left shoe of the bigger size, and the right one of the smaller size in the box... :-?

Drove back to Harrods, had VERY much difficulty getting the one boot in the right size exchanged (the girl wasn't there that day), and went back to the hotel with two fitting boots. All in all, the "exchange" experience messed up the whole sale for me - but looking back, it's a funny story.

Enjoy your boots, they look really nice!

Nice huh??  I have had that same experience occur many times.  Shoe shopping is FUN ("retail therapy" - like you said), and most of the time the sales associates will help you without any difficulty.  And sometimes they will even make a compliment.  Once a sales gal was helping me as I shopped for some heeled sandals, making suggestions etc, and when I tried on a particular pair, she said, "oh those look cute."  The minute she said that she paused, as thought she was embarrassed that she was telling me - a guy - that I was wearing "cute" shoes.  I laughed too and said "yes, they do look cute."  Shoe shopping was, is and will continue to be a pleasant experience at leaf for me.  sf

P.S. I bought the "cute" sandals and wear them quite often….

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

cool wedge booties..

last year i was buying some shoes as present ofr my wife and while paying, I was talikng with the sales girls ther on how such a wide variety of shoes women have and how some stiles can also be good for men and the girl nodded in approval saying i was right and if i wanted to try some pairs provided that my size would be available.

too bad i was in luch break and had to go back to the office as i would have enjoyed (and maybe bought too) some shoes

It would be VERY smart for a sales person to act the way she did. She now has a dedicated customer that will look for her because she was nice to someone in an uncomfortable situation

I have a dedicated sales lady at dillards. Actually 2 now. I don't buy shoes unless she is there and my wife likes her too.

I now have another one there. She is younger and prettier so I like her a lot too. She knows the shoes are for me.

What I don't get is none have ever really talked about what I wear or asked.

I would love to buy a pair of lovely, stiletto boots, from a shop near me,  but where Im from, Irish woman have a sour face look on them, all they do is bitch at anything that is different, the people of N Ireland think they can read you like a book, and I don't want people to spread rumours about me that aren't true, that's another thing that I hate about where I live, Irish people are really nosey, at best I should be brave one day and cross over the south and buy their, but it will be a lot more costly, with euro currency,

brake blocks,

Nice story. The more you engage sales staffs the more enjoyable the overall experience becomes. Stay at it long enough or wear really interesting shoes and you may get either sales staff or other customers wanting to try on YOUR heels. This has now happened to me twice and it was a powerful and positive lift for my sense of being. I became so used to being ignored and one day I start wearing heels and people don't ignore me anymore. Heels made the guy relevant! Life has many interesting discoveries like this. Keep up the retail therapy.  HappyinHeels 

I've gotten quite comfortable with telling sales people the shoes are for me, with somewhat mixed reactions. A couple Nine West stores know me well by now, the Louboutin shop in Miami remembered me after one visit, the Neiman Marcus's in the area are always nice and helpful, while Saks is a bit apprehensive. 

(formerly known as "JimC")

The only Nine West store me is about 2 hours away, but I do try to stop in when I'm going through. The manager has seen me enough to know what I'm looking for. Makes it a bit easier.

There is an adult boutique that carries a pretty large selection of Pleaser models along with Highest Heel and Ellie heels. The manager and a couple of the other girls know me well enough to keep certain sizes of specials and closouts in the back for me in case I stop in.  They take good care of me when it comes to the exotics.

The only Nine West store me is about 2 hours away, but I do try to stop in when I'm going through. The manager has seen me enough to know what I'm looking for. Makes it a bit easier.

There is an adult boutique that carries a pretty large selection of Pleaser models along with Highest Heel and Ellie heels. The manager and a couple of the other girls know me well enough to keep certain sizes of specials and closouts in the back for me in case I stop in.  They take good care of me when it comes to the exotics.

That's awesome, Heelster!

I love interacting with good sales people.

I had one gal at a Payless just hang out with me and chat while I checked out the styles I was interested in.  We chatted about shoes and about other things.  She too complimented me but the shoes I wanted were just too narrow.  If it hadn't been during a lunch hour I would have stayed another 15 minutes just to chat with her.

It can be dangerous too.  I wound up buying a $50 pair of shoes that I only kind of liked because the sales gal was so cool and helpful.  She knew that if she took really good care of me that I would probably buy and I did.  I really enjoyed the interaction so ultimately the situation was good for me and good for her since she got a sale.  Probably shouldn't have bought the shoes but oh well.

Had some really good experience at Torrid too.  The sales gals there can always cinch a sale with me by commenting to one another, "He walks better in heels than I do."  There has to be something really wrong with a pair of shoes for that one to not work on me.

Best,

Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!