Muppet Movies

Oh, that's a good one, and I'd allow Big Bird.

Thank you.

Four Muppets and a Funeral, just to see Kermit do this [link removed] Miss Piggy is Andie McDowell. The Tory that she marries is the one who stays human. I think Fozzie is Gareth and Scooter reads Stop All the Clocks.

Brilliant idea! Perfect casting and now I can't get Kermit's expletive littered utterances out of my mind.

That's very MP. She could ham it up brilliantly. Thank you.

You're welcome. I'd not considered how she'd ham it up, though; superb!

How about The Muppet Year of Living Dangerously? Kermit in Mel Gibson's role and Miss Piggy in Sigourney Weaver's. Now, Billy Kwan presents a problem. Whilst it's tempting to keep Linda Hunt in the role, it also calls for a muppet. It's just a case of which is more offensive. Michael Murphey keeps his role.

I've never actually seen it, but knowing some of the story line, yes that would work.

Now, to make up for my lack of offerings, BOGOF!

First up, Working Girl (Muppet) with Kermit in Harrison Ford's role, Miss Piggy in for Sigourney Weaver and keeping Melanie Griffifth in her original role. It's always funny to see Kermit getting the attention and MP turning green with envy.

And, whilst channel hopping earlier I stumbled upon Top Gun. Kermit as Maverick, MP as Charlie, Fozzie as Goose and a host of other muppets! Perhaps Bert and Ernie could be Iceman and his spotter (can't remember his callsign). Michael Ironside would have to remain as Jester.

Ah, so you removed the link.  I thought for a moment I'd been moderated.

Two good offerings.  You're right about MP and the 'green eyed monster'.  So may I stray from Hollywood and embrace The Bard?  Mupthello.  Kermit as Othello and Miss Piggy as Desdemona.  I think we're going for a full muppet cast here.  Ooh, no, Kenneth Branagh as Iago.  Muppbeth.  Macbeth and Lady Macbeth obvious, though I'm not sure about the human.  Muppet V.  'Once more unto the breach dear friends, once more, or close up the wall with our Muppet dead'.  'And gentlemuppets in England now abed shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their muppethoods cheap while any speaks that fought with us upon St Elmo's Day'.

Ah, so you removed the link. I thought for a moment I'd been moderated.

Yeah, sorry. It was putting the video in again.

I like the diversion into the Bard, and three offerings with film adaptations, too. Had you intentionally left the obvious for me to mup up? OK, I know your offerings were not from Hollywood, but these are: so we have Romeo/Di Caprio/Kermit and Juliet/Winslet/Miss P (or the Frogs [Montagues] and the Pigs [Capulets]) and The Taming of the Muppet (so many possibilities but how about 10 Things I Hate About You) need to go and check the characters' names, but Heath Ledge/Julia Stiles are the leads.

And your mention of St. Elmo's Day brings to mind St. Elmo's Fire. Again, I need to check the cast, but recall brat pack actors Emilio Estevez, Charlie Sheen?, Demi Moore and others. Surely the perfect film for a headline performance from the muppet himself; Elmo!

• 1 year later...

Not a film I know, I have to admit, but it did make me wonder whether 'The Muppet Blue Lagoon' might present an opportunity to explore the relationship between Kermit and Piggy in more depth https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=the+blue+lagoon&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=Fub1VouFOcj_aerJq-AD#q=The+Blue+Lagoon&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAONgecTozC3w8sc9YSmrSWtOXmM04eIKzsgvd80rySypFFLjYoOyZLh4pTj1c_UNTCwtTLI0GKS4uRBcHgBbBF3zSAAAAA

Muppet Green Mile.  Kermit takes Tom Hanks's role.  Animal might play the viscious guard with Miss Piggy playing Melinda Moores.  I think you'd need to keep the human actor for John Coffey.  Surely there should already be a Muppet called Mr Jingles.

2 hours ago, mwhh said:

Don't know.  I was wondering how you knew it was tough being green.  Compared to what?

You don't know?

you don't know if you meant green with envy, green as in a novice, green with seasickness, Green as in the surname, or green as in Kermit the Frog?

then what on Earth were you asking, and why?

You mean 'TechnicolorR'.  So, going into musicals, Cabaret would be perfect.  Miss Piggy would be the perfect Sally Bowles, with Kermit in the Michael Yorke role.  It would be fun to have the compere as the human like a guest on The Muppet show.  Now, I think you have to have Kermit's nephew as the young German in the biergarten so that you can have 'The Rainbow Connection' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSFLZ-MzIhM morph into a Nazi anthem like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29Mg6Gfh9Co  Statler and Waldorf would both play the disapproving old man.

21 hours ago, Shyheels said:

You don't know?

you don't know if you meant green with envy, green as in a novice, green with seasickness, Green as in the surname, or green as in Kermit the Frog?

then what on Earth were you asking, and why?

It was kind of an open claim.  I really don't care.  But, you were quite forceful in your statement that it was tough to be green.  I am not green.  So l wouldn't know.  being a curious type I was just wondering (I am also aware of Kermit's singing the song in the movie -- but what does that have to do with the price of eggs in China?)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.