Tell Us Something Good

OK everyone, I'd like to hear something good that's happened in your lives recently. We all have problems and troubles. We've all taken a few knocks. So let's look for some of the good around here, no?

I can't start a thread like this without sharing something, so here goes......

In cyber space I've made a couple of connections, hopefully friendships, out of some testing matters.

I've found some seriously talented musicians interpreting some serious music.

In meat space (real world) I've met someone who seems to really care. She doesn't know all about me, it's purely platonic (not that I wouldn't like it to be more).

I've got some leads on work; much needed.

So, there you go.

What good things have been happening in your lives? New shoes/boots, clothes, t.v., car, house, job? Anything, but be positive, please.

On a more recent note, and in keeping with the theme of the site, I did some web work for a boot-making firm and they made me not just one pair of boots, but sweetened the deal off their own by making a second - both very, very nice, unisex style, just exactly in fact what I had originally been wanting but could not find anywhere. THey arrived just before Christmas.

Ok, this is back in September, but I got married :)

Something I never thought I'd be able to do, as it was illegal till just a few years ago, and only legalized a month ago in Florida.

(formerly known as "JimC")

Three good things, buying our house 34 years ago, arrival of our daughter 30 years ago and buying my Land Rover 25 years ago.

Thank you for sharing those.

On a more recent note, and in keeping with the theme of the site, I did some web work for a boot-making firm and they made me not just one pair of boots, but sweetened the deal off their own by making a second - both very, very nice, unisex style, just exactly in fact what I had originally been wanting but could not find anywhere. THey arrived just before Christmas.

That was a great thank you, wasn't it?  Do you have any pictures, please?  Or, have you already posted them and I've missed them.

Ok, this is back in September, but I got married :)

Something I never thought I'd be able to do, as it was illegal till just a few years ago, and only legalized a month ago in Florida.

I had read about that and shamefully hadn't offered my congratulations to you both at the time.  Sorry, and all the best for te future.

• 2 weeks later...

skirtandheel, you need to got to the thread asking if your avatar is really you.

Our previous landlord dropped his lawsuit against us, once he realized he was going to lose his arse. Now we get to sue him.

I am talking to my brother again.

• 4 months later...

Well, today is a beautiful day, the sun is shining, birds are singing. I think I will put on some beautiful high heeled sandals, go outside and just smile.

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Well, today is a beautiful day, the sun is shining, birds are singing. I think I will put on some beautiful high heeled sandals, go outside and just smile.

Awesome!! Hope you enjoyed :-)

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

It is already here in the south. And having just finished a piece of work, this afternoon I shall sit out in the garden and improve my mind with a Micky Spillane...one of the old Signet paperbacks with the lurid '50s covers. 

I am very happy as I'm waiting to get on a plane to go visit my parents after nearly a year and, while I am at it, I get to sleep in for three mornings in a row.

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

skirtandheel,

A good day to be reading your thread. I am thankful for a good and steady income that has allowed me to take my wife and son to Canada four times since February of 2013, attend more than a dozen and a half sporting events over the same time span, and improve my home. My parents are in excellent health and we talk often.

30 years ago this evening around 8 pm Pacific time I walked down the aisle on a 117-degree day in Mexicali, Mexico and was joined in marriage to my wife who is from there. My life got permanently better from that moment forward. That's something worth mentioning any day of the year but quite special on this particular day.  HappyinHeels

• 4 weeks later...

Well, following my original post, one of the work leads has turned into an offer. Yea!

Any more good news out there?

How about the fact that I even woke up from sleeping for a few hours?  (Some people never wake up again.)  That's always a good thing.  Also, I still have my job - even though I have been written up a few times, and I still can afford to have some food.  Hopefully, I will strike a jackpot tonight, I plan to play some lottery numbers soon in the next few hours.  Please wish me the best, folks!  :fine:

:headphones:   :cowboy:     Come and visit our Youtube Channel now!    :cowboy:    :headphones:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...