New Shoes At Work

I use to have a thread called what I am wearing today. Well its been quite a while since I posted in it and since then I have added shoes to my work rotation.

These are new. They are SAM EDELMAN. These are GREAT shoes for someone that wants to wear heels out. The toe area is very big along with the boots which make them look like men's work boots. Some silicon inside the heels makes them almost silent.

Today I have had to live by the words I tell my wife when it comes to buying shoes.

I went with a size smaller, 8 1/2, than what I normally wear. The length is fine but they have been pressing on the sides in some strange places. Oh I always tell her to buy shoes on the snug side because they will stretch. She wants to buy shoes that fit perfect in the store. Then later they stretch and are lose on her foot.

The 9's fit much better in the store but I know once they stretch they will be too big on me. So I have been suffering a bit today.

I also brought a "backup" pair. Thought you might get a kick out of the backup boots.

The Sam e came from marshalls. $50. Dillard's has them too but $40 more.

The backup pair are JESSICA SIMPSON. I have had these boots for at least 2yrs now and never wore them til last week because of the color. I was worried the color would make them stand out too much. After a solid week of wearing them I really love them now.

I also have them in black.

The last pair was "I gotta have these" boots. They are BCBG and came from dillards.

I wanted black but could not find them. I have called stores all over the state looking for black ones. The color is not that great and makes them stand out along with the pointed toe. I have gotten a few more glances in these but no comments.

The new shoes are already doing better. I think after about a week or 2 they will be great. I probably won't wear them a lot even though I have been saying I need to get some lower heels. I will probably wear them when I need heels that don't look like woman's shoes because these really look like work boots. One note. I always advise people not to wear boot cut jeans because it makes your feet look abnormally small if you are trying to be conservative. Notice the pic looking down. These jeans are very narrow at the bottom. These boots are 8 1/8 US.

I Have tried to count in my head how many heels are in the work rotation. I am at 40 that I have worn during the day, even just once and I think 3 that I have worn at night when no one else is here.

post-2198-0-29329800-1421951055_thumb.jp

post-2198-0-87617200-1421951092_thumb.jp

post-2198-0-69222800-1421951800_thumb.jp

post-2198-0-51685700-1421951846_thumb.jp

post-2198-0-72941700-1421951911_thumb.jp

post-2198-0-37774000-1421951975_thumb.jp

post-2198-0-45617700-1421952023_thumb.jp

I like the first two pairs, sure they're a more rugged style but still nicer than anything from the guys department. I kind of like the third pair too, the colour of the boot the dark stacked heel makes a nice contrast, but I'm not so keen on the black rubber sole at the front, if it was dark brown (and not quite so oversized) it would make all the difference.

I'll stick with my bootcut jeans because that's the look I like, but you're right, straight-leg jeans would be less conspicuous if that's the effect you want, and they do work well with those boots.

You make a valid point about sizing too, but often half-sizes aren't available so and I almost always find that a snug UK7 fits better than a loose UK8, though if the 7's too tight and the 8's are still don't feel right I just won't buy the style. Last summer when I bought some ballet flats they were available in size 7 and 7½ and I tried both on a couple of times before decising to go with the snug 7's and that's proved to be the right decision.

Another time a pair of high wedge courts in a size 7 stretched out surprisingly big, so I ended up using gel inserts and now they're very comfy and a perfect fit. However that was just a one-off, using inserts with size 8's just doesn't work for me as they're the wrong size to begin with (unless they're 8's that fit really small... basically 7's labelled as 8's).

If you like it, wear it.

Nice collection, all of which i'd wear publicly. I recently got this pair from the Nine West outlet.

Have you ever gone through airport screening with your filled hollow heels? I imagine they might get curious.

post-16273-0-36962800-1421975000_thumb.j

You have taste very similar to mine, so yeah I like all of the ones you posted here.  Several of my daily/favorite boots are very similar to that style, but in black. 

I don't know why, but that seems to be my favorite color as I think almost all of my shoes and boots are black except for a few pair.  :)

The third pair isn't the best as far as color or for me because I have to look at what I can get away with. I really liked the view looking down more so than the side. I also really like the shape of the toe. More narrow or pointed. I wanted black but they were out. I saw them in a grey that looked really good.

Oh I have them on today. I am hoping that as they get worn the color will change, maybe get darker. For some reason shoes always look better with age.

I.mostly have black shoes. The heels are just filled with silicon so they would just look solid. I prefer not to fly. I goto ok for work and even though it's 1200 miles I prefer to drive....plus I money driving and it's a nice 2 days in heels I normally don't wear.

I make suggestions on what to wear really for those that are not too sure about going out in public.

I am really particular on how shoes fit. I like a snug fit. I think it helps with walking as my foot is not sliding around.

All the shoes I have posted recently have to be worn with hose. I am sure as they get very broken in I may wear them with trouser socks or very thin regular socks.

It's really quite funny the sock wear I have for each pair of shoes.

I have 2 pair of the boot in 2 colors. One pair I wear a lot. So on my right foot I have 2 thicker of my thin socks and on the left I have one sock. The other pair of boots I wear one of my thicker thin socks on my right and one very thin sock on the left.

I love the boots but the left fits better than the right.

These might be the strangest but you get the idea.

I may have to do a thread just on my OCD about this just because it's so odd

One note. I always advise people not to wear boot cut jeans because it makes your feet look abnormally small if you are trying to be conservative. Notice the pic looking down. These jeans are very narrow at the bottom.

I suppose it depends upon what you mean by "boot cut" jeans. I have settled on 3 different affordable brands of boot cut jeans I like. The ones pictured happen to be from Old Navy in a size 6, which is snug, but not tight. As you can see, the flare is not severe, but it's enough to hang naturally over the boot or shoe, yet not hide the fact that I have feet. It does not work particularly well with really flappy mules, however.

My feet are size 9 U.S. women's or 39 EU, or sometimes 40, depending. The heel on the pictured booties is 5 inches.

post-19325-0-48844000-1422052216_thumb.j

• 4 weeks later...

I have been wearing them for the past 5 days. Also been wearing them to work on the house.

wish I could have gotten them in black.

I do get a few looks in public with these on. Been wanting to see what the response of me in heels would be. Nothing said. Just a few whispers.

Went out to eat the other night and they were very much in the open. Waitress did not say anything until I left. I could see her whisper to one of her coworkers as I left.

Went out to eat the other night and they were very much in the open. Waitress did not say anything until I left. I could see her whisper to one of her coworkers as I left.

Funny you should say that. Last summer went to dinner with my wife and wore some very exposed 4.5" Nine West very exposed ankle boots with my otherwise male attire. We sat outside, We ultimately were served by 4 different people, the waiter always returned but the other 3 were clearly interested in seeing my footware. My legs were crossed with the crossed shoe outward for easy viewing. On the way out as we walked past the main entrance double glass doors, at least 6 workers were there all viewing my shoes (I turned to look back). Lots of fun, and I am convinced many more people notice than a lot here would like to believe. 

Sure! People notice guys wearing high heels, if they are anywhere near observant or aware of their surroundings. It's fear that makes these sightings such momentous occurrences, at least to us and the people involved. As the guys wearing heels in this present social environment, we present seemly abnormal situations that most people when becoming involved haven't really or figuratively dealt with, including us. Due to our social programming, the desire to or even wearing heels isn't suppose to be with in the male tastes and abilities, and yet here we are satisfying our need by choosing and wearing our preferred heels to be part of our existence and maybe our social appearance. So now comes the feelings of fear, shame, and possible embarrassment should our personal choice to wear heels become part of the fodder in conversations and relationships, especially by those we consider friends, associates, and/or relatives. By the way, what will their recall of your wearing heels be - The deceitful, the stealthful, or the self-confident male who wears high heels? Continuing to approach the wearing of heels as a matter of shame is only going to verify the way people have been taught to perceive such displays.

I keeps going back to the successes women are enjoying in being free to make their attiring choices. It hasn't been that long ago that both men and women couldn't even show their ankles without some backlash from the social do-gooders. Now they enjoy some of the most revealing options, which for men includes: boxer shorts, being shirtless, and body tattoos; and for women: the mini length styles of dresses, skirts, and shorts, the skimpy two piece swimsuits, the lacy and see-through blouses, really low-cut necklines, and etc. that hardly anyone has to wonder about when it comes to a person's physique by some of their attiring choices or lack of. However, the array of choices women have to select far exceeds the male options, most of which were part of the male wardrobe at one time. When men started choosing attire for practical application, society began to promote that men didn't have the desire to also wear the frilly, flowery, colorful, and sensuous styles, materials, and textures of attiring. To do so got people to think that a guy wanted to feel or be like a female, when actually he was just being a human being expressing the natural tendencies everyone develops to certain degrees. So why do men still seem to feel ashamed expressing their unstereotypical taste for adorning their physique as they actually desire? Obviously, women are now free to cross this man-made line and wear what ever their fancy or mood leads them to do. It's time for men to grow a pair and restore the real identity of what it is to be a male human being. 

So now comes the feelings of fear, shame, and possible embarrassment should our personal choice to wear heels become part of the fodder in conversations and relationships, especially by those we consider friends, associates, and/or relatives.

For what it's worth, I have never lost a relative or family member for wearing high heels.

For what it's worth, I have never lost a relative or family member for wearing high heels.

Or friends for that matter.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Funny you should say that. Last summer went to dinner with my wife and wore some very exposed 4.5" Nine West very exposed ankle boots with my otherwise male attire. We sat outside, We ultimately were served by 4 different people, the waiter always returned but the other 3 were clearly interested in seeing my footware. My legs were crossed with the crossed shoe outward for easy viewing. On the way out as we walked past the main entrance double glass doors, at least 6 workers were there all viewing my shoes (I turned to look back). Lots of fun, and I am convinced many more people notice than a lot here would like to believe.

I think I might have had to ask them what is worse. Me in heels or them standing at the door just to see me. Then tell them for $20 each I will pull up my pants so they can really see them.

• 1 month later...

Some interesting comments above about heels being on show and people noticing them; probably the biggest fear we ALL had at one time, although many will have conquered it.   I'm certainly apprehensive when I wear heels in public, but not nearly as much as I was initially.   Indeed, I rather like the idea of my heels being noticed - if only to demonstrate my boldness - but am still concerned with possibly adverse reaction, especially from anyone who knows me.  Two emotions in conflict - hardly a new concept.

Only today, I decided to put heels on to walk from my home up to the newsagent for a paper at lunchtime; a good quarter mile each way in quietish residential streets until just before the shop.   These low zipped boots were what I chose (Priceless; 4" heel): post-695-0-58813600-1427994895_thumb.jpg   They are black suedette and quite comfortable.   I wore them with bootcut jeans (as I invariably do) which concealed about half the heel when standing, but of course less when walking.   I understand those who avoid bootcut on the grounds that they conceal too much of the projecting shoe - certainly true in this case as the boots have a shorter rounder toe than I like and the foreshortening is noticeable.   But I don't have any narrower jeans that would cover enough of the heel (chicken!) on these or other boots, and narrower jeans can't always be worn over boots that are not snug to the ankle, or calf.

Although naturally somewhat apprehensive about being in heels around my own home in daylight, I have done it before and took the plunge again.   Unfortunately, the pavement was obstructed by a van being unloaded a few doors up, so I crossed over the road - only then to be within clear sight of a scaffolder who emerged from a house directly opposite and I'm fairly sure that he looked, saw and registered!   And someone like a scaffolder is hardly going to be too sympathetic or forgiving if seeing some unusual, unmasculine activity - but nothing was said.   I walked on and then, in another street, was hailed by a couple I know who were getting into their parked car opposite, but I don't think my footwear was noticed as I ackowledged them and walked on.   Nothing more happened when I crossed the busy main road to and from the shop or elsewhere before I got home (no scaffolder in sight) but I cannot pretend that I was entirely encouraged by the experience and I guess my luck will run out sometime soon.   Does it matter?   I really don't know - but my wife (who is totally without understanding) would not let it go if she became aware.

Puffer;

I have a similar pair of booties from Payless.  Be careful waking on soft ground with those heels.  I have pulled the heel plate off too many times.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I have gotten to where I have to have narrow jeans at the bottom. Even the straight legs I wore before are now too wide and at one time I thought they were great.

The jeans still come down over the heel and like the ones today go to the ground in back. I figure your pants will ride up a little when walking but not enough to really show enough heel to be noticeable unless someone is really looking. That's why I wear boots. Most boots have a low heel even for men so that is what they think they see.

crowds are better. You were in a bad situation because it was just you plus you were off at a distance and the angle was low to see the heel. This is why I avoid malls. Well I suggest it's not a great place for beginners. Not enough of a crowd and too many people sitting down with a low angle to the shoes.

Nice boots what brand.

I have worn these everyday thus week. I have gotten quite a few looks. Including a "man you have small feet" from a friend that works at five guys. I think it is the color that makes them stand out. Unfortunately the people I would like to notice don't.

I can pull my pants up a little and the pant leg is a great length. I can also slide them down if I feel I need to hide them.

Woman's levis. Got them from Walmart but unfortunately Walmart does not have them in there very often. There is another brand from Walmart that you may like. They are straight leg but not as tight as these. I really like them because they are more comfortable.

post-2198-0-29239600-1428082404_thumb.jp