Trade Show Agony

pump50

I was at a bridal show and the booth across had 2 models who spent entire day standing in very high heels. By noon both were in distress. Trying to slip their aching feet out of their shoes.

One of them came over to our booth and stood behind our counter and uploaded her heels with a great sigh. Watching her poor feet being relieved of her shoes. U could see it in her eyes. The manager returned and she started putting her shoes back on after about a minute of relief.

The other girl and her both came over about an hour later and both went to heaven for few.

I've been to a few trade shows and seen the same or at least the foot fidgit whilst on the stand, I remember asking a couple of girls on a stand that were marketing an aviation product whether they were of the company marketing team or staff, to be told they were contracted in to hand out the advert sheets and look pretty. Day three of five they were very fed up, bored and sore.

The company sales people popped in on occasions during the day but spent less than afew minutes to top up the leaflets and ask how was it going. As the girls knew nothing about the industry or the product so I can hardly imagine much success. They were actually happy to be engaged in light conversation to pass the day.

Could have been deeper but it was prior to my heeling days, certainly now I can feel more for these girls so out of their depth and near to agony both pysically and mentally.

Remembering one young lady (actually older than me at the time) at a motorcycle racing show promoting the Isle of Mann tourist office in courts(pumps) and a very tight cut one piece race leathers, early in the day so quiet and relaxed, knowledgeable and a biker as a Manx lady promoting her home perfectly = full marks and at ease in her shoes.

Al