Feet Hurting At Work

I usually tough it out. You do get used to wearing heels for long durations once you get used to it.

Did I mention, that it's said that people walk sexier when there feet hurt?

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I change into flats for walking long distances, but sometimes walking short distances in heels is a relief from standing still. Take any chance you get to discreetly slip your feet out of your heels and flex your ankles and toes a few times, even if it's just for 20 seconds. Also when you get home you should pamper your feet and give them a good rub with moisturising cream - they deserve it!

If you like it, wear it.

Tough it out.

I was in a class for work and forgot we were going to walk across campus to see some equipment in another building. It was literally a mile maybe more. I was in 4 1/2 in boots. The outside of my left calf cramped up so bad I could barely keep my ankle straight. I came so close to just sitting down and telling everyone I could not make it but I kept on.

It does get better with time. I have always wanted to ask woman if it gets easier and it does. I am in heels nearly 7 days a week now.

GOOD shoes make a difference. Not to insult anyone but I see a lot here that buy shoes from payless. You get what you pay for.

What's your discomfort? Is it straining your ankles and tendons, or pressure on your toes and the balls of your feet? You must get toilet breaks, even that's an opportunity to stretch a little. If you can go up half a size and use gel inserts under the balls of your feet maybe that would help. What job do you do that keeps you on your feet in heels all day?

If you like it, wear it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I have an office job but do a fair bit of walking around.  My regular heels are a 4 or 5" heel every day of the week.  I find taking the shoes off is harder on my feet as they get hot they swell and much tighter to get them back off and on.  I stretch my ankles a lot and make sure i dont cramp up from sitting too long

Stretching and having strong, flexible feet and ankles makes a huge difference no matter what you are wearing or doing. I used to do a lot of fencing, years ago, and I know I have reaped some benefits from that.

I have some fencing that needs repair here if you're interested?

Stretching and having strong, flexible feet and ankles makes a huge difference no matter what you are wearing or doing. I used to do a lot of fencing, years ago, and I know I have reaped some benefits from that.