Jeffrey Campbell Lovers

MrPump

Hey what's up its me Hiheellover23, and I'm a huge heel fanatic and I have 2 pairs of Jeffrey Campbell Lita boots and am purchasing the Abner boots as well. Stay tuned!!!

What ya see is what ya get no more or less!!

I bought these Jeffrey Campbell "Mercer" boots back in 2013 because of their look. Liked the polished leather and the chunky heel - but was close to sending them back to the store, as they were the only pair I own that smelled "chemical" (I have no other words to describe it) when they arrived, mainly from the plastic/rubber sole.

I put them on my balcony during summer for a couple of weeks till the smell faded away. Did your boots also came with that strange smell?

From a quality perspective (just my personal opinion), Jeffrey Campbell shoes are overpriced. Produced in China, cheapest leather (at least my cobbler said so when he had to replace the zipper that stopped working after just using it three times (I was basically stuck in my boots and couldn't get out, as the zipper wouldn't move).

I like some of his creations (e.g. Hbic), but that was my first and last pair. Yes, even I get tempted to buy another pair every now and then, but then I look at these again and refrain from ordering...

jeffrey_campbell_zps67f35ede.jpg

• Like 1

Well I'm always happy with the quality Freestyle75

I guess that your boots were just bad luck :-?

I own a studded shoe and they are still on the shoe , and they smelled like leather a few days :cheeky:

But thanks for the post , your boots look amazing !

Here are some photos of my Lita booties as well as my partner's pair that I bought for her a few years ago :fine:

post-25726-0-32093500-1421838184_thumb.jpost-25726-0-38456100-1421838199_thumb.jpost-25726-0-74469600-1421838211_thumb.j

I do agree that the quality doesn't really match the price you pay for them, but then again mine are used from eBay and were at total bargain.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm almost daily scoping out the local second hand goods site for a pair of lita's but even second hand they aren't cheap. For now i'll have to make due with a pair of look-a-likes. Posted a pic in the who has bought some new shoes topic a while back:

http://hhplace.org/topic/7858-who-has-bought-some-new-shoes/?p=340016

So excited! Just bought a pair of real Lita's! The same ones as Petey86 also on a second hand site. Hope they fit!

@kneehighs

The ones I just bought also say lita-man on the box. :fine:

Pretty cool that you got a hold of the Lita Man boots! Do post a photo when you get them :fine:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Fellow Lita lovers, I have a question. I'm being offered a pair of "Lita's" but I'm having doubts about the authenticity. The logo on the inside doesn't match my other pair of Lita's which I'm 100% sure are genuine. These don't come with a box either so thats why I wonder. I attached some pictures of them. Are they knock-off or real?

There are a few things more I notice which makes me doubt but before I accuse someone of trying to sell me something for too much money I like to be sure. :fine:

post-4974-0-28212500-1435161290_thumb.jp

post-4974-0-56569600-1435161294_thumb.jp

post-4974-0-92240800-1435161302_thumb.jp

I actually think they are the Lita Espana boots that were made in spain and limited in numbers. Does it say "made in spain" on the sole? Also that jeffrey campbell logo was used in other styles too as i have the "Areas" boot that has the same logo.

Did some searching and I think you are right! I found some pictures with the same logo. Judged to soon. But also found out they run small compared to the regular Lita so still don't want to take the gamble due to the size. Did sent the seller an e-mail to let her know. :)

• 6 months later...