Most Comfortable Shoes

JackieAL

Ask a 100 different people and you're going to get a lot of different answers.

Put simply, it's the one you find most comfortable.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Greetings Jackie. Welcome to hhplace.

I dont believe there is one brand that sticks out above the rest or even 5 brands. Weather, surfaces walked upon, type of terrain being covered.

Its all a personal preference. ;)

Cheers!

-ILK

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I agree with Shafted, although, you often get what you pay for. Find the point on the price/comfort bell curve that you are happy with :) (depends on shoe size, mens 7? nine west/cole haan, mens 18? good luck)

(formerly known as "JimC")

I think its a lucky throw of the dice. If you're lucky you might find a cheap pair of heels that are very comfortable and if you're unlucky you end up with your expensive dream heels that feel like they were made in hell. You may even find that when you get two pairs of the exact same shoes and brand you may end up prefering one over the other as one feels more comfortable.

I guess that in the end shoes, even cheap ones from China, are not machine made to perfection down to the exact millimeter. Lots of handcrafting still goes on so there will always be tiny deviations and imperfections from specs that will influence wearer comfort.

And that is excluding how well you can handle heel height.

Love wearing heels. Anyone have any advice on the most comfortable brand? Thanks

I agree with others that it's a personal thing, you just have to try each pair on and see how they feel. Over time there are some brands that you'll find an affinity for and other brands that you'll tend to avoid. It does vary from style to style and there will be exceptions: my favourite brands occasionally have styles that don't feel comfortable, and a few months ago a brand that I usually avoid had a style that feels very comfortable to wear, so it's always worth trying on anything you like the look of (like we need an excuse to do that!).

If you like it, wear it.

I tend to find its best to get an expensive shoe. I usually get $75-$150 shoes. Usually on sale though. I have a pair of jessica Simpson boots that are very hi but much easier to walk in than some that are a little lower.

Aerosoles…  I have several pair, both pumps and sandals.  Very comfortable, and they go to size 12 and tend to run big.  

The sandals are "Moments Notice," and the pumps are "Magical Power."  

Overall Aerosoles are very comfy, but I have some Payless sandals that I can wear all day as well.  It just depends on the fit, and what works best for you…  sf

post-230-0-26582100-1421772177_thumb.jpg

post-230-0-39998900-1421772200_thumb.jpg

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

While the price or brand of the shoe can be a contributing factor, it is absolutely NOT a guarantee that they will be more comfortable. 

My most comfortable heels are also one of the cheapest pairs I own.  I think they cost about $40, for a pair of Soda brand rounded toe ankle boots with a 4.5" chunky heel / 0.5" platform, and they absolutely fit my feet like a glove.  I have walked several miles at a time in them, wearing them all day, and my feet have never been sore in them at the end of the day.  They even beat out most of my flat shoes for comfort.

On the other end of the spectrum, I have a few pair that are closer to the $150-225 range that are relatively similar in design to the ankle boots I mentioned above. They are fine to wear for a few hours, and I can do moderate walks, but really none of them can beat the cheap  $40 Soda boots that I wear the most.  So go figure.... 

As Shafted said, ask a question like this to a wide audience and you probably get a unique answer from each person.  There are so many style variations and so many brand names out there, the options are literally endless. 

Anyway, my main point is, don't expect someone's idea of a perfect shoe to work for you, and my other point, don't expect a more expensive shoe to necessarily be a more comfortable shoe.  You just have to experiment, try them on for yourself.  It is a lot of trial and error to be honest, but only you can really answer the question for yourself, nobody else can...

I like Aerosoles, too. My avatar is a pair of Aerosoles "Platonic" sandals which I bought several years ago and which had their public debut in San Francisco with friends of ours from Scotland. I really like them and bought them in size 11 and 12, not knowing which would fit better. Well, it turned out they both fit ok, and I keep one pair at home and one at the office (both in black). I have them in brown as well. I have 10 other pairs of Aerosoles, too, but I have to admit that some fit better than others; e.g., I have a pair of "Besotted" booties that don't have the arch in the right place and aren't comfortable for long periods of time. Besides Aerosoles, I love Naturalizer, Born, White Mountain, and Clarks in particular.

Steve

post-4071-0-35789600-1421894459_thumb.jp

post-4071-0-76222400-1421894476_thumb.jp

• 1 month later...

if you like platform pumps that are high and really sexy and very easy to walk in you will love the shoe called kissable71. my wife has these in red patent black patent and white patent. she has so many pairs of pumps from 4 inch to 61/2 inch and she can wear these kissable 71s all night and they really look hot. they are 51/2 inches high. I have also worn many heels over the years and I bought these in black patent. I can wear these all day so easy. I got them from the highest heel. if you like this type of heel you will love these. we just came back from a cruise in which my wife wore all 3 colors all night and we danced a lot in the disco. these are her favorites.

As much as I don't suggest guys walking about in stripper heels, some of the Pleaser and Ellie heels are remarkably comfortable. I like G by Guess, Nine West, Jessica Simpson and J Lo lines for the medium budget. I haven't gone into the high dollar lines. I usually find mine at the DSW Clearance aisles, and Nine West Outlet stores.

So far, I haven't had much luck at Payless (and the selection id damn limited locally) or other discounters (Shoe Dept. Shoe Carnival etc.)

Your mileage may vary

As much as I don't suggest guys walking about in stripper heels, some of the Pleaser and Ellie heels are remarkably comfortable. I like G by Guess, Nine West, Jessica Simpson and J Lo lines for the medium budget. I haven't gone into the high dollar lines. I usually find mine at the DSW Clearance aisles, and Nine West Outlet stores.

So far, I haven't had much luck at Payless (and the selection id damn limited locally) or other discounters (Shoe Dept. Shoe Carnival etc.)

Your mileage may vary

If you think about it its logical. After all stripper heels were adopted by a profession that had look both sexy and be on their feet for most of their time.

If you think about it its logical. After all stripper heels were adopted by a profession that had look both sexy and be on their feet for most of their time.

That's what I was thinking.

Your mileage may vary

I know a lot of people here love Payless and for that I hate to put them down. But when you wear heels every day and start to wear better brands you will wonder how you every wore Payless shoes. Back in the 80s Payless had a better shoes. But it seems like all the stores have shifted down a level in quality. Payless and shoe show were at the bottom then places like rackroom. I use to shop a lot at rackroom but now there quality is about what Payless was in the 80s.

I like a lot of the bands you do.

Jessica. 9 west. Bakers. Lucky brand. Vince camuto. Bcbg. Enzo angiolini. Sam edelman.

We don't have a DVD but they are a favorite.

Now DILLARD'S is the "mother ship" for me.

But I have also noticed some of there brands are dropping there quality. Even the sales people have said that.

Try to avoid man made materials. It's hard to do and can be expensive but your feet will love you.

I have a pair of Vince camuto boots that were $150 but I got on sale for $50. Most of my shoes are in the $80-$120 range but I don't usually pay that. I get a lot of mine on sale like at the end of the year when dillards does a 60% off sale. Problem is I can miss getting my size but then I go online and might find it. I just got 3 pairs of shoes for about $60 each that were all originally over $100.

Good or expensive does not always mean the best. I have a pair of Jessica boots that has a 4+ inch heel that is easier to wear and walk in than heels with a lower heel.

• 3 months later...

Some people will most likely say that Pleaser heels are total crap just because they are made in china.  I have worn three various pleaser styles, all for charity fundraising.  The first pair was a pair of 7.5 inch block heel platforms which were 4 inches thick.  these would of been more comfortable to wear if they were a wider fit and had a padded insole.  believe it or not they were fairly easy to walk in even for 5 miles.  i wish i had actually kept them.  i also have a pair of 6 inch stiletto heels with a 1.75 inch platform. although the same size these felt different as they have a padded insole but feel a little narrower fit.  They were still easy to walk in though

Both the above are sandals.

The most comfortable pleaser i have walked in is a 4 inch block heel mary jane with a 1 inch platform.  i wore these last year for 31 days as replacements for my normal mens shoes for at least 8 hours per day.  they were the same size but a wide fit.  they actually were around a size too large.  i could have easily gone down a size.  they had no insole padding but they were amazingly comfortable even curing by back ache.  They should suit both men and women as every day shoes.

as a general rule i say its down to the individual wearer to say what they feel comfortable and only take other wearers words as a guide.  i find a pleaser wide fit shoe to actually feel a lot larger than it is.

next year i will be wearing a pair of pleaser T-Bar shoes which have a 3 inch stiletto heel.  these will be wide fitting so again i expect them to suit me perfectly.  i will be wearing them every day for around 2 months for at least 8 hours per day.  oh i forgot to mention that i will be doing a half marathon wearing the 4 inch mary janes

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I'm agree with you, I'vo bought Seduce 420V from Pleaser and they wre the most comfortable high heels (over 4") I have enven worn!

I'm also searching 5.5/6" to wear but very comfortable too,if somebody have an idea...

Krazykev, do you remember the name of your shoes please?