Shoe Inventory, Some Statistics

mlroseplant

It's been a while since I did a shoe inventory, and what I found was not too surprising--I have a lot of shoes, for a guy, though not nearly as many as some.

I have 33 pairs of actively worn heels. Is this too many? My wife thinks so, although my count is but a fraction of hers. Here are the vitals (with statistician Jeff B in mind as I list them off):

Sandals: 12, Oxfords: 5, Boots: 7, Mules (backless shoes, whether open- or closed-toed): 17, Wedges: 3, Stilettos: 7.

Height of heels: <4 inches: 9, 4 inches to 4.5 inches: 11, >4.5 inches up to 5 inches: 8, >5 inches: 5. Lowest heel height: 3.5 inches. Highest heel height: 5.5 inches.

I also have 9 pairs of shoes that I am looking to get rid of, almost all because of fit issues.

It is not surprising that more than 50% of my collection are mules/slides. I simply love this style, especially in sandals. To me, one of the happiest sounds in this world is the "slap/click, slap/click" of a backless high heeled sandal, whether on my own feet, or somebody else's.

I am curious to know about other people's shoe inventories, and if there is a particular bias in your collections.

P.S. As an aside, my user name should actually be Melrose Plant, a now disused nickname I picked up at work a number of years ago. I have noticed that a number of people have taken to calling me "Mlro" or "Miro." I use the name mlroseplant because melrose plant was already taken or was not allowed for some reason or other. Of course, Melrose is not my real name, but I have been known as Melrose on a number of jobs over the years.

Attached is a picture of my partial collection of heels. I intend to build more shelving to accommodate the remainder.

post-19325-0-78876600-1420432709_thumb.j

I think I have around 100 pair. Not sure if that includes the multiples of the same shoe. Like these bare traps I have. I have the same shoe in both boot and shoe. Some boots are pull on some have a zipper but they are all the same and probably have 10-15 pair.

My wife gets Madd when I buy shoes because I have so many. Oh I just added 4 more pair.

I now only buy shoes that I can wear everyday so no pumps or sandles.

Do a search for what I am wearing today to see what I wear to work.

Dear Mr. Rose Plant (sorry - couldn't resist!),

Like you, I have a penchant for clog-style heels, too, though not as tall as yours. Most of mine are 3-4 inches, a height I'm very comfortable in walking long distances. Most look very unisex or masculine, not drawing a lot of attention, unless one is knowledgeable about shoes. I have lots of sandals for warmer weather. And some boots, booties, and a few pumps. I don't like tie shoes (women's or men's) so I don't own any of them.

I had a carpenter build some special shelves for me, about 3.5' wide, 7' tall, and 1' deep, with 6" shelf spacing. You might require more spacing for taller heels. The shelves held about 70 pairs of shoes. I dismantled the shelving as we're moving to a retirement community in the near future, and we have closets designed with lots of shelves (80 pairs for me, 60 pairs for my wife), plus floor room for boots and booties.

If anyone wants my surplus shelving, I'd be glad to find a good home for it. All I ask is what I have invested in it, which is about $60, and you pick up. It can probably be dismantled to fit into a large sedan, but a minivan or SUV would be better. Contact me via PM.

Steve

I too..have a collection of heels that keeps growing. I can't walk buy a shoe store without trying to get my wife to go in also. My collection has grown to over sixty five pairs. Fifteen or so are boots consisting of thigh high and knee high platforms. All of my shoes are 5", 6", or 7" inch platforms. Many of my favorites are Pleaser brand. I find that they are very comfortable to wear for extended amounts of time. I am still looking for a pair of burgandy pumps sold by payless named "hype" but seem to not be available in Canadian stores. My search for that next great pair continues.

68_zpscb52b087.jpg

I own 111 pairs of shoes total, thereof approx. 70~75 pairs of heels. 67 of these are shown in the pic. All those shown in the pic together are worth approx. 35K USD... (as Mrs. Bradshaw said: "“I like my money right where I can see it: Hanging in my closet"... well... probably standing in my closet to be correct) one of my new year's resolutions is NOT to buy further shoes and rather save some money to buy a house... it's all about priorities... :roll:

I own about forty pairs of heels and I like every style :fine:

I love wedge sneakers and wedges in general but I also like a nice glossy red 16cm stiletto !

My most recent pair are jeffrey campbell spiked lita's and they are worth every euro :giggle:

Storage is a problem indeed :roll:

• 2 weeks later...

68_zpscb52b087.jpg

I own 111 pairs of shoes total, thereof approx. 70~75 pairs of heels. 67 of these are shown in the pic. All those shown in the pic together are worth approx. 35K USD... (as Mrs. Bradshaw said: "“I like my money right where I can see it: Hanging in my closet"... well... probably standing in my closet to be correct) one of my new year's resolutions is NOT to buy further shoes and rather save some money to buy a house... it's all about priorities... :roll:

Very nice collection, I do like alos ankle boots, like you it seems... And I envy around 15 pairs you display! Great!