The Damned 6'' Heel (2'' Platform) Boots For Men

k6ps

Hi!

http://www.solestruck.com/the-damned-mulder-mens-black-leather/index.html

http://www.solestruck.com/the-damned-abner-mens-wheat/index.html

They did it -- again!! :fine:

k6ps

PS Sorry if this post might sound like an advertisement. I'm not in any way affiliated with Solestruck (other than as a happy customer) -- just wanted to share this with you out of pure joy.

Yes I have been watching solestruck as well for new and up coming boots/shoes from Jeffrey Campbell. They do look cool but a bit too much platform for me, 1" is more of my taste, however I like the Abners better. I wonder if the heel will be solid..hmmm...

Well the fact that he is making us some heels is good though.

It's not that I don't appreciate these selections for high heeling men, but they are only helping to solidify the male stereotype that guys should want only large and bulky shoes and shouldn't have the desire or wear footwear that is dressy, attractive, and foot slimming, like high stiletto/spike pumps and boots are known for. Styles like the ones from Solestruck have formerly been marketed to the outdoors's woman or the Goth/Punk person to portray a more hardened, gruff, and in control look promoting society's male stereotype for women. With attitudes that men can only want to wear the items of practicality, guys wanting to wear high heel pumps, sandals, boots will have a harder time getting the social support to wear what they desire.

i like these two pair of boots but I have to agree also with HIstiletto's statement...

or maybe is that shoe designers should try to make some heel suitable for men considering the male body shape.

most of the time the hardest time is to fit into shoes which are designed for a feminine look.

at least this is my feeling....

I really like that they are marketing some high heel shoes/boots toward men, that part is very cool.  

However, I have to agree with some of the detracting comments here.  Looking through their full selection, none of them really do anything for me and I feel they are trying to integrate rather stereotypical ideas into their 'mens' heels, primarily goth/punk (as histiletto mentioned).  But at least it's going somewhat in the right direction I suppose.  :)

Update:   Actually, I see they have one called the 'Lita Man', which is essentially just a clone of the Jeffrey Campbell Lita boot.  So, that one is pretty good I suppose, but then again, you can get the original 'Lita' boot for actually a little bit less money.  Also, the men's sizes are not any bigger as they only offer mens 8 & 9, while you can get the women's Lita up through size 11, which is equivalent.  So why not do that instead?

I agree with you on that one ILK, a real 'Glam Rock' pair of boots. As well as Kiss you could probably take a crack at covering some Ziggy too...

I must confess I'd be very tempted to try a pair of these if the price was right.

Probably wouldn't bother with the 'Lita Man' though as I already have several pairs of the real thing, but it's good to know that someone is starting to market boots for men - at last!

Not my cup of tea. And yeah, they are ugly as sin.

I dont think they are' ugly ', just limited in what could be worn with them.

I couldnt see a Skirt or Dress. Capris? eh.. Maybe full legged leather pants or something to that effect.

*I* too thought they were fugly, then I looked at them from a perspective of ' what COULD ' work with those? A Costume came immediately to mind so there is some kind of ' function ' to go with a limited fashion scope IMO.

The Biggest problem I would have with those is theres ( probably ) little to no feeling through the jackstand on the bottom of them. I couldnt work my pedal board, thus, I couldnt even really use them doing a ' KISS ' impersonating band thingi.

Im sure SOMEONE could pull it off but not me. I need to feel the pedal board.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

• 2 weeks later...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I behold their beauty!

All my heels are 6" stiletto's with varying degrees of platform and I could do with something more "robust" for when I'm walking the dog. As it is I wear trainers but they spoil the whole image when I wear my favorite leggings.

Unfortunately I don't have that kind of money floating about just now.

Not bad indeed:) I'm still considering the black Mulders in US10 because they should fit without any problems but the price and the additional custom fees to Poland are pushing me back. Too bad that the customs are so expensive and there is no way to avoid them :(

Well this is how I styled the boots.  Not saying that this look works but I think the jeans work out pretty well!

Cool! I think they should have made the "HBIC" style in the mens over the Abner boots as they look more complete instead of the open sides.

Still love the Mulder boots though! If anyone has them, do post some photos  :fine:

tumblr_ms5453zARU1qamkf8o1_500.jpg