Waiting Of The Post

johnheels

Hi All I have just bought a pair of over knee boots on line they were the last pair and the right size they look fantastic and I can't wait to slip them on. I keep looking for the post man but there is no sign of him I feel like a child waiting for santa. Does any body else find the same thing ?

Once I get them I will post a photo .

Yup, same here. One time I was waiting for a parcel to arrive with UPS - at the place I used to live I was always first in line, with the delivery taking place around 9 in the morning. I have moved to a different city and hoped that it would be the same. 9 a.m. - nothing. 10, 11, 12.. nothing. 3 p.m., nothing. The online tracking said "out for delivery today". I called UPS and they told me that the delivery may take place till 7 p.m.

At 6:57 p.m., the UPS guy rings my doorbell... to deliver a pair of boots that didn't fit in the end. Oh well *sigh*... the joys of online-shopping :cheeky:

I've been wondering. Do heels increase their value in your eyes the harder they are to get? I don't mean just in the shipping phase, but through the whole process.

That's an interesting question Histiletto. For me I don't think so, if a pair of heels I like proves hard to get that just makes it frustrating. I will occasionally visit several branches of a store to track down a pair I really like, but if they prove difficult to track down the appeal usually wears off and I'll get excited about some other pair that is actually available and affordable.

If you like it, wear it.

The frustration is probably the worst feeling knowing the pair of heels that hugged my fancy is available, but somehow I can't make the connection to get them for whatever the reason. It tends to happen more with designer heels because of their limited volumes made per pair and the extreme over pricing.

Yes! I have been known to take a day of my holiday in order to wait for a parcel containing new boots. It's better than having the Postie leave a card telling me my parcel is waiting at the sorting office & I can't collect it for another 48 hours.

'Child waiting for Santa' is a very good description of how I feel.

I've been wondering. Do heels increase their value in your eyes the harder they are to get? I don't mean just in the shipping phase, but through the whole process.

Most definitely! If I'm after a certain pair of boots I will move heaven & earth to get them. In the past I have waited for anything up to 12 months in order to get a certain pair of boots & right now one of these pairs is the prize of my entire collection, the equivalent to owning the Crown Jewels as far as I'm concerned. 

What does annoy me however are eBay sellers who can predict that a certain item is likely to become highly sought after, buy up all of that particular item they can find, then sell it much later on at a highly inflated price.

In all honesty I should really add that the main reason this annoys me is because I can't afford to do it myself!