Close, But Nope!

Pumped

We went to my wife's company party last night. She has worked there a few years and I know many of the employees well. Also my wife does not appove of me wearing heels. While we were getting ready to leave my wife handed me her purse and I just hung it over my shoulder like it belonged there. Hell, I am 55 years old, and married for many years, not the first time I have carried a purse! One of the gals walked up to me and mentioned she liked "my" purse, but it did not go with my shoes. I looked at her 4" heels and said that hers would match nicely and she offered to take them off and let me wear them. I asked what size she wore and unfortunately she wears a size smaller than me. All the while my wife was just giving me the "look". Just for the fun of it I would have worn them too! I pretty sure everyone there would have thought it was funny, but I wonder what they would have thought when the saw I could actually walk in them!

I can imagine "the look" as you put it. My wife tolerates some of my boots depending on where we are going, but that's about the extent of it.

I know one of these days, I'm gonna get busted somewhere out of town by someone I know, and then it's gonna be known everywhere - - -and that's what scares the wife. What she says bothers her is that she is just under 5 foot, can't wear heels, and if I'm in anything over 4" high, I tower over her. Otherwise, she just thinks it's weird that is until it's time to decorate the Christmas tree, or put something in an upper cabinet.

Don't do anything to embarrass the wives.

Mine is the same way. Worried about what others will think. Now She sees that people really don't notice or care.

It's too bad we live in a superficial world created by misunderstanding human behaviors that degrades reality and makes the truth embarrassing should it exhibited. Not too long ago, the showing of ankles or even the curved features of the human body was considered indecent and prohibited socially. With this kind of thinking, one could conceive that women were suppose to wear their hair long to hide many of their facial features for morality reasons. For the past few decades women have enjoyed their freedom to wear quite an assortment of outfits that seem to range to whatever their imagination desired and they considered appropriate. Had women been burdened with the same limitations men have been given, the outlook would have become quite a bit bleaker. The real tragedy is that men seem to have let their freedom to choose their own appearance taken away so that they are the fashioned depleted or prisoners.   

It is double sided thought that women can wear what they want but will not let men want to wear because they feel is it a bit too

much and feel others in society would judge them for that. It appears that their worries are based it judgement against them for allowing their

man to be so feminine rather than the man facing the perceived judgement for wearing what he chooses on his own terms.

However having spouse who has now accepted me for what I am and allows me to wear what wish, I have created my own terms as not embarrass

her in front of specific people or her family. I can say that acceptance allows me to be open to any objections which we face as couple if we come upon those judgements. The whole process is based the caring what other people think versus not caring what other people think.

The world is still a wonderful place!