My Sabrina's Arrived

exitman1

I said I would post when they arrived. We'll I went dont to the shop today and picked them up and then I went and changed my converse style trainers for my new heels (still afraid to try them in shop). The first thing I saw was the 'high' thin heel and i was very excited, heres a picture.

Posted Image

so I quickly put them on and found that they fitted and they dont run small, in fact there is loads of room - thick socks may be called for.

I ordered these heels due to the heels for men site saying they are perfect and hearing people who wear them on this site. So after I ordered them I asked to see what any current sabrina owners thought, i was told they were actually quiet loud. This is a fact I did not fully understand until today. As I took my first steps the clicking sound was clearly heard. This is due to the metal cap on the heel (see pic) - can this be silenced a bit.

Posted Image

So I went to the main street and the heels were clicking away my first stop was a bookstore.... it was here I had my first reaction, I walked up the stairs and two kids stopped I took no notice until they started telling all their friends to come see. I felt like it was a case of "come and see the freak". So I continued on walked around for about an hour and every woman I passed looked down. So I contined on and I walked past two women at an cash machine and I think one noticed and all I heard as a loud laugh.

So im not sure about wearing these shoes again, i love them however, but I think they may be a bit loud - i may as well have been wearing stilettos. But how do you guys get on in them and would you wear them often, even if you dont have a pair would you wear them.

So i'll try again wearing them - as i dont think I could resist.

So keep your opinions comming....

i would love to own a pair of Sabrinas, however, it appears that they are not available anymore on the Faith website. :D thank you for that heeling report, exitman! very informative! they look pretty slippery shoes, is that the case?

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything..." - Dr Emmet L Brown - 1985

I wear something similar quite often, though not lucky (or well-heeled enough) to afford real leather. They come with hard plastic heel tips, which are fairly loud, though probably not as loud as metal. Rubber heel tips have a different "feel" when walking, sort of "mushy" which translates to slightly unstable, and therefore harder to walk naturally in. I don't think it is the sound, per se, that attracts undue attention--I think far too much is made of this on this forum--Spanish (or Italian) dress, dancer, "Beatle", or "gigolo" boots also make such a sound, and they are not considered inappropriate wear for males, at least not the suave, dark and handsome variety (to which I, unfortunately, don't even come close to being a member of!). I always wear pants long enough to cover at least half of the heel, when standing still--I think such a look is way cool on a woman, by the way. People will notice if they are the type that look at shoes, which excludes about 90% of the guys, and perhaps 20% of the women in the world--"you pays your money and you takes your choice", as it were. Of course, if you wear pants short enough to reveal not only the entire heel, but an inch or so of the shoe, as apparently most guys are used to wearing, then you are going to attract ALOT more attention from everybody, even if the heels are totally silent.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Those are very nice, but I think the noise would be offputting to me too, especially as an infrequent wearer. That's IF I had the courage to do it anyway, and IF my wife agreed to it lol

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

i like these shoes and have heard a few members say they have some, though i never knew they were metal tipped. the story above from exitman is a prime example of what ive always said and feared about my own heeling. He describles waking down the street with people pointing and laughing, the worst scenario for the male heeler. I know weve all heard heelfan etc saying noone cares, but its either location and people in certain areas arent bothered, or we care to notice more than these lads do, because i seem to feel the same as in exitmans tale. It is embarrasing and offputting. I hate to be negative and wouldnt want to discourage anyone, but this is the sort of thing that is annoying. Why cant we do what we want. its not like it hurts anyone. And what makes women so special that they can have any fashion choice on the planet, and then limit men to boring styles and choices. daz

it's a conspiracy Daz. I call it trouser tyranny. They fight for the right to wear trousers to work or school in the name of equality but then laugh and belittle us when we try to exercise the same rights!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I know weve all heard heelfan etc saying noone cares, but its either location and people in certain areas arent bothered, or we care to notice more than these lads do, because i seem to feel the same as in exitmans tale.

I tend to agree. I've read lots of street-heeling stories here, and I guess that once you wear your heels outside more frequently, than you'll be more fluent, walk more naturally, attract less attention and if you do, you'll be impassive to responses.

But, to me, exitman1's story represents my feelings about this, more than the rest of the gang clicking happily on every street :D. Don't fold in, Exitman!!!

Dont get me wrong as many of you have been reading my previous posts will know i have been wearing heels as part of my normal clothing since christmas, without anyone noticing. The syles I have been wearing are thicker heels up to four inches - no-one cares. But the sabrinas were recomended as perfect wear for guys so I bought them as my first attempt into slimmer, slightly higher (they are 4 1/2 inches) heels. I love the sabrinas but i think that i will try to get some thin rubber stips onto the heels to dull them, as lets face it even guys dress shoes make loud audable clicks, its just these heels sound more femine and attract more attention due to the solid metal heel. How have the current sabrina owners on this board got on with them.

but theres attracting wanted attention, and unwanted jeering too, which is what we were referring to. i know these shoes, jusrt like stilettos are designed to attract looks and turn heads. on the positive i was in scarborough today and had a nice walk along the cliff in my wedge boots and noone even noticed anything different, had my stilettos been on instead i think i wouldve turned a few heads instead ;D

When you wear heels like on the sabrinas there is always some amount of attention you will attract. Think about it, if a women would wear those, you would be looking to. It is definitely a help when you are comfortable walking in them. Nothing attracts attention like a guy stumbling in heels. Once, I walked out of a store with a new pair of thin heels on, as I often do, and I have walked only a few stores down in the mall when I slipped on the stone floor and fell on my behind. Believe, that is the way to draw attention to those shoes. New shoes can be slippery to. I have worn heels like the sabrinas on shopping trips but wear pants that cover part of the heel. I find that makes me most comfortable. The heel shows completely when walking, but when standing still only the bottom shows. So when someone is paying undue attention in a store, I can always stop and browse and leave less of the heel exposed. Somehow, I feel that leaves the person staring with a bit of an enigma. Sometime you can see on their face that they are puzzled, like "Did I see that correctly " This helps me. But you should find out what makes you comfortable. i am stil convinced tha attitude is the big factor. When you walk with confidence people tend to find that "all is normall". it is when you look around you and act scared or odd, that people wonder what is up. I have found the heel wearing to be a good exercise in building confidence, and making me believe more in my own ideas, even when they are not mainstream (I am not talking about tong piercing here). Since I do science and engineering, delivering unconventional ideas has helped me tremendously in my career. So, in short, wearing heels isn't all that bad for you ! Sorry for the long post.

Hello Exitman! I am one of the Sabrina-wearers from whom you are seeking advice, being the owner of three pairs - two in black and one in beige. These are my random tips: 1. Although "Heels4Men" illustrated a pair of Sabrinas, please don't think Sabrinas are typical men's street-heels. They are not. On the 0 to 10 scale of boldness, I rank them about 8 or 9. Whilst I have street-heeled in 5" stilettos (as recently as Sunday in fact - see my report on the "Real Life Meetings" section) and higher, I would say that the average guys' streetheels are lower and chunkier at an average of about 3" to 4". 2. Although I have been street-heeling for 47 years (from the age of 12 to my present 59), like Daz I have my shy days (out with the 3" block heels), my average days (reach for the 4 to 4 1/2" semi chunky heels) and my daring days (nothing less than the 5" stilettos will do). 3. Therefore I advise you NOT to tamper with the heels to take away the sexy click click click. Instead, if you want more discreet heels for the time being, get a lower, chunkier, quiter pair, but save those Sabrinas for the many bolder moments that are bound to come along., and you have something exciting to look forward to. 4. Yes, if you don't want people to see them for now, then get some ground-brushing trousers to hide them. You can always wear shorter trousers-legs if or when you get more confident. Another tip is to choose trousers of the same colour as the shoes. Therefore if you wear black trousers with the black Sabrinas, from behind the shoe and heel can merge into the black of the trouser-bottoms, whereas a red or white heels would stand out. 5. Also, begin by wearing them in districts other than your immediate home and circle of family, friends and neighbours. 6. Avoid yobbos, especially beered-up ones. They are your only possible real danger if they are spoiling for any excuse for a confrontation with somebody. However, in all my many, many years of streetheeling, I've never been the victim of any actual physical violence whatsoever. 7. If you don't want to be giggled-at, avoid passing under the noses of giggling schoolgirls. 8. Never skulk along furtively. Stride out confidently as if you mean it and are proud of it, and keep a big smile on your face at all times. People are actually much more sensitive to body language than they are to your actual shoes. Confidence helps you pass ANYTHING off! 9. If you do get giggled at, the very worst thing to do is to look all embarrassed and ashamed. I find that a hugely successful technique is to enter in the spirit of things and give the gigglers a massively beam back! For instance, when I was trying on one of my pairs of Sabrinas in the Bristol branch of Faith, four teenage girl customers watched me put on the Sabrinas and started giggling at me. I immediate looked straight at them and gave them a huge grin and a thumbs-up sign. Suddenly they find that they can't giggle at me because I'm laughing WITH them! I was then able to walk swiftly over to them (demonstrating my prowess in wearing high heels) and began chatting to them about what great heels they are and what a great shop it is. They then got friendly and asked me a few questions, and I told them about this Forum and its membership of over 1,150 the majority of them being street-heeling guys. They ended up saying they were impressed and wished me good luck! 10. Beginner street-heelers are always scared sh--less that some member of the public will spot their heels. However, believe me, once you find that the world is not going to cave in, and you gradually build up more confidence, you start rather hoping that someone will notice your high heels. At the weekend's Paris Heel-Meet, the five of us who attended were all in agreement that if any of us go out for a day's street-heeling and nobody whatsover notices our heels, we return home feeling pretty disappointed! 11. I don't think it would give any of us street-heeling guys nearly as much of a buzz if there wasn't the ever-present "risk" of being spotted. 12. Nothing builds up beginners confidence better than coming to one of our periodic Heel-Meets - See all the threads and reports on "Real Life Meetings". Good luck, Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Another point to realise, is that by taking measures to hide shoes, eg Over-long trousers and muffled heels you are just postponing the tabling of the issue rather like not telling partner or family about it. By wearing them openly you are getting the people in your area used to the concept, which means less chance of reaction in the future. People are going to find out sooner or later and you'll have a far easier ride should your revalation come about via honest display rather than furtive and inadvertant exposure.

i agree. although i am as bold as i want to be away from home, the facts are hidden from the people close to me with the exception of jade. i would say though that geting noticed has not yet given me a buzz, rather just wishing my levels of attention attracting are like that of normal female wearers now, where they can go about their normal life and work, clubbing etc in their heels and noone even bothers of the unusuality. i know its unlikely to happen, but i fould be much more comfortable and im sure a few people will agree too. Women have a big advantage on this one!

You guys who have wives who don't mind being with you when you are streetheeling are *so* lucky. It's been three years since my wife became aware of my interest and she shows no signs of changing her views on the subject - not even slightly :-( Zathrus

Heelfan is certainly right about attitude,a couple of times i've been out and at first i'd not act confident and people do tend to notice this plus, because there is no confidece you feel as though everyone has noticed.Like Daz i tend to street heel away from home territory,if you don't now anyone you've less to worry about.The problem with close relatives and neighbours is that they find it hard to accept as ok. One other thing though is that i like to wear heels.I don't do it to get a buzz,it just feels so natural to wear them and i want to wear them!!!!!!!

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Attracting attention is part of the style. If my heels aren't noisy enough, I screw hardened steel screws on the wear points to make them louder.

If you're really wanting to attract attention, why not just duct-tape a couple of rubber duckies to the heels and march on?

Bright yellow, and squeaky as all get out.

Every step!

Another point to realise, is that by taking measures to hide shoes, eg Over-long trousers and muffled heels you are just postponing the tabling of the issue rather like not telling partner or family about it.

I strongly disagree, and would like to draw your attention to the difference between "hiding" and simply being non-descriptive.

If one is attempting to "hide" their heels, they really don't want others to recognize the fact that they're in heels.

Some do that with very long pants. Others by wearing very non-descript heels (like 2 inches or less, chunk).

I wear the heels seen in my avatar to the left more than 80% of the time when I'm out on the town after work. At 4 inches, they're certainly not non-descript! Although my pants legs are long, they're not hidden, as the heel is revealed with each step, when sitting down, sitting on a bar stool, etc.

My wife and family (hers and mine) knows about it, as does pretty much everyone with a pair of eyes who happens to be looking anywhere near my feet when I'm walking around Vegas after hours.

I really don't know why, but there's this thought running rampant on this board that seems to believe that "if you're not flaunting it with pink 6-inch thigh-highs, you're not really a heel-wearer."

In the venerable words of Colonel Sherman Potter, "Horsehockey!"

Please think for a moment - when's the last time you found a pair of 4" stilleto boots in the men's section of a printed catalog?

Answer - never.

This and the avatar to the left undeniably qualifies what I wear as a pair of "high heels."

How I choose to wear them is my business - no one else's. If I choose to hide them beneath a long pair of pants because I fear comments from passersby, that's my business. If I choose to wear them with normal-length trousers because I could care less who's watching, that's my business. If I choose to wear them with a leather mini-skirt and shaven legs, that's my business! (I don't, but had to include the last to establish the breadth of my point).

And more to my point - it doesn't matter what or how an individual chooses to wear. Any attempt to influence their choice is prima facia evidence of being as prejudiced as anyone else regarding what wear is appropriate, and what's not.

My personal religious convictions tell me there should be some sense of decorum, such as no nudity. Therefore, I'll never advocate crossing these boundaries, and will always respond to the negative when someone proposes otherwise.

Quite frankly, I believe these are the same measures of decorum endorsed by the moderators and webhosts of this board in their posting rules!

Beyond that, have at it.

And stop harping on people for being who they are, wearing what they choose to wear, when they choose to wear it!

If it's a pair of 6-inch pink leather thigh-highs, go for it!

But don't expect others to jump on your bandwagon.

If it's a pair of 1-1/2 inch kitten heel slides - fine! Have fun.

But others might like wearing something a bit higher.

Or lower.

Remember - it's there choice, not yours.

If it's a pair of 4-inch leather tapered heel ankle boots, terrific!

If it's a pair of block-heeled 1.5 inch boots, so be it.

If it's a pair of 9-inch boots atop at 4-inch platform thigh-highs...

I think you get the idea.

I think the root of the problem here is that some have been advocating what works best for them, wheras others have been advocating what works best for humankind.

Personal preference is not a science - it's a choice. Societal preference, and acceptance, on the other hand, is not a choice - it's a science based upon a large number of personal choices.

Historically, when those choices deviated too far from the societal norm, backlashes occurred, which hindered (at best) or obliterated (at worst), the efforts of those who deviated.

Bottom line - you don't operate in a vaccuum, people. If you "flaunt it all you want" you will]/i] negatively impact the majority of us who wish to wear our heels without society bringing the hammer down.

That's a fact of life. It's been proven many times over throughout history. Be patient, and you'll receive your just reward. Go ballistic, and it'll backfire, not only on your, but on all of us, as well.

This isn't rocket science, people - it's basic history/anthropology/psychology 101. If you can't get it, we all lose.

If you bend to and work "within the system," we all win.

It takes patience.

It takes time.

If you have neither, please limit your heel-wearing away from modern society so your flings don't spoil everything the vast majority of us have worked very hard to attain.

Widespread acceptance.

Thank you in advance for your understanding.

And although I may suggest that it's my personal belief that a conservative approach is, historically, and anthropologically, the best way to engender widespread support for a controvertial practice, I will never tell anyone they shouldn't stray beyond those boundaries!

I sincerely hope the rest of us on this board can reach similar conclusions about freedoms, propriety, acceptance, and tolerance (much as I hate the last word, it does have it's place in our society).

Well, don't just stand there - bring on the rebuttals!

I think gene's analysis is correct. I, for one, don't have any rebuttal to offer. Like he said "it's my business." It's not complicated even though the subject of men wearing heels in public is greatly complicated by local geographical societal factors and physiological makeup of the person that wants to wear them.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

>Personal preference is not a science - it's a choice. Societal preference, and acceptance, on the other hand, is not a choice - it's a science based upon a large number of personal choices.

>Historically, when those choices deviated too far from the societal norm, backlashes occurred, which hindered (at best) or obliterated (at worst), the efforts of those who deviated.

>Bottom line - you don't operate in a vaccuum, people. If you "flaunt it all you want" you will]/i] negatively impact the majority of us who wish to wear our heels without society bringing the hammer down.

>That's a fact of life. It's been proven many times over throughout history. Be patient, and you'll receive your just reward. Go ballistic, and it'll backfire, not only on your, but on all of us, as well.

>This isn't rocket science, people - it's basic history/anthropology/psychology 101. If you can't get it, we all lose.

>If you bend to and work "within the system," we all win.

I can't speak for anthropology or psychology but I can tell you that history does not teach us that "working within the system" necessarily results in every one winning.

The American Revolutionary war was fought in part because the founding fathers were tired of trying to work within the system. Result: Americans 1 British -1

The appeasment of Nazi Germany by the British and the French was done to work within the diplomatic system and avoid another debilitating war

End Result: Nazi Germany breaks one more promise, Europe suffers a debilitating war

For decades, many antislavery activists in the USA tried to work within the system, while others engaged in civil disobedience viz. the Underground Railroad. Result: Licoln gets elected and the southern states attempt to pull out of the union.

Women got the vote in the USA largely because a number of activists made a big fuss. (And rightly so)

In the end, although I have to largely agree that small incremental changes can lead to the desired result for people as a whole there is nevertheless also a place for people who push the boundaries.

>It takes patience.

>It takes time.

>If you have neither, please limit your heel-wearing away from modern society so your flings don't spoil everything the vast majority of us have worked very hard to attain.

Do you think we haven't work hard to attain our present level of flamboyance? I put it to you that the majority of men on this board have done a lot of soul searching and put a lot of thought into the whole issue of heel wearing.

Put another way, do you really think think that Ed Wood, RuPaul, even Dennis Rodman have really pushed back our cause that much? Have films like "Too Wong Foo", "Priscilla" and "Rocky Horror" really been more of a hinderance than a help? I put it to you that in the end all of the items I've just listed have helped more than they've hurt.

>Widespread acceptance.

>Thank you in advance for your understanding.

>And although I may suggest that it's my personal belief that a conservative approach is, historically, and anthropologically, the best way to engender widespread support for a controvertial practice, I will never tell anyone they shouldn't stray beyond those boundaries!

Some of the above comments indicate that you think we shouldn't e.g "please limit your heel-wearing away from modern society so your flings don't spoil everything the vast majority of us have worked very hard to attain." Please clarify.

>I sincerely hope the rest of us on this board can reach similar conclusions about freedoms, propriety, acceptance, and tolerance (much as I hate the last word, it does have it's place in our society).

I do agree that we should refrain from pushing people into doing something that they don't want to do, and I hope that I've not been guilty of that particular offence on this board. However, a lot of people indicate that they would like to dress more flamboyantly and are just nervous about doing it. To those people, I say: "I often feel the same way, but on some occasions I overcome that feeling, and when I do, I found out that it really is not so bad for the most part and in fact is quite enjoyable. Also, the more often I do it in a short period of time, the easier it gets. In my experience, most people do not especially care, even when they notice; and people can be most unobservant at times."

Saying that, I've always lived in places that tend to be socially liberal.

the truth shall make you fret