Thighboot Club - A Tall Story

I belong to a club of folks that wear thigh high boots.  That should set the tone for this story.  Some of our folks like low heeled boots while others prefer really high stilettos and everything in between.  We have both gals and guys that like low and high heels, we have a surprising number of guys that wear high heels (and wear them well).  We try not to have too many rules, other than you have to wear your boots, and nobody has to anything they don't want to do.

We normally get together at a friendly bar out in the suburbs.  The owner is a boot wearer and likes the fact that we fill the place once a month and nobody breaks the glasses.  Other than a lot of dancing, we are generally a nice bunch of people to be around.  The owner doesn't close the place for our meetings but the non boot wearers are greatly outnumbered after we take over the place.  After a  while word got around and we generally have to place to ourselves, but there is generally a extra pair of gal's boots around in case someone wants to join in.

Another thing we don't worry about is what folks wear.  Aside from thigh boots, the only other requirement is that you wear something.  Lots of folks show off their boots by wearing shorts or short skirts, but others show them off over jeans or slacks.  One of the most popular items recently has been leggings or slacks that are tight enough to be leggings.  We also don't care who wears what.  Guys in skirts and gals in jeans are all welcome.  A lot of folks call this "freestyling".   There is a lot of interchange of style ideas and constructive criticism which is generally taken in the good spirit in which it is offered.  The traditional icebreaker for these conversations is, "I really like your boots...".

Like I said, we don't worry about anyone cross dressing.  We have a couple of guys that come completely as a gal and do it extremely well, which has led to some interesting evenings.  Some of our guys come as a guy but wearing a skirt.  We even had a gal come wearing a guys business suit.  I think she was just trying to make a point, but the suit looked great with her boots.  One of these evenings we are going to have a fashion show/contest of some sort.  It will be interesting to see our gals trying to outdo our CD guys.

Most of our folks aren't into cross dressing rather they work their outfits around their boots so that the whole thing fits together.  Some of our gals do this really well and generally get a lot of complements on their creation.  We also have a guy that wears heavy duty boots designed for motorcycle wear and we had one sole that wore fishing waders, but that only happened once.

Some of our folks play musical instruments and we sometimes pull together a band and someone might even jump in as a vocalist.  They don't always sound great but they do look good.  On special occasions we have a DJ and often have to lend him/her a pair of boots so they will fit into the evening.

Many of our folks wear their boots out in public while others are still a little shy and only venture out to our meetings.  Occasionally we organize a "field trip" and try to get as many folks to participate as we can, but nobody has to do anything they don't want to do.  We recently went to a local museum.  The staff was a little surprised to see out gang, all wearing thigh boots, walking in the front door, but they were glad to have a nice group coming to their museum.  Some of the other museum patrons gave us more than a second look and some even asked what our group was.  I think we even picked up a new member as a result of that visit.

One of the fun things we did at a meeting was to invite a guy that shines shoes at a local shoe repair shop.  We didn't make him wear boots, but we gave him all the business he could handle that evening and I must say there were an awful lot of really good looking boots at the end of the evening.   I think out members tipped well so he was quite happy at the end of the evening.

I don't recall a time we have gotten together that we have not had a blast.  If your ever in the area when we get together, and you have a pair of thigh boots on, you're welcome to  stop in and strut your stuff.

• Like 2

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Thighboot Club Meeting Minutes

Since these are the first published minutes of our club's meeting, let me offer a few notes on how the meeting is conducted.

By tradition the member wearing the highest boots runs the meeting.  This idea has served us well since anyone wearing really tall boots seems to have an outgoing personality which helps when conducting a meeting, and really tall boots tend to be an attention getting device, even in our crowd, and having the groups attention also helps when you're trying to "herd cats", as our meetings have been described.

Call to Order:  Carol stood up, wearing her crotch high black leather boots with 5½" stiletto heels, and told everyone to shut up and sit down.  There was little argument as Carol presents a rather commanding figure.  Everyone had their drinks so there was  little grumbling.  Carol placed her foot on the hair, leaned forward, and called out, "Ok booties, let get this started"  She called for the treasurers report.

Treasurers Report:  Betty, wearing a pair of silver boots over black leggings, looked in her purse, also silver, and reported that she still had the $3.28 a group of patrons at a Bob Evans gave us as a tip for providing a unique dining experience when a bunch of us showed up there for dinner a few weeks ago.  We had no expenses since $3.28 wouldn't by much and no other income.  The report was accepted with a round of "Here here" and "Great boots"

Carol stood up and stomped her foot to regain some semblance of order  and called for old business.

Old Business:  Bill stood up, wearing nice black boots with 4" block heels, and asked where his beer was.  He figures since he had ordered it 10 minutes ago it was old business.  Carol invited him to sit down and shut up but not before several others had offered similar comments and their "Nice boots" comments.  Jim, who owns the place said he would tals care of the problems.

Carol called for new business by asking, "Do any more of you crazies have anything to say before the band starts?"

New Business:  Bill, wearing black boots with 3"platform and 7" heels, wanted to know if we would consider picking the meeting leader based on highest heels rather than highest boots.  Several members, one wearing ballet boots, noted that Bill might have an advantage and suggested subtracting platform height from the heel height when determining the highest heel, but others said that anyone nuts enough to wear high platformed boots would probably be qualified to run the meeting.  After much discussion and several "Nice boots" comments, and another round of drinks, it was decided to alternate boots height and heel height as the criteria for selecting the meeting leader.  Boot height on even numbered months and heel height on odd numbered months.  The only additional requirement for the leader on odd months was that he/she must be able to stand up to start the meeting.

Carol asked if there was anything else, and before anyone could say anything else, then queued the band to start.  Tim, one of our most convincing cross dressers wearing black pul on boots with a 4" stiletto heel, grabbed Bill and started dancing.  Tim said, "I just want to see if he can move on those platforms."  Most agreed they made a striking couple.

The band was decent.  There were a couple of gals in the group and they wore boots but the guys didn't and actually looked out of place.  

By the end of the meeting everyone agreed it was a good meeting.

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Your story reminds me of a social club that I have attended on occasion, outskirts of Chicago (USA).  We had a heel meet last year and I met a few members of High Heel Place.  Here you can wear your boots, cross dress or whatever you fancy, while enjoying a few drinks in a nice social party atmosphere.  I've received several "I like your boots" compliments from guests, even a few ladies.  People who are regular attendees at these parties are accepting of a man in heels.

Thighbootguy, I enjoyed reading your post.

Thighboot Club Makeover Party

A few months back Carol (black crotch high boots and suspected of owning whip) thought it would be fun to have a makeover party where we brought out the feminism side of some of the guys, and the male side of some of the gals.  Our cross dressers thought this was a great idea and most of the others thought it might be fun. 

Carol, in her own forceful style, organized things.  She had the gals bring their makeup kits and an extra bra, anyone that had extra wigs were to bring them.  The guys were told to bring an extra shirt and suit jacketor sweater and to wear heels.  To everyone's surprise, except Carol's, who knew people would cooperate, there was a surprising amount of stuff available for the makeovers.  I was surprised at how many wigs some of our CD members had.  Keep in mind that everyone already was wearing thigh boots.

To get the evening started Tim (pull on thigh boots with 4" stilettos), one of our better CDers, gave a short talk on "Feeling Girley".  He suggested several things a guy  could do including:

• Wearing Women's clothing: tops, shirts, pants, boots, carry a bag
  • Use the power of scent: musk perfume
  • Wear Makeup: clear mascara, clear lip gloss, clear fingernail polish
  • Wearing Women's undergarments: panties, thong, bra

Tim said that the further you push any of these areas the more fermium you felt.

Carol, not to be outdone, said gals could feels butch by doing just the opposite of what Tim suggested including:

• Wearing Men's clothing
  • Wearing cologne
  • Not wearing makeup
  • Not wearing a bra

The activities started in our standard organized manner, which meant drinks were served and there was no order at all.  The gals tried on the guy shirts and suit coats, and made the cloths look better than the guys ever did.  Mary (grey suede boots with 4" heels and black leggings) looked striking in a white shirt and tie with a charcoal gray blazer.  Everyone thought she looked great but she still looked like a gal, a point about which none complained.  Then the gals turned their attention to making over the guys, which they did with great enthusiasm.

Carol made sure each guy tried on a bra.  No one argues with Carol.  She said it made the makeup look better, but it also made being "made up" the least embarrassing thing that happened to the guys.  After Carol was happy with her efforts, the rest of the gals kind of tag teamed on the guys.  One did mascara, another one did foundation, someone else did lipstick.  It was sort of makeover by committee but, when the power cloud settled, the results were surprisingly good.  The wigs were the topping glory that really completed the images.  All of a sudden we had a room full of gals all wearing thigh boots.  Our real gals wearing dress shirts and suit coats still looked like gals because they left their makeup on.  I must say it as an impressive sight.  We all posed for a group picture, then the evening degenerated into discussions about which guy looked best, more drinks,  and the gals continuing to make "improvements" in the makeup  If any guy offered a complaint, the gals were quick to remind them that they wore this all the time.

We had a contest for best/worst makeover. The prize was for the guy and gal winners to serve a round of drinks to their opposites and keeping the tips.  Mary (grey suede boots with 4" heels and black leggings) won for the gals.  Tim (pull on thigh boots with 4" stilettos) is one of our better CDers, disqualified himself as did Bob (black OTK boots 3" stilettos), who is also a CDer.  The guy prize went to Jerry (white leather boots with a side zipper and 5" stilettos with black jeans), who is 6'1" without heels. His makeup looked good but the final touch of false eyelashes one of the gals put on him made him the clear winner.  He made sure he batted them while he served the drinks.  I think the real gals were the better tippers.

As the evening wound down the gals returned their suit jackets, the guys said they could have the shirts if they wanted them and most of the gals kept them.  The guys returned the bras and the few that wanted to keep them were allowed to if they kept wearing them.  Our CDers did want their wigs back but most of the makeup stayed on. 

As far as I could tell, and from all repots, everyone had a good time, especially the gals who really seemed to enjoy introducing the guys to "the gals world".  The guys seemed to enjoy being in that world too, at least for a little while.  The general consensus was this was a "fun once" event but should not be a regularly scheduled event.

• Like 1

Amazing how many think this is for real. The title of the thread should have been the first clue.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

• 2 weeks later...

Thighboot Club Christmas Party

A little while ago Tim (pull on thigh boots with 4" stilettos), suggested we have a Christmas party.  This suggestion was met with great approval because: it sounded like fun, and it didn't sound like much work for anyone.  Jerry ( black boots with 4" block heels and ankle zipper), who owns the bar, said he would have up some decorations but if anyone wanted to bring anything it would be fine with him.  Carol (black crotch high boots and suspected of owning whip) set to organizing things.  Now organization of this group is an oxymoron, but nobody argues with Carol and she generally knows how to set things up so everyone has a good time.

On the big night we had a couple of thigh booted Santas:  Jerry ( black boots with 4" block heels and ankle zipper) and Bob (Red thigh boots with 4" stilettos) were both wearing Santa suits an big white beards.  Mary (grey suede boots with 4" heels and white leggings) came as a Mrs. Clause while  Bill (black boots with 4" block heels, Betty(silver boots with 5" stilettos over red leggings) and Sally (red thigh boots with 4" stilettos over black leggings) came as elves.  Sally even had the pointy ears.

Carol (black crotch high boots and suspected of owning whip) Carol (black crotch high boots and suspected of owning whip)wore an all red body suit with a wide black belt but the real inspiration was the mistletoe she had tucked in the top of each of her boots.  Here clear intention was that she wanted some action under the mistletoe.  I know Bob (black OTK boots 3" stilettos) took up the challenge and I think a few others did to.

We did have a small gift exchange and In my humble opining the most creative gift was a gift certificate from a local cobbler for a pair of heel tip replacements.  Another good one was the collection of shoe polishes in different colors.

Some folks brought poinsettias to add to Jerry's ( black boots with 4" block heels and ankle zipper) efforts at decorating the bar (with a plastic tree and wreath) .  Jerry insisted they go into the gift pool (so he wouldn't have to worry about keeping them watered).  The best decoration was brought by Jill (green thigh boots with 5" stilettos), and she hung it on the tree without fanfare and waited for it to be discovered.  Here is a picture:

post-530-0-22694400-1417967256_thumb.jpg

After several rounds of drinks, Carol (black crotch high boots and suspected of owning whip) noticed the ornament and congratulated Jerry on his good taste.  Jerry, being accused of having good taste, was something that caught him completely off guard, insisted he hadn't put it there.  Jill (green thigh boots with 5" stilettos) finally fessed up to bringing the ornament and Jerry, still taken back by the good taste accusation, gave her free drinks for the rest of the evening.

There was a picture with Santa event, and since we had three Santas, counting Mary (grey suede boots with 4" heels and white leggings) as Mrs. Clause, it took a little while.  Everyone had their own cameras and they would hand it to the next person in line to take the picture.  This worked well except a lot of the folks couldn't resist taking selfies and boot pictures with some else's camera, but in the end everyone got at least one Santa picture, some got all three.

Folks also took the opportunity to tell Santa what they wanted for Christmas.  Most wanted more boots but Carol (black crotch high boots and suspected of owning whip) wanted the whip lke the one Santa used to drive his sleigh and a few other things that will go unmentioned in this public forum.

By the end of the evening everyone was in a jolly mood and departed wishing everyone else a "Happy Holiday".

Amazing how many think this is for real. The title of the thread should have been the first clue.

Indeed. I suppose my post didn't help much either! LOL

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 3 months later...

Easter Parade

Our local merchants thought it would be a good idea to revise the historic Easter Parade to stimulate sales of Spring clothing.  Years ago we had one of these parades and back then it was quite a popular event.  Folks came out in their finest attire  to watch and participate in the parade.

The local town council, made up mostly of the local merchants, also thought this would be a good public spirited event.  They did want the major participants in the parade to fill out a registration form just because it wouldn't be a council sponsored event if somebody didn't have to fill out a form.

At the last meeting of the Thigh Boot Club, Jerry ( black boots with 4" block heels and ankle zipper) had heard about the parade and suggested that the TBC should participate.  After all what is more fitting in Spring styling than thigh boots?  This generated a good bit of discussion, first about being in the parade, and then about Thigh boots as a Spring fashion.  Everyone agreed that thigh boots worn with shorts or a short skirt made a great Spring fashion statement.  Jerry mentioned the registration form which prompted Carol (black crotch high boots and suspected of owning whip),

in a condescending way, to say, "This is going to be fun".  Apparently she knows some of the city council members, and they know her.  Carol said she would take care of the registration form and I think most of us secretly felt sorry for the City council.

Bill (black boots with 4" block heels) suggested that we have a float in the parade, something like a huge stiletto heel pump on wheels.  After a moments discussion this sounded like a lot of work that nobody wanted to do so we decided to just walk as a group and show off our Spring fashions.

Mary (grey suede boots with 4" heels and white leggings) and Betty(silver boots with 5" stilettos over red leggings) said they had skirt and vest combinations that looked great with their boots.  Sally (red thigh boots with 4" stilettos over black leggings),  Jill (green thigh boots with 5" stilettos), and Kim(black OTK boots with 4" stilettos) reminded us of the Easter bonnet tradition and each said they had one and thought it would be fun to wear.

On the day of the parade we all gathered near the local fire house, where the parade was starting.  Our chief of police was there in his dress uniform (he was wearing a tie) and took one look at us and loudly asked, "What the hell do you think you clowns are doing"?

Carol said, "We're marching in the parade".

As he was yelling "The hell you are..." Carol showed him the registration form and the permit.  He stormed off snarling "Let's see what the mayor has to say about this!"  He didn't know that Carol had already, in her own way, convinced the mayor to let us walk in the parade.

The parade led off with the fire department showing off their latest (only) pumper truck, followed by the high school marching band.  Next came the local Order of the Elks with husbands and wives in their Easter finest.  The mayor and chief of police were in a convertible waving to the crowd.  There was a float with the song Easter Parade buzzing from a loud speaker.  Then came the TBC.

Jerry ( black boots with 4" block heels and ankle zipper) and  Bob (black OTK boots 3" stilettos) lead off wearing dark suits with ties.  The outfits really did look sharp with their boots.   Sally (red thigh boots with 4" stilettos over black leggings),  Jill (green thigh boots with 5" stilettos), and Kim (black OTK boots with 4" stilettos) were next wearing the fanciest flowered hats I have ever seen and paired with short but tasteful dresses that didn't hide their boots. 

We were concerned what Tim (pull on thigh boots with 4" stilettos Cross Dresser) was going to wear but he managed a fairly neutral outfit  built around tight jeans and a sports coat.

Carol (black crotch high boots and suspected of owning whip) stole the show in a fancy black riding dress.  She needed the riding dress because she had managed to come up with a horse, which she was riding.  She later said it was the only way she could justify carrying her whip.

At first the crowd didn't know what to think.  There was a little laughter but that broke into applause which was answered with some polite curtsies and bows from the TBC members.  Then Carol cracked her whip.  There was stunned silence then someone in the crowd yelled out, "Ride'm cowgirl".  That broke the spell and the crowd erupted into applause.  The chief of police twisted around in back seat of the convertible to see what all the cheering was about and his face got redder and redder.

I don't know if we will get any new members because of the parade, or if there will be a parade next year, even though Carol can be very persuasive.  Someone did notice that the police chief's son was watching us with real interest.

After the parade we all went to  Jerry's ( black boots with 4" block heels and ankle zipper) bar where we have our meetings and celebrated with drinks all around.

• 1 month later...

Career Opportunities at TBC

With all the preparation for the Easter Parade, I almost forgot to mention the St. Pattie's day meeting.  Everyone manages to wear something green but Jill (green thigh boots with 5" stilettos) stole the show.  It seems no one else had a green pair of boots.  Needless to say, she didn't have to by a drink that night, and there were plenty of drinks to go around.  Jerry ( black boots with 4" block heels and ankle zipper) , who owns the meeting place, had lots of green beer on tap to go along with (or be the cause of) all the Irish tunes that Mary (grey suede boots with 4" heels and green leggings) and  Bill (black boots with 4" block heels) were singing.

Not to sound too cliché, but as stranger walked into the bar; at least he was not a regular patron and not a member of the TBC.  He seemed a pleasant enough chap and not at all put off or surprised at all the folks wearing thigh boots.  In fact he seemed rather happy to be in our company.   He was immediately accepted as a good guy when he bought a round of drinks for everyone wearing thigh boots.

He said he was a TV producer and was met with a skeptical, "Yeah right" chorus from most of the members, but he insisted that he was.  He said he had heard about our club and was looking for gal that liked wearing thigh boots, which was met with a chorus of, "Yeah sure, who isn't".  He said he could hire any actor and put them in boots but he wanted someone that really was comfortable wearing them.  He said it you could see the difference in the way the person acted.  People started giving him the benefit of the doubt, especially when he bought the second round.

It seemed he needed a gal to play the part of a dominatrix that would have to crack a whip in the scene.   He said she didn't have to know how to use a whip, that they had a professional wrangler that would teach her.  Most of our gals were cool to the idea of playing a dominatrix except Carol (black crotch high boots and suspected of owning whip), who told him to keep talking.  He insisted this was a G rated (or at worst PG) scene and if anyone was interested he could have the trainer available immediately.  Carol said she didn't need a trainer and that she was interested.  We all hoped that he had some idea of what he was getting into.  He and Carol went off into a corner and chatted for a while before he left.  We didn't think any more about it except that things must have gone well, because he left under his own power, and he bought another round of drinks before leaving.

The rest of the evening was full of the typical frolicking and Tim (pull on thigh boots with 4" stilettos very nicely cross dressed) insisting he looked hotter than Betty(silver boots with 5" stilettos over red leggings) or  Sally (red thigh boots with 4" stilettos over black leggings).  This claim caused a good natured vote, but not before the three contestants showed their stuff.  It was close, but Tim actually won the vote.  Jerry ( black boots with 4" block heels and ankle zipper) bought him a round on the house.

Normally Jerry doesn't like having shoes on his bar but he made an exception for Sally (red thigh boots with 4" stilettos over black leggings) who sat on a barstool and propped her feet up on the bar.  We all admired her ability (and stability) after all the drinks that had be served but we all thought it was a great show.

A few days later we heard that Carol (black crotch high boots and suspected of owning whip) had gotten the TV job and had made a commercial.  Jerry ( black boots with 4" block heels and ankle zipper) recorded it on a video tape and has it available for everyone that wants to see it.   

Carol's Commercial

You sound like the Garrison Keillor of thigh boots!

That is extremely high and undeserved praise,,, but thanks just the same. :beers:     But then Garrison wears red sneakers so maybe there is some room for a thigh booted story teller. :penitent:

Sincerely meant. I like your narrative style.

Yes, he does go with those trademark red sneakers. I'd say you definitely have a clear field.

I'm working on a novel myself, but I am more partial to chunky heeled suede OTK bootsf. Maybe one day that can be my trademark style at book signings....

• 4 weeks later...

A Polished Evening

Spring has arrived but the temperatures are still cool enough that long sleeves are in style.  It is also still cool enough that most of the Thigh Boot Club members are wearing their boots out and about but often with shorts.  This seems to be a real popular look among the TBC members who really do like to show off their footwear.

Winter seems to have taken its toll on most of the boots.  There is still evidence of some salt stains and a little bit of mud on some of the heels.  For most of our members, their boots are just another pair of shoes that may not get all the tender loving care that they need.  At out last meeting, Tim (pull on thigh boots with 4" stilettos and a cross dresser), noticed the sad state of most of the boots and suggested that we invite a professional shoe care specialist (shoe shine guy) to out next meeting.  Mary (grey suede boots with 4" heels and white leggings), who really does take good care of her boots,  looked around the room and said that she thought it would be an excellent idea.  She said she knew just the guy to invite and that she would take care of it.  Fortunately most of the TBC members wear leather boots, Betty(silver boots with 5" stilettos over red leggings) being the exception, so we advised Mary to have her guest be ready for black red and green boots.

At the next meeting Mary (grey suede boots with 4" heels and white leggings) came in with Jack (black lace up knee high boots with 5" block heels, professional shoe care specialist) and he had his shoe shining kit with him.  One interesting item was an electric buffer.  It was similar to the kind of buffer you would use to polish a car but it was much smaller.  Jack took one look around the room and saw the sorry state of the footwear and just shook his head.  Jerry ( black boots with 4" block heels and ankle zipper, the club owner) brought him a drink because, according to Jerry, he looked like he needed it.

The first order of business was drinks all around and a little dancing then one by one folks headed over to the table where Jack had set up his stuff.  Jerry had set up a stout table and put a chair on the top so Jack would have an easier time of it and to provide a better show.

The first person the head over was Carol (black crotch high boots and suspected of owning whip).  She gracefully got up onto the table, seated herself, and stuck out a leg in Jack's direction.  We all hoped Jack had some idea of what he was in for.  He took his time and carefully cleaned each boot with a brush.  We suspect Carol has guys cleaning her boots with techniques other than a brush, but that's another story.  Jack then started applying the polish all the way up each boot and he inserted a piece of cardboard into the top of the boot he was polishing to prevent the polish from getting onto Carol.  I think everyone was watching Jack work and thought the cardboard was an excellent idea considering what might happen had he not used it.

The next step was using the polisher.  It was apparent Jack had done this before and he slowly worked from the toe to the top of each boot leaving a glistening black finish in his wake.  To everyone relief Carol looked really pleased with the results.   She stood up and said, "Ok, the rest of you shabby characters get up here."

Tim (pull on thigh boots with 4" stilettos and a cross dresser) was next although the short skirt he was wearing made sitting on a chair on top of a table an interesting activity.  He managed it and preserved some modesty.  When Jack finished, Tim's boots looked good, but not as good as Carol's (Jack was no dummy).

Jerry ( black boots with 4" block heels and ankle zipper, the club owner) and Bill (black boots with 4" block heels) were next and Jack commented that he had not expected s many guys to be sporting thigh boots, but that he really liked the look and figured he'd have to get a pair.  He asked if there were any other black boots and Kim(black OTK boots with 4" stilettos) stepped up.  When he had finished with Kim he called out, "Ok, red boots next".  Sally (red thigh boots with 4" stilettos over black leggings)came up and he changed the black buffer for a red one and went to work.  The last person was Jill (green thigh boots with 5" stilettos) and he made the change from the red buffer to a new clean one.  He said this was the first pair of green boots he had worked on.

By the end of the evening The members of the TBC looked really great.  Jerry ( black boots with 4" block heels and ankle zipper, the club owner) was so inspired he provided drinks all around.  We had not figured out what to pay Jack for his services.  We wound up taking up a collection (after Jerry's round of drinks) and when Jack left, he looked very happy and offered to come back.

With Summer on the way we are going to have to come up with a cool activity for the members.  Someone suggested a pool party, but knowing this crew, I'm worried that that much water would ruin a lot of good looking boots.  I'm sure we will come up with something.

• 3 weeks later...

Spring Picnic

Spring has spring

The grass grows far

It's time to show

Where the thigh boots are.

Oh well, poetry was never my strong suite.  At out last meeting Jerry ( black boots with 4" block heels and ankle zipper, the club owner)  suggested we have a picnic meeting at a local park.  He said there is are several shelter houses with picnic tables and grills so that we would be in the shade and dry is it rained.  There was no thought of not having the picnic if it rained.  Everyone thought it sounded like a good idea, and to my utter surprise, agreed on a date and time.  Jerry said he would take care of the shelter house reservation.

Well the big day came and the weather was perfect.  There were fluffy (cumulus and alto cirrus for the technically inclined) clouds with no hint of rain.  The temperature was in the low 70s (24C) which was just perfect for wearing thigh boots.

The picnic shelter was in the middle of the park and there were several others close by, a couple of which had picnickers.  I really did hope our crew would be on their best behavior for this rather public meeting of the Thigh Boot Club.

Jerry (black boots with 4" block heels and ankle zipper, the club owner)  was the first to arrive wearing shorts and a T-shirt with "You can step high in heels" printed on the back and a stiletto pump on the front.  He set up the cooler and a bag of charcoal to establish ownership of the shelter.   Tim (pull on thigh boots with 4" stilettos and a cross dresser)  was next to arrive wearing white satin blouse and a denim mini skirt and helped Jerry set things up.

A couple of the gals, Betty(silver boots with 5" stilettos over red leggings) and Sally (red thigh boots with 4" stilettos over black leggings) were next to arrive.  Both were wearing white shorts that really made their leggings and boots look great.  Each had a bag of food.  Surprisingly (not really for this group),  no one had bothered to organize a menu  so a lunch of pickles and bananas was a real possibility.  Bill (black boots with 4" block heels) was next, also wearing shorts and carrying a bag of food.  He helped Jerry get the grill going because he had brought hotdogs,  mets, buns and the fixings.  The menu was looking decidedly better especially because the gals had brought some salad fixings.

Now that we had a small crowd and were creating a little smoke from the grill, the folks at the other shelters started to notice our crew and how they were attired.  A couple of folks were seen pointing in our direction and the parents of some of the kids kind of ushered the kids to the side of their shelter that was farthest away from us.

About this time Carol (black crotch high boots and suspected of owning whip) made her entrance wearing white skinny jeans and flats.  This caused quite a stir in our little group.  She also had a large box with her and placed it on one of the tables.  She then spread a large white towel on the table and called Tim (pull on thigh boots with 4" stilettos and a cross dresser wearing a mini skirt) over to assist her.   He opened the box and pulled out a new pair of black leather D-ring lace up boots with 5½" stiletto heels and she told him to get busy.   Thoughts of food evaporated for everyone's mind as Tim started lacing the boots.

Bob (black OTK boots 3" stilettos) wearing jeans and a dress shirt (always the formal sort),  Mary (grey suede boots with 4" heels and white leggings) wearing red shorts and a red top, and Bill (black boots with 4" block heels) wearing denim shorts and a T-shirt were next to arrive and took in the scene Carol had created but seemed more interested in getting something going on the grill.  Somewhere between them a big bowl of potato salad along with some plates and eating utensils appeared.

Jill (green thigh boots with 5" stilettos) wearing green shorts that matched her boots and Kim (black OTK boots with 4" stilettos) wearing black shorts were last to arrive.  Kim brought a guitar and treated us to some very nice playing and singing.  We will be encouraging her to bring the guitar to our regular meetings.  Jill, to our amusement, brought five large cloth sacks and said we weren't going to get by with not having a sack race.

About this time Tim had finished with one of Carols lace up boots and Bob (black OTK boots 3" stilettos) volunteered to do the other one.  Carol said that was Ok and hoped he was a little faster than Tim had been.  Considering how flustered Tim was at having to lace up the boots, anything would be faster.  As Bob got passed Carol's knee the rest of the gang started chanting, "Higher, Higher...".  Some of the folks in the other shelters were looking our way as Tim finished and Carol stood up on top of the table to show off her new boots.  It was a stunning sight and some of the guys in the other shelters got a jab in their ribs from their wives/girlfriends which broke their concentration.

Tim stated grilling the brats and mets and folks kind of queued up or food.  Being that this was a public park, there were no drinks other than sodas but to my surprise everyone still seemed to be having a good time (it must have been the free food).

After we had eaten, Jill picked up her five sacks and started handing them out.  The crew good naturedly paired off and headed out to the lawn beside the shelter.  I'm not sure this was Jill's beat idea but then she was wearing green so grass stains wouldn't show so maybe she had thought this out.  The other thing that made this potentially interesting were all the stiletto heels sinking into the soft lawn.  Jill got each of the pairs of thigh boot wearers  to put one leg into their sack. She then defined the course as being down to the water spigot and back.  The most interesting pairs were Carol (black crotch high D-ring lace up boots and suspected of owning whip) with Tim (pull on thigh boots with 4" stilettos and a cross dresser in a mini skirt) and Betty(silver boots with 5" stilettos over red leggings) and Sally (red thigh boots with 4" stilettos over black leggings) both wearing white shorts.

The race turned out to be anti-climatic.  All the contestants, being in high heels on soft ground, walked in coordination with their partners for the whole length of the course.  This was the first time I have ever seen any coordination out of this group so Jill gets points for team building.  No one fell so there were no grass stains or mud (remember the water spigot).  The only light casualty was that Tim (pull on thigh boots with 4" stilettos and a cross dresser in a mini skirt) almost collapsed from the nervousness caused by the thought of falling down with Carol (black crotch high D-ring lace up boots and suspected of owning whip) and the punishment that would result.

All in all everyone had a good time.  We cleaned up the shelter and as we were leaving waved a big goodbye to the folks in the other shelters.  This got a wave back from the guys but not so much from the gals.

Sorry,  "mets" was a typo, it should have been "metts". 

Brat is a shorthand for bratwurst, and mett is shorthand for mettwurst.  Both of these are popular in my part of the world (around Cincinnati Oh.).  The difference is well documented on the website What Is the Difference Between Bratwurst & Metts?.

In summary:  Bratts are made with both pork and veal and are typically mild in flavor, with spices such as ginger, nutmeg, and caraway. Metts are made with pork or sometimes beef and pork, and are highly seasoned with pepper and coriander. Metts are cured and smoked so you can eat them either raw or cooked.

For a short history of ballpark sausage in Cincinnati look at Rick Cooks Brats and Metts.

• 5 months later...

Election Day

November was fast approaching and the air waves were flooded with political ads about the relative merits of some politicians and the demerits of the same politicos offered by their opponents.  There didn't seem to be any issues that really affected the Thigh Boot Club community; nobody was wanting to "ban the boot", or impose any restrictions on the male or female community of folks that wear them so we were a little surprised when, at out last meeting, Carol (black crotch high boots and suspected of owning whip) told us that it was out duty to get out and vote.  There was a lot of "What for" grumblings, but Carol has a presence that is not normally argued with. Carol said we could make a day of it and we would (not might) have fun.

Jerry (black boots with 4" block heels and ankle zipper, the club owner) offered that he would open the place early for us and we could all meet and go to the poles together.   We all live is a relative small community, and most of the town folks know about (or have wildly exaggerated concepts about) the Thigh Boot Club and seem reasonable tolerant of our gang.  There are four neighborhood polling places and each of us voted in one of them.  The polls opened at 6:00 AM and by unanimous vote we decided that was too early for our outing but we did settle in on 9:00 AM as a good time to meet at the Club.

We decided we would all go to each of the polling places, not to vote early and often, but to offer support for the voting members.  We would also car pool so we didn't have to find more than two places to park.

The first stop was the poll in the Methodist church basement .  There were a few folks hanging around outside and we did get several chin dropping stares as we all piled out of the cars.  This was Tim's (pull on thigh boots with 4" stilettos and a cross dresser) and Bob's (black OTK boots 3" stilettos) polling place so they headed up the line as we went in.  Tim was in full CD mode with boots, skirt, and blouse and it was fun watching the poll workers face when he showed his ID and signed the register.  Bob didn't get anywhere near as much attention since Tim had gone first, and the rest of us were standing around in the background.  After they had voted, we all left the polling station with Tim and Bob sporting "I Voted" stickers on the top of their boots.

The next stop was the town hall which was Mary's (grey suede boots with 4" heels and white leggings), Jerry's (black boots with 4" block heels and ankle zipper, the club owner), and Carol's (black crotch high boots and suspected of owning whip) polling place.  We attracted attention again as we all got out of the cars and headed into the town hall.  This time the poll workers were the local election officials that had years of experience running the polls but they all stopped and watched Carol as she signed in (she has that effect on people).  One of the poll workers tried to heard us into line but we explained we were just here to make sure the others voted.  By the time someone got around to asking us to leave, Mary, Jerry, and Carol had voted and proudly affixed their "I Voted" stickers to their boots.  We all left together in a joyful (and maybe a noisy)mode.

The other two polling places; high school gym, and the Catholic church were much the same experience.  The high school was closed for election day so we didn't have an issue corrupting the young impressionable minds (or them corrupting ours).  Betty(silver boots with 5" stilettos over red leggings),  Sally (red thigh boots with 4" stilettos over black leggings), Jill (green thigh boots with 5" stilettos), and Kim(black OTK boots with 4" stilettos) all voted and got their stickers.  By the time we got to the last polling place I think word had spread that we were probably coming and we received a warm welcome.  All of us having "I Voted" stickers may have had something to do with the welcome since there wasn't a large turnout and the poll workers were glad to see anyone (even our gang).

After we had all voted we headed back to Jerry's (black boots with 4" block heels and ankle zipper, the club owner) where he bought a round of soft drinks as alcohol was banned while the polls were opened.  We had a good time recounting the looks on the poll worker's (and other voter's) faces and decided that the TBC had done its civic duty by voting and its moral duty by broadening others view of humanity.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Here is a bumper sticker we did not see on election day:

5644fe8b433c7_bumpersticker.jpg.3fe8f285

• 3 months later...

Winter Scene

The cold weather is upon us  which means it's a great time to wear thigh boots, not that we can't find a good excuse any other time.   

Jerry (black boots with 4" block heels and ankle zipper, the club owner)  invites us to a special meeting where we could help remove some of the snow from around the club.  Amazingly most of the members of the Thigh Boot Club took him up on the offer.   The folks in this group really are friends and will use almost any excuse to get together.

56cb8227ca86b_Jerrys-bar.jpg.c8f16e49c31

Carol (black crotch high boots and suspected of owning whip), as usual, took care of organizing things and handed out the snow shovels to everyone.

Boots_in_Snow.jpg.ad78da618fd2ed81774011

Bob (black OTK boots 3" stilettos) and Bill (black boots with 4" block heels) did most  of the heavy lifting when was required to pile the snow up to get it out of the way.  Betty(silver boots with 5" stilettos over red leggings) and Sally (red thigh boots with 4" stilettos over black leggings) did their share of pushing the snow around without having to lift it.  We even had some new folks walk by and we invited them to join in the fun.

Black-Thigh-High-Boots.thumb.jpg.f44116c

Contrary to popular belief, stiletto heels can give good traction in snow if you drive the heel all the way to the ground.

The next order of business was to make a snowman.

snowman.JPG.e857733ef33dccba175f4312b409 No one was willing to give up their boots to properly dress the snowman so an old pair of knee high  had to do.

The final event of the evening started when the first snowball flew.  We suspect Jack (black lace up knee high boots with 5" block heels, professional shoe care specialist), who really had polished up his boots for protection from the snow, threw the first snowball but Kim(black OTK boots with 4" stilettos) followed immediately with volley of her own.  Much to our surprise Carol (black crotch high boots and suspected of owning whip) joined in with a delightful glee that we didn't know she had.

When we were finally exhausted from shoveling and throwing snow, we all went into Jack's Place and had several rounds of drinks.  Jill (green thigh boots with 5" stilettos) sat down at the piano and led the gang in singing "Winter Wonder Land".  This surprised us because we hadn't known that Jill played the piano and that she could work the pedals with 5" stilettos.  This all led to another round of drinks and promises to  help shovel snow the next time it fall to the ground in any quantity at all.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

As happens every now and again, the Thigh Boot Club had an election of officers.  Since no one remembered who the last officers were, there were no incumbents in this election.  There was some discussion as to the need for officers but the consensus was that we needed someone to take the blame.

Jerry's-bar.jpg

We didn't need a Treasurer because there is no money and no Secretary was considered because: 1) nobody wanted the job, and  2) we didn't want a written record anyway (seemed safer that way).  We considered having a President but after seeing what the States went through (and came up with) the idea was hooted down.  The only thing folks seemed interested in was Vice President, but after explaining that the Vice part wasn't associated with illegal activity they lost interest.  We also considered Grand FooPah and High Mucketymuck but finally settled on "Fearless Leader" (there are a lot of Rocky and Bullwinkle fans in TBC).

Our nominating process was interesting .   Jerry (black boots with 4" block heels and ankle zipper, the club owner)  drew a 3 meter circle on the floor and announced that anyone wanting to run for "Fearless Leader" should put a (booted) foot in the ring.  There was not a mad rush to be first but after a minute Carol (black crotch high boots and suspected of owning whip) stepped up an put her foot into the ring and looked around, as only Carol can, to see if there were any others.  To our surprise Tim (pull on thigh boots with 4" stilettos and a cross dresser)  got up, smoothed his skirt and slowly walked up and put his foot in the ring. 

We limited campaign speeches to two minutes.  Carol stood up and waved, and after staring each member down, she promised to get all our old members back and enlist a hundred more.  Some pointed out that some of the old members had died and they weren't coming back but Carol stuck with her promise. She also promised free drinks at each meeting.  Tim said he thought that the way things were was pretty good but he would improve on it.

Now we had a problem.  No one expected there to be more than one candidate (most didn't even expect there would be one) so how were we going to decide?  Some suggested the highest heel, others said the tallest boots, some even suggested the best hair (the way the States did it) but we finally decided on an electoral vote. We broke into groups based on heel height and each group voted.  The 5" group getting 5 electoral votes, The 4" group getting 4 votes and the 3"group getting 3 votes.

The 5" group:

• ·         Carol (black crotch high boots and suspected of owning whip)
  • ·         Betty(silver boots with 5" stilettos over red leggings)
  • ·         Jill (green thigh boots with 5" stilettos)
  • ·         Jack (black lace up knee high boots with 5" block heels, professional shoe care specialist)

without surprise, voted for Carol.

The 4" group:

• ·         Tim (pull on thigh boots with 4" stilettos and a cross dresser)
  • ·          Jerry (black boots with 4" block heels and ankle zipper, the club owner)
  • ·         Mary (grey suede boots with 4" heels and white leggings)
  • ·         Bill (black boots with 4" block heels)
  • ·         Sally (red thigh boots with 4" stilettos over black leggings)
  • ·         Kim(black OTK boots with 4" stilettos)

to our surprise, voted for Tim

The 3" group:

• ·         Bob (black OTK boots 3" stilettos)

thought Tim was the best choice, but voted for Carol anyway.

So the results were in! Carol was the new "Fearless Leader" with 8 electoral votes and Tim was the runner up with 4 electoral vote.  There was some grumbling the Tim should have won since he got 6 actual votes to Carols 5 actual votes.  But rules are rules (and Carol is Carol) so as new "Fearless Leader" Carol ordered a round of drinks (but we had to pay for them ourselves) and told us (not explained to us) that she had won fair and square.  All hail the new "Fearless Leader".

bumper sticker.jpg

Edited by Thighbootguy
Added Images
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

As I have reported we elected Carol (black crotch high boots and suspected of owning whip) as the Fearless Leader of the Thigh Boot Club

Boots_in_Snow.jpg

and things are off to an interesting start. Carol had promised to bring back all of our old members and Ray (black OTK boots with 5" stiletto heels), who has recovered from a broken ankle did come to the last meeting and expressed surprise that we had elected a Fearless Leader, but Carol took credit for his returning.  She also lead in a new member, William(red suede thigh boots with 5"stilettos with handcuffs as ankle chains) who followed her around wherever she went.   WE welcomed him with cheers and "Really like your boots" comments.   Her other campaign promise of free drinks proved to be hollow as she failed to convince Jerry (black boots with 4" block heels and ankle zipper, the club owner) to provide them but I don't think anyone really expected free drinks anyway, but there was always hope.

The position of Fearless Leaded is really a ceremonial position without any real power, except that most of the members are secretly afraid of Carol .  Carol's idea of a ceremony was that members should lick her boots.  William(red suede thigh boots with 5"stilettos with handcuffs as ankle chains) started to comply but the rest of us hooted down the idea especially after realizing there were no free drinks (enough of which might have changed a few minds).

Jerry's-bar.jpg

As the evening went on there was a bit of a commotion outside Jerry's place and when we looked out we saw a large group of young people walking by carrying signs that read stuff like "Tennies for Teens", and "If the shoe fits, buy it".  This seemed like our kind of crowd so most of us wandered outside and asked what all the commotion was about?  It seems these folks were upset about the prevalence of folks wearing flip-flops taking over the public areas and wanting to show solidarity for real shoe wearers.  We asked if we could join in and after taking one look at our footwear we were enthusiastically invited to tag along.  As we passed the local hospital we were joined by a group, all wearing high heels, with signs reading "Healers for Heeling".  In our small town, this was quite a procession and most of the folks at home and in shops did give us a wave.  We did loop around and finished up at Jerry's where everyone celebrated the great shoe demonstration with drinks.

Carol took credit for the demonstration saying what a "great and wonderful thing it was that will affect the whole country".    Most of us agreed it was a fun outing and that we would do it again as long as it ended up at Jerry's.  The local newspaper seemed to have missed the event and only reported that the threat of rain kept most folks indoors that day.  When  Betty(silver boots with 5" stilettos over red leggings) asked the editor how he managed to miss the big march, he put on his flip-flops and asked, "What march?  Everybody stayed home because of the weather".  When Sally (red thigh boots with 4" stilettos over black leggings) pointed out that it hadn't rained he asked, "Did you notice that the stock market had gone up?"

Tim (pull on thigh boots with 4" stilettos and a cross dresser), who lost the election as Fearless Leader, only said, "It was a good day for shoe wearers" and bought a round of drinks.

:wavey:

• Like 3