"ULTIMATE" BALLET HEELS

Waisted_Giraffe

I have always considered ballet heels to be extreme shoes. But this one is the most extreme of the extreme. I can't see anyone being able to stand in them because of the angle of the stiletto heel. They would have to be considered to be bedroom shoes.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

If a comaprison is made between these ballet shoes and the standard ballet shoes, the big difference is in the heel. it seems to be attached in a way that makes it point forward more than is the conventional way. To make this happen all that is needed is the angle of that surface that attaches to the under side surface of the shoe, the upper face of the heel itself, be at a different angle to the norm. In other words the shoe it self in relation to the floor seems to me to be about the same angle to that floor as the normal ballet shoe. Dr Shoe may be able to confirm or other wise on this. But if this is correct what would make the shoe price so much more than others? A rip off maybe. Jeff

I think these are "steeper" by the fact the sole of the foot appears to be vertical as opposed to the top of the foot as in other pairs such as those by Qualifetish. The stretch on the ligagments over the top of the foot must be so great that as PJ thought, they would only be bedroom shoes. Though I'd love to have a go in them just to see.

They are certainly steeper than other ballet styles I've seen.

A ballet dancer or someone with a lot of experience in ballet heels would probably be able to stand and walk a few steps. The rest of us wouldn't stand a chance!

As for the design, they look about right to me though I'd want the heel to kick out slightly rather than kick in like these seem to.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 2 months later...

Mike,

I have worn them for 6 hours once, but normally just an 1 hour or so, then my feet start to ache a little, so I take them off and put my thigh boots on which then feel like flats cos the are only 6inch heels.

Do you wear Ballets? extreme heels?

cheers

In public I wear 4" block heels. At home 5..6 inch heels and my ballets. I need to cycle through some sit-n-getup with my ballets before I can walk around and stand for up to 30 minutes. I still need to work on balance and stability as well as on strengthen my muscles a bit more. I'm not always able to straighten my knees. But it has got a lot better already...

CU!

-Mike