Spent Some Time In The Christian Louboutin Store

estar

I happened to be in Las Vegas and there are not one but two Christian Louboutin stores there. The last time I was there, i stopped in to ogle the shoes but didn't have the nerve to try on any. This time I did. I have been obsessed with CL and have always wanted a pair or at least to try some on. I've heard the sizing can be a little odd so this was a great opportunity to see what fits. I started with the Neofilo which is I think a 120mm heel in size 41. The woman helping me said, "this style runs a little large, what size does she normally wear?" I looked her in the eye and said, "actually they're for me" and she didn't bat an eye. There were only a few people in the shop and I did get a few odd looks but nothing rude. I'm somewhere around a US 10.5 and the CL 41 was too small. We determined that I'm probably a 41.5 but unfortunately they didn't have the Neofilo or the Bianca in 41.5. However they did have the Daf bootie in my size so I tried it on. Let me tell you, it was magical. Those booties are amazing and I felt awesome walking back and forth on the red carpet in the store.

As much as I didn't want to, I took the booties off and gave them back to the salesperson. I just couldn't dig deep enough to justify spending $1500 for these works of art. If they had one of the less expensive pumps in stock, MAYBE I would have done it. For now, I'll just have to live with the incredible memories of the short time I spent in the land of the red soles.

Not too long ago I was in the same mind-set as you - not knowing how CL would fit. It just so happened that I also was in Vegas and found these two outlets. I was interested in a pair of black patent leather 120mm stiletto pumps called the "Lady Page" which was being sold on-line by Saks Fifth Avenue at that time, but the Saks Retail didn't have any of my size in stock there. So I went to the CL stores and found a similar style and tried them on. The fit and feel of these substitutes was so superb that I was convinced I had to get the Lady Page in the same size. It took some financial planning to finalize a checkout with Saks, but it was well worth the wait to get such an excellent pair of high heeled footwear. Sometimes, the cost (which was no small figure) becomes inconsequential to actually having and wearing the pair of heels that made your desire soar past the obsession for them.

post-1898-0-01343700-1415418221_thumb.jp

post-1898-0-96730700-1415418334_thumb.jp

That good to know Estar and Histiletto, I do get to Las Vegas on occasion and will look for those stores. Estar, your description of the Daf Bootie walk is what I had imagined that boot to be. Wow it would be a dream to get a pair of CL boots..

Sometimes, the cost (which was no small figure) becomes inconsequential to actually having and wearing the pair of heels that made your desire soar past the obsession for them.

Histiletto, I absolutely agree with you on that statement of yours! Nice score on the Lady Page pumps, I bet they are awesome!

Sometimes, the cost (which was no small figure) becomes inconsequential to actually having and wearing the pair of heels that made your desire soar past the obsession for them.

Well said. Now that I've tried them on, I'm determined to figure out how to fund their purchase. Time to start saving up!

When in Vegas, i did wander through Saks and another store that sold CL, but neither place "felt right." The CL shop, on the other hand, felt warm, friendly and inviting. I went to the one in the Palazzo on this trip and went to the store in Ceasars on the previous trip. I highly recommend stopping by if given the opportunity.

Hey! estar,

Most designer heels are sold for a limited time, that is when the line is sold out. Depending on their sale success, some designers will restock, but don't hold your breath. Sometimes it is about a month or shorter and sometimes it might last six months. So I wish you an applicable fortune soon. I saw a pair of CL Mary Jane stiletto heels toward the end of their run and tried to find a pair in my size and that has been about 3 to 4 years ago. I haven't seen that particular style since, but I keep looking.

Oh, I don't want hear that! The woman at the shop said that was the last pair in 41.5 and the online CL store still has them. The Daffodil and Daf Bootie in black seem to be staples in the line so hopefully they'll be available for a while yet.

estar,

I was just trying to warn you about the habits of designer presentations. So as soon as you can possibly see your way to purchase your selected pair, I wouldn't let grass grow around my feet.

Hey! mtnsofheels,

You are quite right to bet the Christian Louboutin Lady Page Pumps are awesome. As custom-made gloves fit the hands they are for, these pumps caress and cradle my feet. The fact that I was able to get them with the black patent finish is a bonus that I will be eternally grateful.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm curious, there is a Louboutin store in Miami and I am considering going. How did you dress for your visit? I am thinking sorta casual, decent jeans and a nice tshirt since miami is a bit casual, but am pondering a button down shirt with cole haan booties to indicate I am looking for quality.

(formerly known as "JimC")

I was wearing a kilt, a frumpy t-shirt and cheap flat slouch boots. The salesperson didn't seem to care at all. It was Vegas so I'm sure she's seen it all. Probably the main thing is to not act like a tire-kicker.

Fair enough. The Bootylili boots I tried in 40 were a little snug, and the Pigalle in 40 pinched my toes, but 40.5 seemed fine. I want to try round toe pumps out, and really want to see what 120s feel like. Maybe even the new 130s ;)

Looks like I will be near their store Tuesday. Looking to try the Simple, fifi 100/120, or Decolette 868 :)

Estar: Thought I'd wimp out again? 

*clears throat*

Ok, so was stuck on the East Coast of Florida (between Boca Raton and Miami) again today, and decided that I was going to finally find my size in Louboutins, and hopefully find a pair I really like, that was hopefully less then a months mortgage payment  :cool:

So, in total, I hit 5 stores, and asked for my size in 4 of them, the other didnt have what I was looking for so did not bother. I wore a button down semi casual shirt from Penguin and my lighter color Levis 511's with my Ash wedge sneakers (Converse All Stars style), so for anyone actually looking they can tell I was wearing 3.5" heels. A few customers noticed on my journey.

In Neiman Marcus Boca Raton I tried on a total of three pairs. 

The Fifi Booty 100 in size 39.5 (Too small) These are close to what I was really hoping to find. But I really wanted to try the 120mm heel.

post-289-0-40629700-1418181496_thumb.jpg

Since that did not work, the sales lady was kind enough to point out that a few other options were available in 40 (also too small).

The Attroupee booty with some sort of leopard print between the buckles. Meh.. Saks has an all black version but none in my size.

post-289-0-78127700-1418181457_thumb.jpg

They also had the Ditassima pump. This was close to 120mm heel but with a slight platform. Even with a rounded toe these pinched and I did not bother wearing both of them. Oh well. Not a bad design though, would be an easy option for those who step out of plain pumps.

post-289-0-20877500-1418181467_thumb.jpg

Ok, since that store was between my last jobsite and where I was staying I cleaned myself up and made the long shot straight to the Christian Louboutin store in Miami's design district. Which I did not know about till a few days ago. 

I'd actually driven past it between jobs but did not have time to stop :(

Ok, so I go in and one of the sales guys is trying to convince a sales girl that the fashion awards are the gay equivalent to the superbowl. I cannot dispute this as I do not care about either. *shrug* But.. this gave me hope since if I got a cold reception I could say I'm looking for something dressy to wear when I do wedding vows with my husband. Ok, I'd like to do that, but this party will be for our parents to attend, as well as my co-workers. I'm starting to get off track..

Ok, so I poke around the store for a bit. I see a couple options, I even the Fifi booty's in both 100 and 120mm heel. The 100 is suede (ugh) and the 120 is a leopard print (UGH) Oh well. I ask if they have them in black leather. The sales guy comes out with the Ishtar Booty in 120mm in black leather, saying they are the only leather booty they have in stock. Again, a size 40. As I start to pass on them he says "You're already here, might as well try them on"

Ok. If you insist. 

post-289-0-18423700-1418181504_thumb.jpg

Again, 40, too tight in the toes.

I then notice they have the Fifi pump in 120, but not in black. They had them in a grey leather that I cannot find a picture of. Again 40 (Grr!) again too tight. But still fun to try on

post-289-0-30743200-1418181527_thumb.jpg

So, fine, even though I am not a fan of the leopard print, I asked if they had the fifi booty 120's in a larger size. He did have them in 40.5. Much better :) They were a bit snug around the ball of the foot, but he said they break in nicely. I think he could tell I liked the style since he had me walk around the store to different mirrors to check out the look under different lighting. He also asked if the 120 was too high. I figure, these will be special occasion only, not for long distances, so I figure why not make them special? hehe

Alas, no sale, and I cannot find the fifi booty 120's in black leather online in my size, or not yet. 

Oh yea, a pic. post-289-0-58903400-1418181519_thumb.jpg

So, I left there, hit another Neiman Marcus for a bust, a Saks, bust, and a Nordstroms I know carries Louboutins, bust. 

Hrmf. Oh well. My credit card got really worried. I wonder if they have the Pigalle 120's in my size in Miami.... 

Fin

Sounds like you prefer to buy them in person, but just in case you change your mind... I found the Fifi booties you want in only one place in black leather, in your size (10.5), online at Saks here (hope this link works):  http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374306624251&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446706544&R=452502459679&P_name=Christian+Louboutin&N=4294912355+306624251&bmUID=kERtc8P 

They are beautiful boots, but wow $1095...   Not able to find them anywhere else in your size online.  Good luck!

Estar: Thought I'd wimp out again?

Hardly. I knew you would do it.

Great recap of your shopping adventure. It's a real bummer when you can't find your size. More shopping required!

Maybe, Rockup, you have to go to a Louboutin store for large sizes.

In Neiman Marcus' internet store large sizes are available only in some models.

We don't have a Louboutin store or a retailer that carries the brand down here so I bought mine at Net-A-Porter. I must say two things:  a) its a drawback not being able to try them on at the store; and B) Louboutin's craftsmanship is nothing out of the world, quality does not reflect the price. I prefer brands like Brian Atwood, Casadei, Missoni, Jimmy Choo or Alexander Wang. It seems to me some of the local brands here can compete -in quality- neck to neck with Louboutin.

Majo: read again, the last three pairs were at a Christian Louboutin store :)

I was interested in trying the 120s to see if their 5" heels are comfortable compared, and I think I got my answer with the Fifi 120 bootys. I liked them, but not $1200 liked them.

Cool Rockpup, good for you going in and trying them on to find your dream shoes/boots that is so awesome.

Aside from the outrageous price the experience sounds like it was fabulous. Hopefulley some day I will find some and try them on as well.

Great shopping storey!

Lol, that's my philosophy.

Can't you boys buy them online though...do you really have to go trying them on in a Louby shop?

Amanda: their site seems a bit stripped down for sizing, and a couple retailers are thinning out their selection so I suspect either Holliday buyers or season shift. Besides, gotta find out what size to watch for, right? :)

I set a goal, after I pay off the high interest credit card I will again go shopping, with cash this time and not risk 29% interest if I find shoes/boots I really love. The fifi 120 boots were more comfortable then other 5" heels I have worn, and I'd find occasions to wear them if I got them.

• 2 weeks later...

Saks has a pair of So Kate 100 boots $1000 off, and the fit my legs. Not sure I can pull off purple suede though.

Will update.

Let's go live blogging!

Neiman Marcus: nothing left I want on sale. Pigalle 100 red patent in 40 is way too tight in the toes, Simple 100 black leather in 40.5 fits perfect, but I suspect will become too loose after a couple wears. Moving on.

Oh well. Second trip through Saks (where I parked) I had a very large sales associate shadowing me (security?) He gave very short answers to other customers and always stayed where he could see me ;)

Decided the purple suede is not happening, and some size 40 Jimmy Choo ankle boots are not only a half size too small, but too similar to others I have.

Might hit an outlet before going home, but I am not driving an hour to hit the Miami Louboutin Boutique. Came to my senses about spending that much right now.

• 1 month later...

2-5-2015, Am I the only one still going to the CL shop? Hehehe

Ok, stopped by again. Curious to see what other models they have in, and while they have new models in, seems they have nothing in my size. Hrmf!

I did see a lady trying out the 130mm Hot Chick model. Still amazed anyone can walk in those, and damnit I want to be able to walk in those ;)

Ok, So along the lines of the last visit I tried on the Fifi 120 in a Leopard print patent. Too bad they were too small. Pic is 100mm. 

post-289-0-44088700-1423186370_thumb.jpg

I also tried on the Pigalle 120 (have to try this pair once in your life, right?), but I'm not sure I have the patience to break in the toe box on these in patent leather. They seemed to infer they mostly sell patent leather or patterns. oh well. 

post-289-0-25103700-1423186639_thumb.jpg

I also tried the So Kate, again in patent, again the toe issue. Hrmf. 

post-289-0-10276100-1423186750_thumb.jpg

The assistant manager who I was working with said to email him and he will let me know when they get 40.5's in, so I sent him the models I am looking for. Let's hope I don't go broke in comfort :P

Rick24: the sales guy who worked with me in early December seemed happy to see me, but was busy with another customer. The sales lady who asked if I was looking for a gift did not flinch when I said they were for me, and the assistant manager said he would email me anytime they get my size in. I'd say they were great, but at this price point you are also paying for over the top service.

Maybe try the same styles on but in kid leather rather than patent aand see if they fit better. I have had to buy a bigger size when buying patent shoes as they don't stretch as much.

I will be going to Selfridges in London in May to look in the Louboutin store. I want a pair of Fifi Shoes.

Hh4evr1: I was hoping for kid leather, but had to try what I could find in my size. They have the Fifi 120's in leather, in my size, but in a brown I do not like. I don't plan to spend $675 on a pair of shoes I am not 100% in love with ;)