Election Returns

I'm a political junkie and i've gotten all the election details i need from various websites - except one. I'm interested in the results of the race for town council of a little farm country village somewhere in western New York state. How about it, ILikeKicks, did Tuesday bring you a new gig?

You beat me to asking the question, heels59. I was going to ask about the outcome if Ilk hadn't mentioned by tonight. Perhaps he's to busy giving interviews?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

You beat me to asking the question, heels59. I was going to ask about the outcome if Ilk hadn't mentioned by tonight. Perhaps he's to busy giving interviews?

Well. Lets say it was quite a close race. ;)

Heres the inside scoop:

About a month ago, The Lawyer whom was the incumbent knew first hand he was going to be shit canned. He knew it so badly, he didnt even show up for the last debate.

After getting to know the Reverend and a lot more people in the town, I realized he was the better gut for the job then I was. Hes lived here since his birth. Hes helped deliver kids and has done so much for the community that I kinda felt badly about running against him.

I did NOT drop out. I lost by 43 votes ;) .

After the ballots were tallied, we ate dinner and celebrated together. It was a victory for the whole town as an asshat that was wasting a seat on the counsel is now gone and replaced by someone whom cares, lives here and is well respected for what he has done for the town in his *lifetime*.

Theres one person on the counsel that is still a ' do nothing ' idiot. He was put on notice at the celebration that if he doesnt start doing what he was voted in to do, *I* will be running against him in 2 years with the full support of at least 1 member that was elected that night ;).

Almost 9000 votes, I lost by 43. Not bad in my opinion ;). Thats the whole story. I *DID* win the womens vote though.. thus Ive slept on the couch since tuesday night.. and its only 40 degrees out.. starting to snow.. 

-ILK

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Nice one. A close result with respect from you both, sounds like you are "in alignment" for the next standing. We await the future run.

Al

ilk,

Extraordianary finish for a first-time election run. Sounds liek a win-win sitaution for your area which is a rarity in politics.Thanks for being involved. I stay informed and involved but ruled out a run at office a few years ago as I'm not sure I'll even retire in the United States. I had bigger aspirations but there doesn't appear to be a national stage for a Libertarian like me. On the other hand they do say 90% of all politics is local. Thanks again for trying and sharing your experience!  HappyinHeels

Damn.. lots to reply to!

43 of 9000, doesn't that narrow margin trigger an automatic recount?

No. its a small town and I wouldnt wish for a recount of any kind. Recounts in small towns are BAD.

Way to go, ILK!  Sounds like a very good man got the job however I sure as heck would have voted for you.

Best,

Larry

Many people voted for me. The good news is : The Lawyer whom didnt bother to live here is gone. EVERYONE won that election.

Thaks for the update, Ilk. Slept on the couch. (;-

Sucks, I know. Wife had the couch last night. I started up the fireplace and had a cozy fire going. Snuggled under the blankets. SHE came in and said ' Your on the bed tonight, get out! '.

I lost an election.. and lost all kinds of other things too! ;)

Well done, my friend.  And a gentleman.

I tried ;)

ilk,

Extraordianary finish for a first-time election run. Sounds liek a win-win sitaution for your area which is a rarity in politics.Thanks for being involved. I stay informed and involved but ruled out a run at office a few years ago as I'm not sure I'll even retire in the United States. I had bigger aspirations but there doesn't appear to be a national stage for a Libertarian like me. On the other hand they do say 90% of all politics is local. Thanks again for trying and sharing your experience!  HappyinHeels

Im a Libertarian in a ' Blue ' state. I understand the REAL side of the supposed ' left ' of the political spectrum. When I lived in Buffalo, I tried to get on the ballot for a City Counsil seat a while back. The outright fight to even get on the ballot from the 2 party system.. to keep the oppression on those not in their parties.. 

It was easy to get on the Ballot ' out here '. I needed 2500 signatures, proof of where I lived, photo ID and a Birth Cert to prove who I am. I had the signatures inside of a week with the help of 8-10 other people driving around and leaving sign-up sheets at the local pizza/restaurant shops. Once I had those signatures, I was given the times and where abouts for the debates the Town held.

For as much as people complain about ' Hillbillies ' or ' inbreds ' or ' rednecks ' or ' slow country folks ', they really care about one another and take their politics very seriously. They are quite stringent on whom or what ( ballot initiatives ) they will vote in favor for.

It was a learning curve for myself.

Cheers all!

-ILK

Nice one. A close result with respect from you both, sounds like you are "in alignment" for the next standing. We await the future run.

Al

It all depends on how things go. If the counsel starts working, theres no need to rock the boat. If theres someone whom is just preventing things going forward, I will run against them.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.