The Bad And The Ugly..

Halloween party, just arrived back from it. Was rather interesting.

Being Halloween, there were guys being.. ' female impersonators '. There were so many that they held their own ' Miss Halloween ' pageant. It wasnt planned but.. its all in good fun.

So.. whilst our band played ' The Stripper ', these ' gals ' came across the stage one at a time.

It was quite obvious that some of them had never worn heels before. It was also obvious that they werent really paying much attention to where they were walking.

The first participant walked out rather oddly and made it to center stage, did their little dances then pranced off the stage on the opposite side. I liked the riding boots he was wearing. I believe they were of a better brand as the zippers were on the outside. They didnt appear to have much of a heel, a wedge of maybe 3 inches or less.

The second guy was wearing some cheapo things with those spikes coming out of them in all directions. He walked like a linebacker. He didnt even shave his legs. He fumbled about , made it to center stage, BELCHED into a microphone and received a standing ovation from everyone there!

The 3rd guy.. well.. lets say he looked like Helga the viking woman/cartoon character. I turned to laugh and was pulled backwards when the guy caught the chord to my guitar.

People whom play Guitar and Bass often loop their cables through their straps so if the cable is stepped on, you dont unplug yourself on accident ( or if someone else steps on the cable as in this instance ).

Its unfortunate that after recovering from tripping on my cable and BEFORE I could even yell, the guy caught himself on a mic cord and twisted an ankle and went down immediately, screaming so loud the stage mics all picked it up!

Many people laughed thinking it was some kind of prank or joke until the blood shot about a foot into the air and all over one of our monitors and a bunch of folks in the crowd. What made it seem even worse was that the stage lighting was right on him making the whole thing so viewable.

Lucky for him, our vocalist has a day job as an EMT and was able to aid him very quickly. A compound fracture with a bone going right through the skin by the foot. He had to cut off the shoes straps, the latex stocking and get the mic cable off the guys leg while he was flailing around and blood was going everywhere. 

After 5 minutes our vocalist was able to get the bleeding to a point where he and another guy put the injured man into a minivan and rushed off to the emergency room.

It took about 15 minutes to clean up what we could of the mess and we wound up finishing the gig with just the 3 of us doing the vocal work.

I believe the moral of this story is to be proficient in what we wear on our feet before we decide to dance around. 

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Oh now that sounds scary - - - - -

Indeed.

It was like a pajama outfit thing with a hoodie that had ears and a bow. It wasnt that bad.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.