Got Noticed Today

hh_pe

With today being Halloween, I figured I would wear my Aerosoles Accomplishment dress shoes to work. These are one pair of flats that my wife has no problem with me wearing, and they are almost identical to my mens oxford dress shoes. I've worn them many times to work with no issues, or people saying anything. Normally, when I do wear them, I bring my lunch to the office and eat at my desk.

Today, however, I went out for lunch at Subway and sat at one of the tall tables with bar stool chairs. While I ate and read my Kindle, a woman comments to me "Nice shoes" as she fills up her cup with ice. I reply back "Thank you. They are the most comfortable dress shoes I own." She replies "I know" as she sticks out her foot. She was wearing the same thing. We breifly talked about the brand and how comfortable they are. After some small talk, she asked if I wear any higher heels. I told her I have a pair of 2-inch t-strap heels from Aerosoles, but do not wear them outside at the requiest of my wife. She asked how supportive my wife is, and I explained we have established certain rules, but overall she is supportive and helps purchase heels for me. The gal was impressed, said enjoy lunch, and as she started to leave said it would be a shame if those T-strap heels never see the outdoors.

Overall, I have to say she appeared to genuinely be intrigued with a guy wearing womens shoes. It was a great feeling to be able to talk so openly with someone other than my wife about wearing heels.

Nice encounter you had….  It is cool when gals compliment us on our shoes.  This has happened to me several times as well.  

As for your Aerosoles shoes, they look very nice - and have a definite "unisex" style about them….  

I also have several pairs of Aerosoles shoes, love 'em…..    take care, sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Yes, it IS fun when a gal you've never met notices your shoes and compliments you on them. I've had it happen.

I love Aerosoles. The sandals in my avatar pic to the left are Aerosoles "Platonic" sandals with a 3.75" stacked heel, and coincidentally I am wearing them right now! They are among my favorite.

Steve

I've also been complimented by women on my footwear, and it certainly does make you feel good. On top of that, I've had women say to me that I wear high heels better than they do! What better compliment can there be than that?

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

This is really unbelievable that a women noticed this very pair of shoes and decided to comment, while the shoes look similar to a pair of men's dress shoes (your own words). Others here have not yet received comments on their high heels pumps !

Others here have not yet received comments on their high heels pumps !

Actually, it happens to me quite frequently. 

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Per my wife, women can spot a heel brand just by looking at them. I have not developed this talent. I do notice aerosoles only when a woman is sitting where I can see the bottom of the heel and identify the diamond pattern that is typical of the brand.