Stopped By Shi Journeys And Wasn't Alone!

HappyinHeels

Hi All,

Yesterday I stopped by DSW and Ross Dress for Less and yawned at lack of anything interesting there so I stopped by the Shi Journeys store at Gurnee Mills Mall (Gurnee,IL) as a last option. This is a store I forget about but remembered they usually have edgier styles in higher heels and often in size 11. While I was there a young guy about 21 or so and his girlfriend came in and the girlfriend helped him try on different heels while an older guy (presenting as androgynous) was trying on various ankle boots. I was rather engaged with the very young sales associate, a Hispanic girl of about 20, who seemed thrilled to help me and talk about heels in general. I had on my Jessica Simpson "Carlow" sandals that I had worn in Ohio when I visited Steve63130 last year and that's what I think really got this girl's attention. It certainly got the young kid's girlfriend's attention as she asked to try them on while I had them off trying on other shoes. It was unexpected but satisfying to see someone else think highly of a fashion choice I made. She loved my sandals and I loved the Maniac pumps which I ended buying at the Shi store. All in all, a great experience made all the more enjoyable by other males in the store yesterday. I asked the sales associate the last time she had seen more males than females in the store and she said most of the day yesterday was like that. Probably just the approach of Halloween. Or maybe a cosmic event when the moon sees an eclipse because of an aligning of the heels :) 

HappyinHeels

post-3654-0-56138600-1414071529_thumb.jp

Howdy HiH,

What a fantastic adventure. There is something extra awesome when a gal wants to try on your shoes, isn't there? Thanks for sharing.

I have plans to go heeling at the mall this weekend. Hope I have as good a time as you did.

I also like your new pumps and would totally wear them if they came in my size.

Best,

Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

Next time in up that way, I'll have to stop in that store!  Sounds like a great experience.  Did it appear that the younger guy was a heel wearer (could he walk in them) or just getting something for Halloween? I don;t usually see much I care for in that chain (not into the platforms as you are) but maybe they have some ankle boots with a decent heel that I could try.

Great post, HiH! I remember how much fun we had in the Nine West and Baker's stores in the mall we visited! None of the female customers paid any attention to us, but the salesgals were attentive and you found some things you really liked! I'm glad you're still supporting the economy, even if it's in Illinois!

It's all about having fun, and you do that very well! Best regards,

Steve