Halloween Help

BTBAIHeels

Help viewers and members, Halloween is around the corner and I want to do something special. I want to buy my very first pair of heels. I'm tired of waiting an im thinking I might be able to pull it off. So now I have a problem.

I want to incorporate a pair of heels into a costume. But first I need help finding or making a costume to go to a halloween party with friends and getting candy afterwards, and It CAN NOT be cross dressing since my mom has issues with it. So I'm here asking the community for help, hoping to get assistance.

Thanks in advanced,

BTBA

The first thought that came to mind was a "superhero" type with block heeled boots in the 2"-3" range.  Sounds like you won't be able to do stilettos, and besides they really do take practice.

What is your experience level with heels?

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

BTBA,

Yes, more specifics please. What heels do you want to wear and what is your experience wearing heels? The last thing you want is to have to take them off because your feet or ankles hurt too much to wear them any more. Wearing takes practice and skill and you can't get those instantly. You have to put in some (many) hours to build up your foot muscles so you can wear heels comfortably. But there are heels and there are heels. Wearing 5" heels requires a lot more flexibility and practice than wearing 3" heels. So where are you on the spectrum? Don't start with 4 or 5 inch heels if you've never worn them before. You'll probably be hurting big time. Start with 2 or 3 inch heels and work your way up. Learn to walk gracefully and you'll be more confident than clomping around like an inexperienced guy in heels.

Steve

Thick block heels to push your height up and think about Lurch from the Adams family.

My son when he was 10 borrowed my 70s platforms for the same charactor.

Al

Edited by Alsheels

Sounds like you won't be able to do stilettos, and besides they really do take practice.

What is your experience level with heels?

Ok, no stilettos. I can manage. I have worn my Mom's 4" stilettos atleast over 15 times, so I can effectively walk without getting hurt. 

First:  what do mean when you say"heels"?  What do these heels you want to buy, look like?

Well w6ish... I'm not really sure to be honest. I was thinking of just going to a local goodwill and seeing what they had in sizes 10.5-11.5 and hope for it to work out. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll still be looking for ideas, but now I have food for thought.

Thanks,

BTBA

Does your mom know about you wearing her 4" heels? If so or even not, discuss with her about helping you to put together an outfit using the pair you preferred with an offer to buy or help her buy another pair of heels she has been wanting. I know you said she wasn't very happy about cross dressing, but if you could help her to understand that wearing heels is just the same as wearing trousers and similar apparel, this would help her to know a little better of the intensity you have to wear heels. When your mom understands how you feel about this and is willing to help create your costume, she is probably the best source to get a good fit with the pair of heels you desire. I don't know your mom, so this is totally your decision to use this opportunity to bond a little better with your mom and talk with her to have an understanding between both of you. Parents have expectation for their children, without really getting to know all the aspirations their children have. For now focus on the Halloween costume, but this could open the door for later discussions.

This is probably an insane suggestion, but if you are trying to hide a pair of heels via your costume, then consider obtaining some cheap second hand heels, perhaps the wedges, and build some type of robot shoe around them. Go as a robot and nobody has to know that you are rocking a pair of heels.

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

Why not go as Wonder Woman and wear red high-heel boots?

You're kidding, right?

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Does your mom know about you wearing her 4" heels? If so or even not, discuss with her about helping you to put together an outfit using the pair you preferred with an offer to buy or help her buy another pair of heels she has been wanting. I know you said she wasn't very happy about cross dressing, but if you could help her to understand that wearing heels is just the same as wearing trousers and similar apparel, this would help her to know a little better of the intensity you have to wear heels. When your mom understands how you feel about this and is willing to help create your costume, she is probably the best source to get a good fit with the pair of heels you desire. I don't know your mom, so this is totally your decision to use this opportunity to bond a little better with your mom and talk with her to have an understanding between both of you. Parents have expectation for their children, without really getting to know all the aspirations their children have. For now focus on the Halloween costume, but this could open the door for later discussions.

She does not know about me wearing her heels, or at least I think... Anyways This is what I've been looking for Histiletto! I can hope for positive results. Thanks for the help!

This is probably an insane suggestion, but if you are trying to hide a pair of heels via your costume, then consider obtaining some cheap second hand heels, perhaps the wedges, and build some type of robot shoe around them. Go as a robot and nobody has to know that you are rocking a pair of heels.

That is actually a great idea Nut, I can't believe I didn't think of that! Great idea, and thanks for the help! 

Why not go as Wonder Woman and wear red high-heel boots?

Did you get the memo Jamie? I'm sorry if I come across as rude, but I specifically said NO CROSS DRESSING. Otherwise I assume it was sarcasm. Thanks anyways for the attempt!

The comments are fueling my thoughts more, and I want to thank all who are commenting.

Thanks,

BTBA