Out And About With P08C

P08C

Well to follow suit with a lot of other guys in this forum I thought if start keeping a heeling log to mark some of my successes and/or failures with my outings.

If you read my last thread you know that I still hadn't gotten comfortable with the heels in public thing. I'm hoping to change that and keep you guys updated on how my adventures go.

Without further ado...here is my first outing in probably about 6 years or so.

October 15, 2014

The outfit I wore was pretty simple. A pair of skinny jeans I picked up for PacSun a while back, a black and white plaid shirt from JCPenny and a pair of Vera Wang Ankle boots with a 5" heel. I really enjoyed what I was wearing and still felt like I presented a masculine image.

Today I went out for my first time in years. I was very nervous but figured it was time to man up and live my own life. So, with eh support of my wife I finally did it.

First stop was a local thrift store to find some dresses for my wife. It was honestly pretty packed for 1 o'clock on a Wednesday. The stop went off without a hitch and the nerves faded away pretty quickly. I felt really good about myself. There was a couple at the thrift store speaking Spanish right next to me. Part of me wondered if they were talking about my shoes...I highly doubt it though.

Next stop was target to make a few returns and purchase a couple items. Same thing as the thrift store...very I uneventful. There was a large gaggle of new target employee trainees walking around. I did walk right past the group. Felt like I might've gotten a stare or two but you can't really tell.

Our final stop was to pick up a few groceries. Same as before...no comments, awkward stares or anything...just a normal trip.

Although I am 100% positive that I was noticed and 100% positive someone made a comment at some point the whole experience was very low key. The extra height also helped me locate some of the hard to reach items at the grocery store. My wife also said her worries melted away when we were in public because she was more concerned with what we were doing rather than what I was wearing.

It was a great time and I seriously want to do this every day! Haha. Anyway, enjoy the pictures and leave comments!

post-19286-0-55858300-1413405679_thumb.j

post-19286-0-59072800-1413405713_thumb.j

post-19286-0-03181000-1413405724_thumb.j

Congratulations P08C.  I really believe that once we become confident we should do fine.  I have used my high heeled boots out a few times.  It still makes me very nervous so I believe I still have a long ways to go.  

I will keep doing it until I feel comfortable.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks for the reply.

I think it went so well and I felt so good about it that I won't have any major qualms about doing it again. At least, that's how I feel about it right now. Got a few more errands to run tomorrow...so I'll probably have another update for everybody.

Well done for getting out there after such a long time, and to your supportive wife too. Very cool boots, and overall the look flows from top to bottom and looks very consistent and natural, which perhaps explains why you seemed to blend in so easily in your surroundings. It's great that you feel good about it, all the best for your future outings.

If you like it, wear it.

There you have it! Good on you! 

It was stated a while ago by MANY people whom do go out on a regular basis that the biggest problem is out own fears/concerns. Our worries about someone saying something and how to deal with it. All you have to do is STRUT away ( why walk? ;) ).

Its all in our heads.

-ILK

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

P08C,   Nice story….  Your write up implied that your wife was with you?  Is that correct?  I always enjoy heeling, but when my spouse is with me it is that much more enjoyable...

Good to hear that you are back out and about in heels.  We need more guys to be doing that, especially out here on the west coast where there doesn't seem to be any heelers - except for ME….   It's a lonely life..  ha ha..   Take care, sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Thanks for all the compliments. I really enjoyed my outfit.

As I said earlier, I would make another outing today.

October 16, 2014

For my outfit I wore a pair of skinny jeans with a heather red t-shirt and a military green jacket. I really enjoyed this outfit, however, I don't think that the t-shirt complimented my skin tone very well. Oh, well I guess. The shoes are Vera Wang peep toe pumps I picked up on sale from Kohl's a little over a year ago. They have a nice tall skinny heel with a platform.

Today's outing was relatively short. The wife and I went gritting for some Halloween stuff for our little one. We went to the same store as yesterday and another one just down the street. The crowds were also much smaller. I did get a couple stares...I think it was due to the fact that the shoes I wore today were very obvious. Anyway, this was short and I don't have much else to tell.

Let me know what you think!

Enjoy the pictures.

post-19286-0-11764700-1413503633_thumb.j

post-19286-0-94901600-1413503647_thumb.j

post-19286-0-41804100-1413503665_thumb.j

post-19286-0-36811900-1413503680_thumb.j

I am happy to see that you look just fine, because that is an outfit much like something I am often seen in, right down to the boots. In fact, at first I thought you had stolen my boots, until I remembered that I had to retire my Vera Wang boots a few months ago. Those were my first pair of high heeled boots, and I rather liked them a lot. Their downfall turned out to be the fact that they are not incredibly durable, but what do you expect for 40 bucks? They certainly look a lot more expensive than 40 bucks, and mine served me well, up to the point of falling apart. I like them because they're kinda girly, but yet not somehow?

It is so much easier to go out in heels when you're with your wife (or kids, if applicable). Do this as much as you can. It will build your confidence. It can be somewhat more difficult when you are by yourself.

I see you have posted something else while I was writing this. The second outfit looks quite nice, also. I guess I can see what you mean about the color and your skin, but it certainly doesn't bother me. I must also compliment you on your confindence to wear such feminine shoes with skinny jeans. It took me about 2 years of public heeling to get to that point, and I still don't have the energy to pull it off all the time, and I wear heels publicly almost every day.

Let us know how it goes in the future.

The demons are mostly in our heads. As guys we're afraid of what others may think about our masculinity. The truth is, you can never please everybody, so why try? Please yourself and your wife. You look great in both the boots and open toe pumps and if you turn heads, so what? You're educating the unwashed masses!

Way to go!

Steve

The demons are mostly in our heads. As guys we're afraid of what others may think about our masculinity. The truth is, you can never please everybody, so why try? Please yourself and your wife. You look great in both the boots and open toe pumps and if you turn heads, so what? You're educating the unwashed masses!

Way to go!

Steve

Hi P08C, I Agree with Steve, fears is mostly in our heads and once we figure out how over come that it is the enjoyment is truly for ourselves. Great combinations and looks. Nice to hear that your wife is very supportitive of your interests, kudos to her!  Enjoy!