New Heels I Would Like

You may of read that i have been wearing high heels from the start of october 2014 which is a challenge to raise money for the NSPCC.

During this challenge i have noticed that i have suffered no pain at all in my lower spine.  i aint even needed any medication of any sort.  to be honest i now enjoy wearing the heels purely for the fact that im pain free.

i have decided that i want to purchase a pair of heels for everyday use but i dont want anything that is too girly.

i have found the following cowboys boots but they are sold as women's boots.  personally i would say they are more unisex than purely woman's.

they have a 2.5 inch heel with no platform.  they are also available in size UK10EEE which should hopefully fit my man size 10 feet.  the womans heels im wearing for my months challenge are also a size uk10 wide fitting and they actually feeel slightly too large for me.

i have shown the boots in the pictures below to my wife and she thinks they are too girly for a man. 

back in the 1970's i had a pair of cowboy boots when i was in school which were sold as boots for boys / men and they also had a heel around the same height although they had a higher leg.  they also had more detail but were the same colour (tan)

can you please give me your opinions.

1/  are they too girly to be worn as mens footwear

2/  unisex suitable for both sexes

3/  cant tell if mens or woman's

4/  never realized they were womens boots

post-3576-0-92334700-1413135856_thumb.jp

post-3576-0-29431200-1413135866_thumb.jp

post-3576-0-24592500-1413135874_thumb.jp

post-3576-0-66497400-1413135883_thumb.jp

I have a very similar pair from Lane Bryant. I've worn them everywhere, church, work, shopping, and only once was called out by an outgoing southern belle who it turned out also had the heel gene. I can't really say what reaction people in your area may have, but my experience here would be 3 and 4.

Honestly if you are asked about it you can explain about the back pain. Cheapest orthopedic footwear you can get. Where are they available? They would be a good addition to my androgynous collection.

Ditto to heels59's comment about getting a reaction. Last winer I worea couple of pair of Nine West ankle boots everywhere last that looked far more feminine than the pair you're looking and never had an reactions, what so ever. One pair with 2 1/2" heels and the other pair had 4" stiletto heels. I'm almost sure that pair worn with Dockers or blue jeans won't be noticed at all. Go for them.

Edited by Bubba136

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

i really do like them and at £20 a pop they are a bargain.  i also much prefer the lower style although they will be hidden under my jeans.  i really look forward to a pain free back especially during the winter months

They would pass as mens. I have a black pair that are similar and haven't had a reaction yet when wearing them. If your wife says they are too girly you could search the internet etc for mens cowboy boots and see if she would prefer you to get them instead.

i have looked for mens cowboy boots with a heel around 2.5 inches but they al seem to be no more than 1 to 1.25 inch at the most.  the idea of wanting a 2.5 inch heel is because this height eases the pain in my lower spine.  i dont think the missus will be too happy if i started to wear my MJ's every day.

I'm guessing the problem your wife has with those boots is the width of the heel.  The heel is more narrow and tapered than a typical man's heel would be.  I think if you found something in a similar style but with a 2 1/2 inch heel that was more blocky/chunky, she likely would have no problem with them.

You know, you can't change the world by staying in the rest of the world's comfort zone. As much as many would like to ague this point, it's the truth. 

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I've some similar in black but with a longer toe more almond than round.

Even the wife likes them. Flew out to Ireland for 5 days with work no stupid comments or issues and fine through security.

Perfect.  London tomorrow visiting the Tower to see the poppies.

Al

• 3 weeks later...

Have you had this discussion of the benefits and reasons for wearing these particular Mary Jane shoes with your wife. The concern for wearing the unisex booties as too girly when she knows you have been wearing the MJ's sounds like a hollow argument. I'd think she would have welcomed the change for such an option rather than the continuance to wear the MJ's. If this is her main opposition and she knows you have enjoyed a better quality of life being more pain-free, the MJ's should remain your primary footwear. However, if it is your choice, then by all means go for the booties.

You may of read that i have been wearing high heels from the start of october 2014 which is a challenge to raise money for the NSPCC.

During this challenge i have noticed that i have suffered no pain at all in my lower spine.  i aint even needed any medication of any sort.  to be honest i now enjoy wearing the heels purely for the fact that im pain free.

i have decided that i want to purchase a pair of heels for everyday use but i dont want anything that is too girly.

i have found the following cowboys boots but they are sold as women's boots.  personally i would say they are more unisex than purely woman's.

they have a 2.5 inch heel with no platform.  they are also available in size UK10EEE which should hopefully fit my man size 10 feet.  the womans heels im wearing for my months challenge are also a size uk10 wide fitting and they actually feeel slightly too large for me.

i have shown the boots in the pictures below to my wife and she thinks they are too girly for a man. 

back in the 1970's i had a pair of cowboy boots when i was in school which were sold as boots for boys / men and they also had a heel around the same height although they had a higher leg.  they also had more detail but were the same colour (tan)

can you please give me your opinions.

1/  are they too girly to be worn as mens footwear

2/  unisex suitable for both sexes

3/  cant tell if mens or woman's

4/  never realized they were womens boots

attachicon.gif1.JPG

attachicon.gif2.JPG

attachicon.gif3.JPG

attachicon.gif4.JPG

i have looked for mens cowboy boots with a heel around 2.5 inches but they al seem to be no more than 1 to 1.25 inch at the most.  the idea of wanting a 2.5 inch heel is because this height eases the pain in my lower spine.  i dont think the missus will be too happy if i started to wear my MJ's every day.

To answer your questions:

1.  You can wear them as a man - they are no more 'unmasculine' than my avatar boots (2.75" heel), which I wear quite often under normal length jeans (shaft concealed, heel visible)

2.  Yes, pretty well unisex

3.  If it comes to a vote, probably 'women's' - but only because you and I know that such styles are not too readily offered to men

4.  As 3, because I'm aware of such things

I agree that 'cowboy' boots are not readily available in the UK, and then tend to be low-heeled and expensive.    But cuban-heeled 'Beatle boots' are not hard to find, try Atom Retro and look at the 'Madcap' boots with pointed toe and 2.5" heel - very comfortable and true to size (mine are UK11 in black suede).   I too have had back problems and a heel helps - just plucking up courage to wear my 5" Miguel Jones boots in public more.

Where do your tan boots come from, please?

Worth taking a look at the ankle boots range from Marks and Spencer, I have bought a couple of pairs and wear them most days. They are very true to fit and comfortable, but I think they only go to size 8.

life is not a rehearsal

To answer your questions:

1.  You can wear them as a man - they are no more 'unmasculine' than my avatar boots (2.75" heel), which I wear quite often under normal length jeans (shaft concealed, heel visible)

2.  Yes, pretty well unisex

3.  If it comes to a vote, probably 'women's' - but only because you and I know that such styles are not too readily offered to men

4.  As 3, because I'm aware of such things

I agree that 'cowboy' boots are not readily available in the UK, and then tend to be low-heeled and expensive.    But cuban-heeled 'Beatle boots' are not hard to find, try Atom Retro and look at the 'Madcap' boots with pointed toe and 2.5" heel - very comfortable and true to size (mine are UK11 in black suede).   I too have had back problems and a heel helps - just plucking up courage to wear my 5" Miguel Jones boots in public more.

Where do your tan boots come from, please?

The tan boots are from marisota.  they only go to a size 10eee

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Kev,

They're rather nice & could easily pass as guys boots, especially if you're planning to wear them under jeans.

In answer to your questions these are my opinions...

1: No

2: Yes

3: Yes

4: Who cares? - they look stunning!

I have two similar styles of boots - Dr Marten 'Darcie' & 'Bellisssa'. I have just returned from a fortnight in the West Country & wore the Bellissa style under cargo pants for most of the time. Like you I suffer from back pain but not when wearing heels - (I remember our posts in the 'Dodgy backs & High Heels' thread). I walked miles & miles from shopping trips, hill walking & out in pubs in the evenings with no one noticing. My lady wore them to see a good friend the day after I had worn them in front of the same friend & got complemented on her lovely sexy boots. The friend just didn't seem to notice them on me.

One thing I'd like to ask... Are these tan ankle boots leather or man made uppers? I tend to find it's worth paying the extra for leather uppers & absolutely refuse to buy man made uppers any more as they don't allow my feet to breathe properly. I also find that if a pair of boots is a little tight, leather will gradually stretch to fit where PVC, vinyl or plastic is not as forgiving.

Good luck with your new boots