Work Trip In Heels

chrisinkilts

I'm delivering training on the road this week. When I'm not training or exercising I'll be wearing my heels or my flats. Once I left the office I put on a pair and haven't switched back to my boy shoes since 1pm today.

I just wore my Oxford's down to the lobby to get a cup of coffee. That heel sound on the tile floor. Nice. I've been wearing my wedges mostly. Those Oxford's are just a little high for me right now.

I used to travel for work. For day trips I'd step out of the house early in the morning wearing a smart skirt and heels, walk to the car and drive to my destination, but then I'd change into boring trousers and guy shoes for the day, and back into skirt and heels for the drive home. For overnight trips I'd wear my heels in the hotel room but I didn't have the confidence to step outside my door into public areas. Thinking back, my heels and outfits looked perfectly respectable and if I could re-visit those days I would step out in my heels for breakfast or dinner.

Did you stay in the lobby to drink your coffee or did you just take it back to your room? Enjoy your trip and I hope you get used to your oxfords, "just a little high for me" sounds fun.

If you like it, wear it.

Business trips are great for wearing heels. I wear them everywhere except to the job site. Then I'm in steel toe work boots. Dinner is usually in womens jeans and heels. Down to the hotel lobby and out for a 'bad habit break' in heels, shopping - just everywhere not work related. Great confidence builder.

Sleek, It was a quick trip to get coffee, it was terrible. I put my wedges on and went back down to breakfast after a little while. I've been wearing flats around the room and in the car and the wedges in public. Second night and my feet are beat. So off my feet and on with the flats. I did chicken out at the gas station and slipped on my crocs. I was in my short bibs for mountain biking and on my way back to the hotel from a 11.5 ride. It was dark and there were some folks around. I thought, I looked odd enough without flats or wedges.

I travel on business every other week.  I normally leave the house in heels and skirt.  I drive for 8 hours to the hotel.  When I arrive; I stay in heels and skirt anf go the lounge for dinner and drinks.  The work day on site is in dress slacks and work boots.  Upon leavng the site I change into heels for the trip back to the hotel.  The return trip is in heels and skirt.

Sleek, It was a quick trip to get coffee, it was terrible. I put my wedges on and went back down to breakfast after a little while. I've been wearing flats around the room and in the car and the wedges in public. Second night and my feet are beat. So off my feet and on with the flats. I did chicken out at the gas station and slipped on my crocs. I was in my short bibs for mountain biking and on my way back to the hotel from a 11.5 ride. It was dark and there were some folks around. I thought, I looked odd enough without flats or wedges.

I hope "terrible" was just the coffee, not the trip to get it in your heels!

I agree, heels with your mountain bike gear would've been a bit of an odd combination. I once went shopping for heels and I was wearing sports clothes. It felt a bit odd but when you're shoe shopping you can kind of get away with out-of-context stuff like that, it's not so different than someone in a smart work suit popping out at lunch time to buy running shoes. In your situation at the gas station I'd have just worn sports shoes - if anything, a nice pair of heels doesn't deserve feet that have just done a long bike ride!

If you like it, wear it.