Platform Flip Flops

SoleStripper

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The very thought that "intolerance" is being shown here is sad and very ironic. Good grief I would have thought that this forum if any would embrace and encourage another man out there who enjoys wearing footwear that doesn't fall into the typical boring realm of male footwear.  I don't even own a pair of platform flip flops and have a fair collection of "real" heels, but come on, let's be supportive here.  Maybe I'm just too accepting, supportive and open minded to contribute to this forum.  I rarely "speak my mind" but this warrants it.

Solestripper,  you've done a great job with the toe polish and making your feet look great.  Carry on and enjoy your favorite styles. 

Thank you. I haven't used the blue polish in awhile though. It's kind of a leftover from the late 90s color. I'm thinking about getting a french pedicure soon.

The very thought that "intolerance" is being shown here is sad and very ironic. Good grief I would have thought that this forum if any would embrace and encourage another man out there who enjoys wearing footwear that doesn't fall into the typical boring realm of male footwear.  I don't even own a pair of platform flip flops and have a fair collection of "real" heels, but come on, let's be supportive here.  Maybe I'm just too accepting, supportive and open minded to contribute to this forum.  I rarely "speak my mind" but this warrants it.

According to Dictionary.com, the definition of intolerance is:

"The lack of toleration, unwillingness or refusal to tolerate or respect contrary opinions or beliefs, persons of different races or backgrounds."

Maybe I'm wrong, but, based on that definition, it appears to me that YOU are the one being intolerant because the majority of people in this thread, myself included, expressed a shared dislike of flip-flops, and you found that unpalatable to the point where you felt the need to make a bogus accusation about us. While we are openminded, we don't sugarcoat things and have our own views, which we freely shared on the topic in question, the fact that you disliked the opinions we shared, then accused us of something completely wrong, something I personally find insulting, says to me that YOU have the problem, not us. In the vernacular of the neighborhood I live in, chill out.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Hmmm, things seem to be getting a bit heavy in here.

Agreed, this thread is bordering on not so cool...

On a lighter note, flip flop season is pretty much over in the northern hemisphere so this discussion is moot until about... April/May 2015?   :D

We certainly don't all have the same taste in shoes, but I think its fair to say everyone on this forum does love shoes that don't come from the men's department... heh.  Anyway, lets all lighten up a bit, okay?

Agreed, this thread is bordering on not so cool...

On a lighter note, flip flop season is pretty much over in the northern hemisphere so this discussion is moot until about... April/May 2015?   :D

Sadly, that also means Ugg boots will soon be out in force. BLECH!

What I like about wearing flip-flops is that they feel like I'm being kind to me feet, giving them a bit of air and sunshine. Much as I love my heels, being stuck in them all the time really doesn't feel so good for my feet. For me foot-care is an important part of enjoying heels and I'm happy if flip-flops are a part of that. Sure there are some flip-flops I consider more attractive than others, but that's true of heels too.

I think a sticking point with flatforms seems to be whether they are considered heels (because the heel of the foot is a significant distance from the ground) or considered flats (because there's no appreciable "rise" or difference between toe-height and heel-height). Personally I consider flatforms to be flats; to be classified as heels there has to be some kind of rise present for me. It's not just the shoe but the shape/position of the foot that's important.

If you like it, wear it.

Guess I botched that one, sorry for my reaction and the terminology I used, I just felt for the guy posting his pics.

That's part of the reason why I didn't ban you outright. Intolerance is a pretty strong accusation to put put on your fellow board members, who like myself tolerate much more than we agree with. I knew you had in in you to see your error.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Already have them out. Wore them last night as it was COLD! ;)

I won't fault you for the practical aspect and leave it at that. lol

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Guess I botched that one, sorry for my reaction and the terminology I used, I just felt for the guy posting his pics.

There are often many pictures posted of shoes that I laugh at or say to myself " What the... is that? ". I dont bother to comment as its not needed nor wanted/warranted. 

The time for ' truth ' has come. For far too long, people have been able to ' shout down ' others. Calling people ' Intolerant ', ' racist ', ' homophobic ', ' Closed minded ' .. Those doing such will start finding themselves stood up to now and in the very near future.

The times for using such terms and causing division and hate need to end. I dont think people even realize what they are doing when they toss out the terms they do. They just know it will cause a reaction of somekind that is favorable to their viewpoint OR cause others to retreat. Thus its not a good situation for anyone involved.

A conversation with only one viewpoint is always boring, why chase the other away?

Cheers!

-ILK

I won't fault you for the practical aspect and leave it at that. lol

Make no mistake, they are both bland and UGGly ( pun intended ;) ). They are practical and warm though, thus they do have a somewhat Utility aspect to them.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Already have them out. Wore them last night as it was COLD! ;)

You? Uggs? I'm shocked, shocked I tell you!  :tongue:

My mother taught me that if didn't have anything nice to say about something (like flatforms, for instance), I should be quiet and keep my opinion to myself. "Better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt!"

There are lots of people here who don't like my choice of heels. That's ok. We all have different tastes. Let's just be tolerant and civil and get along. Let's focus on what unites us rather than what divides us.

Steve

And a guy who uses a stripper shoe as a jackstand does not share my interests at all.

I dunno. I believe in freedom for all. Choose whom you want to be, whom you wish to love, whom you choose to associate with. Live your life in the ways that YOU enjoy so long as you harm nobody else. Be as prosperous as your desires would have of you. 

If you read the thread in regards to that picture, you would understand the JOKE behind it that actually became a reality. FAct is, that jackstand shoe REALLY CAN work as a jackstand. It was an experiment in Physics ;) with some laughs behind it.

can't we just all get along?  …..   guess not….  hmmm, something to think about…..  take care all..

peace, love, hare krishna, and old volkswagens.  sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

can't we just all get along?  …..   guess not….  hmmm, something to think about…..  take care all..

peace, love, hare krishna, and old volkswagens.  sf

As long as political correctness exists, the answer is no. It's sole purpose is to divide people.

But I digress. Please no more on this matter, or I'll just lock this thread.

Please no more on this matter, or I'll just lock this thread.

But we can still discuss flip-flops, right? I would so enjoy wearing these.

post-12051-0-68486900-1413399898_thumb.j

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-LADIES-TOE-POST-SUMMER-HOLIDAY-DIAMANTE-WEDGE-FLIP-FLOP-SANDALS-UK-3-8-/191284732299?pt=UK_Women_s_Shoes&var=490402264245&hash=item2c8975618b

If you like it, wear it.

Those arent bad looking. Kind of like a wedge and mule crossover.

Stay away from any lakes with them on if you fell in you would float upside down as they would act like little life boats ...lol

Or, if you managed to stay upright, they'd make nice pontoons! :silly: