Cracks Appearing In Foot Bed

Bought a pair of heels from Ebay last month. Just noticed that there seems to be cracks appearing on the side of the foot bed near the strap . Both shoes have this crack on the inside. One shoe is worse then the other.

post-2673-0-76824800-1412436190_thumb.jp   post-2673-0-96688100-1412436236_thumb.jp

Not sure what I can do . Think it might be best If I return them back the seller.  Only been worn inside 3 or 4 times and mainly seating down. Any suggestions on what I should do?

I'm hoping you have not yet left any feedback, but if you have already left the seller positive feedback, you can kiss goodbye to any chance of a refund...

First things first... Check the eBay listing & contact the seller to explain what has happened & why you aren't happy. Be polite but firm. See if they will take returns, (a lot of sellers list 'no returns'), but if you can get the seller to agree to take the heels back for a refund all is well. If the seller refuses to take them back you will have to open a dispute with the seller via eBay. Normally the seller will be obliged to give you a refund if the item is not as described. The eBay resolution centre will guide you through the process step by step, so have a look on there to see if you qualify to open a dispute. I'm pretty sure you can post photos too.

It's not a pleasant thing to have to do & I have recently gone through just such an experience when I bought a pair of boots for my wife. They were listed as suede & when they arrived were a very dirty, stained, velvety type material that was nothing like suede. I got my money back in the end but it was quite a traumatic experience as I received a series or rude & abusive emails from the seller through eBay. Luckily eBay could see all the correspondence between us so it made the seller look a bit of an idiot. Also be aware you need to return the heels by 'signed for' mail which you will probably not get a refund on. If you don't get them signed for, the seller may say that he hasn't received them & you loose out on your refund.

If the heels weren't too expensive it may just be worth putting it down to experience & letting it go.

Good luck & let us know how you get on...

• 4 weeks later...

Returned the second pair back couple of weeks ago.  In the end I lost £7.20  on having to return them. Was hoping there be some more replies about this fault as I wasn't sure if it was a fault or not. Was hoping for some advice on this.

I'm hoping you have not yet left any feedback, but if you have already left the seller positive feedback, you can kiss goodbye to any chance of a refund...

First things first... Check the eBay listing & contact the seller to explain what has happened & why you aren't happy. Be polite but firm. See if they will take returns, (a lot of sellers list 'no returns'), but if you can get the seller to agree to take the heels back for a refund all is well. If the seller refuses to take them back you will have to open a dispute with the seller via eBay. Normally the seller will be obliged to give you a refund if the item is not as described. The eBay resolution centre will guide you through the process step by step, so have a look on there to see if you qualify to open a dispute. I'm pretty sure you can post photos too.

It's not a pleasant thing to have to do & I have recently gone through just such an experience when I bought a pair of boots for my wife. They were listed as suede & when they arrived were a very dirty, stained, velvety type material that was nothing like suede. I got my money back in the end but it was quite a traumatic experience as I received a series or rude & abusive emails from the seller through eBay. Luckily eBay could see all the correspondence between us so it made the seller look a bit of an idiot. Also be aware you need to return the heels by 'signed for' mail which you will probably not get a refund on. If you don't get them signed for, the seller may say that he hasn't received them & you loose out on your refund.

If the heels weren't too expensive it may just be worth putting it down to experience & letting it go.

Good luck & let us know how you get on...

Thre key issue is whether the sale was made in the course of a business or by a private individual.  

If a business, the rights under the Distance Selling Regulations (applicable in all EU states) can be invoked if the item (when received) is defective or not as described.   In a nutshell, the buyer is entitled to a full refund of the purchase price together with ALL shipping costs incurred (both ways).   The seller cannot contract out of these obligations.   Under general consumer law, if a fault develops later but within six months, the seller must prove that this was NOT present at the time of sale; if after six months, proof lies with the buyer.

If a private sale, effective redress is not so straightforward unless there is a clear fault or misdescription at the outset.   It may be necessary to involve the markeplace (such as eBay) if relevant.

Giving positive feedback upon receipt should not make any difference if the problem was not obvious at that time. 

LovesHiHeels should have insisted on a full refund of his return postage costs (assuming that they were reasonable).

Yes, be polite but firm - and quote the law if necessary.   Remember too that eBay, Amazon and others don't always respond or advise correctly when asked to intervene and may need reminding of their customer's rights in law as well as of their reasonable expectations.   

Are the cracks really in the footbed, or just the outer covering?

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Are the cracks really in the footbed, or just the outer covering?

I couldn't tell at the time. Thought it best to send the shoes back quick in case the  cracks got worse at a later date.

I should of asked for a full refund including return costs the first time around.