Fell Down The Stairs

mlroseplant

Question

Well, stair, actually. It was about 6 a.m. this morning, I was, as usual, on the verge of running late to work. I was just about to slip out of my Steve Madden mules (which are among my least practical shoes, and I suppose that's why I love wearing them so much) and put on my work boots, when I realized I had forgotten something in the basement. Being in rather a hurry, I wasn't being really careful, and I caught my heel on the threshold of the final doorway into the basement. I fell on my hands and knees. Luckily, there is only one more step down to the floor of the basement at that point, and I wasn't really hurt at all. Still, it could have easily gone the other way.

With great privilege comes great responsibility. Let's be careful out there. Not timid, but careful, ok?

Included with this post is a sort of re-enactment of what happened, minus me. And I can also see that these shoes could really use some attention. They're beginning to look a little beat up from this angle. They are well-loved.

post-19325-0-79012200-1411182853_thumb.j

4 answers to this question

I always finding holding onto the hand rail stop this.  I was once at a fetish club wearing 7"  platform heels. I missed stepped and almost fall down the stairs but as I was holding onto the hand rail I was able to save myself from falling down.

Like your mules. I also had a pair just like those.

I love them too. I have two pairs similar (by Kiss and Tell) and one pair is nearly falling to bits and the other pair I'm saving for when the first pair do fall off my feet.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.