"Highest" in the room

e

I certainly notice, but I've always wondered what the gal who is wearing the highest heels in a room is thinking? At work, a restaurant, a wedding, a church,etc. Do you mentally notice the other footwear and see where you "stand"?

The quick answer is yes. I like being the girl with the highest heels, and now that I am on to five inch stilettos, I am! I take a casual look to see what the other women are wearing, and it is nice to stand out and be noticed. So far I am getting more notice for my hair than my shoes, but my own personal sense of high heeled supremacy is being fulfilled.

Agree Laurie, It certainly does give one a sense of superiority, especially when i'm wearing my 5½ inch heels which I do quite regularily, I too look at what others are wearing. Hair not really, mines long mid to lower back not stand out stuff, like my heels. Inga :smile:

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

I always look at other womens heels whether I am at work, on the tube, shopping or in a restaurant. I love it when I am wearing the highest heels (and usually I am) it makes me feel very confident. If there is another woman with high heels either the same or higher(very rarely) then it is a great way to start up a conversation :smile:"hey I see you are a heel lover too" jo-jo xx

Don't ask me how I walk in them just try a pair

Yes, as I've said in other threads, I like to check out what women are wearing on their feet. I appreciate all styles, blades, blocks, stilettos, stacked, wedges. The girl with the highest heels in the room starts out with a 7/10 for style depending on how she coordinates them. If she can't handle walking in them it's a 1/10 for style which shows it's not just the highest, but what you do with them. I notice Jo mentioned the tube. I often visit London on business and look at the styles when I travel on the underground trains. In general I don't find the underground a very good place for heel spotting, but a quick walk up and down the platform usually reveals a thoughtful outfit with some nice shoes to match. It certainly makes the journey time fly by! Sorry, I was slightly off topic there. Back to the ladies :smile: ....

How interesting that this topic covers a similar subject to Firefox's discussion about female bonding in heels. It seems there are elements of bonding and competition in both. I remember once working with a secretary who strictly wore 4" to 4-1/2" heels to work. Her shoes were normally the highest in the office. On occasion, another woman would come to the office in heels of a similar height, and the secretary would sneak out at lunch or morning break and come back in 5" heels. She may have been more competitive than you, but it's interesting to see that she is not the only hh wearer who keeps an eye on what other women are wearing.

I like to have the highest heels in the room. Even though I don't wear heels as high as most people, here that is usually the case. If I was wearing 3 1/2 at work and another girl was doing 4, then I would be in 4 or 4 1/2 the next day. Strange but true!

i have not gone anything past 5 inches... So if someone wears anything higher, I will have to be contended with my 5 inches. Not easy to be wearing heels that are higher than your usual daily wear.

Cheers,

Nata

Melissa is right, there may come a day when it is time for five. You will try it once, out of curiosity, and find that you like it, so you will try to become good at five inches, and then, you'll spend more time at five inches and maybe even dare to experiment higher. Try it, like it, love it, live it. Don't like it? Skip it altogether. :smile:

Very true Laurie, once your used to 5" you virtually don't go back. I can't remember apart from trainers when I last wore less than 4", fact is apart from my trainers I don't have anything less than 4" Inga :smile:

People like my advice! Wonderful. I did write that myself, plucked from thin air. If someone else once wrote that same thing, then I have never come across it. I think many of us are at the "live it" stage for heels. Maybe that is why we relate to the new advice quote. Good for us! :smile:

On 2002-03-29 18:59, Nata wrote:

Ha Ha :smile:

You won't fall on your face. Keep your arms loose, and use them to keep balance. Walk along side a wall and use a hand to steady yourself. There are a number of things you can do to help you walk along, and you will learn quick and do a great job!

Balance, well the only thing I'm careful about are stairs, especially going down. I usually turn a little sideways and rarely have problems. As for walking in general not a problem even in 5½" heels as I have reverse locking ankles. If you dont know what they are here's a pic.

Posted Image

Inga :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IHeels on 2002-03-30 12:10 ]</font>

Charlie, that does sound depressing. I am surprised that the women do not feel threatened and go out shopping that very moment. I would if I had money! Men may only be the equal of a woman, after all, not superior, so why should this not be the case for heels? :smile:

Sorry, Trolldeg, A well turned ankle does it for me every time. If I were a less civilised human being, I would now be wiping the drool from my keyboard. Charlie, When FF and myself went to the GSO, we had the highest heels there, mind you that's fairly easy when the competition comprised a bunch of well-bred dowagers in the most posperous county town of the UK. Laurie, Men and women are not equal .... they're different. Depending how they approach it, they can reflect society's modern canker, hire attorneys, and fight like alley cats, or accept each other's views (while not necessarily agreeing with them), make allowances, and enjoy a partnership greater than the sum of the individuals.

It depends what you mean by equal. They share the same intellectual capabilities, which is one of the most important traits in todays society. They do have different hormonal balances and, but I'd say there are many more simularities than differences. As for what Charlie says, I agree - sad but true.

With the latest findings of difference in gender and sex it gets pretty obvious there is no sharp dividing line as thought previously. Some of us are much less different as what's written on our passports as M and F. I've just been looking at a replay of Mary Poppins on television and had a crop in my throat, almost crying. The morale of the story is so true, the expressions on the characters so honest, and the whole is filmed in a relaxing way compared to the flashy multi camera action shots in the movies last decenia. I guess I got a bit emotional, not very representative for a male but I don't care, I've learned to accept my own lately and enjoy it instead of hiding after that society build up facade. I'm not ashamed of crying anymore when I feel like.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

men and women are not totally equal....95% of the male population are physically stronger than women, not that women arent good at sports, as they are often more flexible...but in general men are faster and stronger....gunna try and question what i say? look at almost any sport, mens times for skiing and snowboarding are often 4-5seconds faster than womens, womens halfpipe is a total joke, im about as good as some of the olympic qualifying women snowboarders, yet i would have NO chance qualifying as a man....but mentally, women and men are just about equal...not gunna say exactly equal cause there are STUPID men as well as STUPID women

What I meant by equality was not about comparing the physical characteristics of men and women. Just in a manner of mentally and morally and, in general, with regards to place in society. It is interesting how it became something physical. Physically, everyone is different, and everyone has a niche (I hate that word but it was the best for the job). We are all different, in that we are individuals. But for human rights and the opportunity for free speech and free expression, then we are all equals. My comment was more of a joke than anything, and look where it led. Laurie must learn for next time.