I Would Say High Heels Are Great For Exercising!

jim102

Hi. This is what I believe. Heels make physical sores. So it looks like it should be made too for men especially instead of women. What I am trying to say is men have also their possibility to wear high heels. Not just women! Wearing them for walks in town is a very good way to get used to them and stay in shape. Narrow minded people just dont think of that. It is a good reason for us!

Are you in favor?

I tend to wear heels whenever I'm at home. I have worn a few pairs out in public but not so they can be easily seen - (cargo pants are good for that). I find that wearing heels is better for my posture & gives my calf muscles a good workout the more I do. I always do housework wearing my favourite boots & sometimes wear them while working in the garden when my neighbours aren't in. Walking on grass without letting the heels sink in can be quite a good exercise. If I can't wear my boots for a couple of weeks for any reason I find myself getting a backache.

I haven't yet tried doing a gym workout while wearing heels but I'm willing to bet that someone out there has tried it...!

Good luck to those of you who do exercise in heels, but it's not for me. I prefer changing into flats for walking long distances (more than about half a mile) or doing household chores, and sports shoes for exercise. I consider this part of my overall foot-care routine, so that when I do wear heels I can enjoy how they look and feel.

If you like it, wear it.

I would agree with some replies that wearing heels with the sole intent of doing aggressive exercise is perhaps a bit silly and not the best idea.

On the other hand, wearing heels seems to really encourage me to do a lot more frequent and longer walks than I would want to do otherwise, and I believe doing so has helped keep my legs very tone and in good shape.  So in that respect, wearing heels for my walks at least gives me a lot more motivation to keep in shape than I probably would have otherwise  :)

Would love to go on a long walk in some heels one day.+

Well, do it! The only thing stopping you is yourself. Once you get up the nerve to do it, you will suddenly realize how easy it was and kick yourself for not doing it sooner. Guys are so insecure about wearing anything feminine, but the reality is just the opposite. Many women really admire a guy with the courage and confidence to wear what he wants. Now you can't just put on heels and go for a walk. You need to practice, practice and practice some more so you can walk with grace and dignity. If you trip, fall, act awkward or clumsy, you will attract more negative attention than you want, but if you can master the art of walking in heels, you'll be the envy of most gals you meet. The other key is the outfit. Heels and baggy men's clothes don't go together. Get some form-fitting clothes that compliment the heels and put together an outfit that looks like you put some thought into it. Ask for advice from saleswomen in places you shop at. You're not the first guy to want to wear women's clothes. They've seen it all. Just tell them the truth, that the outfit is for you. Bring in the heels you want to wear and show them. They'll help you. They want to make a sale and they don't care if you're a guy. If they're not helpful, go to another store. Above all, have fun!

Steve