Chain By The Inch - Where To Find

In all of my personal shopping excursions, I have never found any ankle chains. Whenever I inquire, the sales associates all look at me kinda funny.

So my question is - does any retailers sell chain by the inch anymore. I'd rather not order online.

I have a few 'manly' looking charm /pendant pieces and I thought it would be kinda neat to actually wear an ankle chain, even under my jeans, but if someone wanted to see my heels, they would see this too.

I always thought ankle chains were kinda nice whenever I saw them, but now days, I never see any.

I've bought several ankle chains from Claire's - they're found in most malls these days.

Wealth is not measured by how much you have, but rather how little you need.

If you're really stuck perhaps you could buy a necklace chain and have it shortened at a jewelry repair shop... an 18" necklace chain would give you two 9" anklets if they could attach the correct end-pieces. A shop that sells beads and other bits and pieces for making your own jewelry might be worth looking into.

If you like it, wear it.

Like both thoughts. I may need to travel a bit since the closest Claire's said they didn't have any.

There used to be jewlery shops/kiosks in malls that sold chain by the inch. I was hoping to find something like that.

Mr Heelster..  Try Ankle Bracelets Unlimited on the net.  For a long time I wanted an ankle bracelet but just never found one I liked, plus with the price of gold, the cost is mucho!!!

Then I found Ankle Bracelets Unlimited.  They have a wonderful selection of mostly plated (read less expensive) chains, that look really great!! 

The wife and I got a matching pair, and we love them.  It is fun to wear the chain, and it makes whatever sandals I am wearing look much more stylish. 

As for the plated gold, so far so good, no tarnishing or green ankle!!  I take mine off when I am in water, the wife leaves hers on, and it still looks new.   

They sell by the inch so you can get that custom size...

Their customer service is great too - give 'em a try...  Have fun.  sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Mr Heelster..  Try Ankle Bracelets Unlimited on the net.  For a long time I wanted an ankle bracelet but just never found one I liked, plus with the price of gold, the cost is mucho!!!

Then I found Ankle Bracelets Unlimited.  They have a wonderful selection of mostly plated (read less expensive) chains, that look really great!! 

The wife and I got a matching pair, and we love them.  It is fun to wear the chain, and it makes whatever sandals I am wearing look much more stylish. 

As for the plated gold, so far so good, no tarnishing or green ankle!!  I take mine off when I am in water, the wife leaves hers on, and it still looks new.   

They sell by the inch so you can get that custom size...

Their customer service is great too - give 'em a try...  Have fun.  sf

Will have to check them out. I rarely buy items like this online as I do like to see and try them on first, but given my options, this may be the route to go.

Beware some plating's can come off quite easily with wear, exposing the base base metal.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

• 3 weeks later...

Heelster,

My solution to this is I have a gold flat necklace which I wrap around my ankle twice and it sits right it should atop the ankle but above the ankle strap of most any high heel I have. The few that have wrap around ankle straps would hide the anklet so I wouldn't wear it otherwise this method has worked for me. This way you have no cutting involved. HappyinHeels

Heelster,

My solution to this is I have a gold flat necklace which I wrap around my ankle twice and it sits right it should atop the ankle but above the ankle strap of most any high heel I have. The few that have wrap around ankle straps would hide the anklet so I wouldn't wear it otherwise this method has worked for me. This way you have no cutting involved. HappyinHeels

Ohhhh - - I like the idea. Leaves options open for a better selection.

Thanx

Glad to help. If you're wearing bootcut jeans it becomes a moot point as the anklet would be hidden unless you just have to wear one. But if you wear skinny jeans, boyfriend jeans, a skirt, or dress then the necklace as an anklet will work fine. Tell us how you solve this since I'm very interested.  HappyinHeels