Open-Toe Boots

Not a useful/practical thing in a ' boot ' but its ' fashion '. I like my boots to be somewhat functional.

Agreed. Considering I only really wear boots in the winter, having part of my feet exposed defeats the purpose.

The idea of putting open or peep toes, side cuts, sling backs, and/or sandaling in the concept of any type of boot seems ridiculous. Like others, I tend to think of wearing boots in cold, moist weather, so these fashioned cuts seem to negate the reasons I would want to wear them at all, since I prefer stiletto pumps anyway. Even the pumps with boot shaft-like attachments seem ridiculous.

Surely this is simply FASHION and nothing to do with the 'normal' idea of when to wear boots. The few women I have seen wearing them, our seasons are opposite to those in US, Europe, have done so in the summer months.

• 4 weeks later...

To be honest I rather like the style although I would call it a sandal with extra ankle support. 

If I was given the choice to pick one style of high heel I think I would pick this style purely for its functionality.

As long as its not worn with any form of sock or tights I think they look great.

With a flat sole or small platform up to three quarter inch they are also a lot more masculine.

i really like these two

post-3576-0-45137500-1410989385_thumb.jp

post-3576-0-41931600-1410989392_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Boots with peep-toes or other openings exist because it's yet another choice among many and there's a market for them. Some think ballet shoes are the rage while others love their pumps and still others their thigh-high boots. I believe the original premise of the sandalized version of the boot was the considerable amount of time that parts of the world have temperatures in the spring and fall range (daytime maxima 13-20C). Not the heat of summer but not the cold of winter. It's simply a transition statement.  HappyinHeels

• 3 weeks later...

I've always found them to be a contradiction, but then why would you put a 4" spike heel on a boot meant for true winter weather (i.e. ice and snow), and lord knows we've had plenty of those through the years.  But personally, I just do not find them attractive.  And it seems they have multiplied this fall season, just when I was hoping they would have finally run their course...lol.

A spike heel absolutely rocks for traction in ice and snow. The down force on that type of heel is unmatched for traction in those conditions. They may not always be the best for maintaining their pristine condition though.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.