Bill Me Later!

Okay. Truth be told, as of a couple of hours ago, I have been very, VERY tempted on buying three pairs of shoes from eBay, and one "cosplay" item...it's a geek thing, sort of.

The sad thing: I don't readily have the money for them. But every so often, eBay...er, I mean PayPal, sends me an email that reads in its title:

"We have a special credit offer [just for] you!"

The first time I saw this in my Inbox...truth be told, I almost went for it. I didn't go for it until the second or third email, to which I think I was denied? I never received an email saying if I was approved so I figured 'no harm done'. Especially since I had only made the account a week before!...I was oh-so young & immature to even understand the improtance of your "life" aka your Social Security. I digress.

On to the topic, and it's an odd one for some & a simple answer for others, but the question is simple:

For a pair or two pair of shoes of ever-high prices, not takling thousands...Would you take up the 'deal' of being given six months to pay off your shoes before you were credited? I mean, it seems easy enough to do, especially with the steady stream of nice-looking paychecks I've been getting from the job, and it would have easily been paid off, but for a couple of pairs of shoes totally over $100+? Is it even worth the time and money-management?

And if you've been to Solestruck.com , you probably can see what I mean price-wise, although their styles get to teetering heights...but what am I saying? I dare the heights! ;)

Formally "HHDude"

Standard disclaimer folks : I might say something that will ' offend ' or upset you. If you have thin skin, please read no further.

Heres me being the 100% honest douchebag.

"The sad thing: I don't readily have the money for them."

If you havent the funds, why go in the hole? Why mortgage or leverage your future earnings? I know the desires of want and the temptations of it. Its an addiction that MANY people have. Its NOT a good thing.

I think the answer to your question can be found right here :

"For a pair or two pair of shoes of ever-high prices, not takling thousands...Would you take up the 'deal' of being given six months to pay off your shoes before you were credited? I mean, it seems easy enough to do, especially with the steady stream of nice-looking paychecks I've been getting from the job, and it would have easily been paid off, but for a couple of pairs of shoes totally over $100+? Is it even worth the time and money-management?"

I know ' Bill Me Later ' has a pretty high interest rate for those whom done have ' credit '. It starts at 19-24%. If your scoring good paychecks from work, why not just save the money and buy those items locally OR get a pre-paid credit card and purchase them with no risk of having a future default?

Truth be told, your earning good now, how will you be 6 months from now? You probably dont have much put away or you would have already bought things like this before.

What I would advise is NOT to finance anything endless its something very serious. A car, a house, Medical entities. TV's , computers, video games and footware arent things that should be leveraged.

Let your money work for YOU. Sure, you COULD buy those items and pay them off.. so long as your car doesnt have an issue in the next 6 months... So long as nothing unforseen happens... Have the safety of knowing whats yours is YOURS, and not at risk.

I was in the same situation but with guitars. Mine were getting old and falling apart. Something about loving the ones I had but the years taking their toll. I finally found what I could use as replacements but they were ober a grand a piece. I need 3 guitars to play a gig and I like having 2 in the studio for variation. I didnt have 5+Grand laying around. Didnt want to take out a bank loan either.

It took a while of working and saving and liquidating ' collectables ' I had ( Baseball and football cards ) but I eventually obtained what I wanted ( I didnt absolutely NEED those specific guitars. I could have done with lesser ones and I know this. )

Cheers!

-ILK

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.