Louboutin Story By The Times Newspaper.

Amanda

Gosh it does seem very complicated to attach pictures here. I had to get a friend to help me.

Anyway, I persisted in the knowledge that some members would appreciate it.

Hmm, I hope it actually works when I do post it!  :-)

xx

Amanda

post-2200-0-33238200-1406612887_thumb.jppost-2200-0-76916700-1406612936_thumb.jppost-2200-0-62939700-1406612984_thumb.jppost-2200-0-35933200-1406613018_thumb.jppost-2200-0-18497100-1406613056_thumb.jp

Good article. Thanks for posting it here. I wonder how much he wears his own creations. He talks with such familiarity about comfort, he must have some first hand experience. While I have never seen or heard anyone comment about him wearing his own products, it would only seem reasonable to me that he does wear them.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I saw a very brief version of that article in another newspaper, but it was much more interesting to read this fuller version. Thank you for taking the time and effort to post it.

If you like it, wear it.

Good article. Thanks for posting it here. I wonder how much he wears his own creations. He talks with such familiarity about comfort, he must have some first hand experience. While I have never seen or heard anyone comment about him wearing his own products, it would only seem reasonable to me that he does wear them.

I quoted him in the past saying men in heels would be silly ( or something that was negative ) about guys in heels. I have no doubt though that he has at least strutted around in some of his own products in private or at home just to see how they are.

If the guy only realized ( along with other designers ) that there is a whole market out there that would purchase their products if they made bigger sizes..

Amanda : Thanks for the read!

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I quoted him in the past saying men in heels would be silly ( or something that was negative ) about guys in heels. I have no doubt though that he has at least strutted around in some of his own products in private or at home just to see how they are.

If the guy only realized ( along with other designers ) that there is a whole market out there that would purchase their products if they made bigger sizes..

Amanda : Thanks for the read!

And thank you for acknowledging the effort I went to!

You know, you could always write to Christian and ask him to produce a line in mens sizes. He's quite approachable.  Though what that would do for him PR wise I'm not sure.

Yes thanks Amanda and I too share your frustrations about how awkward it is to post a picture. It's why I don't

often do it.

Also as a man with short legs I completely agree with the statement on the picture in the article.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Yes thanks Amanda and I too share your frustrations about how awkward it is to post a picture. It's why I don't

often do it.

Also as a man with short legs I completely agree with the statement on the picture in the article.

Thank you Foxyheels :-)

thanks for the post Amanda.  This guy makes amazing heels and boots.  To me the point of wearing heels is that it makes me feel really sexy.  I believe that we all should be able to feel sexy, no matter if you are a man or a woman.  

I find it extremely difficult to feel sexy with mens clothing.  Ties and long sleeve shirts tend to make you look sharp but not sexy at all.  Instead a pair of white or red pointy toe boots would make me feel really sexy.

I know this might not be relevant but these shoes are extremely sexy.

I was just wondering why soo many men design women's' shoes? a few of the heavy hitters include Steve Madden, Michael Kors, Louboutin, john Fluevog& Carlos Santana. seems to me a woman would be better at designing shoes as they spend so much more time in heels.

Thanks for posting this, Amanda!

thanks for the post Amanda.  This guy makes amazing heels and boots.  To me the point of wearing heels is that it makes me feel really sexy.  I believe that we all should be able to feel sexy, no matter if you are a man or a woman.  

I find it extremely difficult to feel sexy with mens clothing.  Ties and long sleeve shirts tend to make you look sharp but not sexy at all.  Instead a pair of white or red pointy toe boots would make me feel really sexy.

I know this might not be relevant but these shoes are extremely sexy.

Well I feel sexy when I wear a tie but agreed on all other points!

• 3 weeks later...

I was just wondering why soo many men design women's' shoes? a few of the heavy hitters include Steve Madden, Michael Kors, Louboutin, john Fluevog& Carlos Santana. seems to me a woman would be better at designing shoes as they spend so much more time in heels.

It's mainly because men see it as an engineering challenge whereas women see it as a aesthetic one. Interestingly, most designers who work for companies are female but only the the guys (on the whole) break out and start their own design houses.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 4 months later...

It's mainly because men see it as an engineering challenge whereas women see it as a aesthetic one. Interestingly, most designers who work for companies are female but only the the guys (on the whole) break out and start their own design houses.

Er... something I missed before is that Carlos Santana is a musician, not a shoe designer. His name might apear on "his" own range of shoes but they're designed by someone who works for the manufacturer. The same applies to Jessica Simpson, Paris Hilton and Holly Willoughby too.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the article Amanda, was very interesting.

Are the shoes you're designing going to be available in men's sizes? I'd be really interested to some of you're designs!

6inch-heaven

It's very possible that they will run to larger sizes if there's sufficient interest .

It's very possible that they will run to larger sizes if there's sufficient interest .

Well I do hope so. While lurking on another thread I was intrigued by your comment;

"We're currently having an issue with the thumb cuffs that are to be mounted on the toe box"

OMG!...Pray advise how may one apply for the role of Test Pilot for these babies!

I can still touch my toes in heels if this helps. :cheeky:

I can still touch my toes in heels if this helps. :cheeky:

lol, no you're on the wrong track entirely!

I'll post a thread all about them when theyre ready.

Don't worry, they will come with complete with a set of instructions signed by me and included in the box.

@Amanda:

Forgive me my ignorance... and I was already starting to wonder what you do for a living - in Scotland. You know, when I think of Scotland what comes to mind are jaw-dropping scenery, castles, bagpipes, men in kilts, crappy weather, my Burberry scarf (made in Scotland), Royal Bank of Scotland... and probably more crappy weather. But other than that, I was really wondering what industries are residing in Scotland.

"We're currently having an issue with the thumb cuffs that are to be mounted on the toe box" -- I am slowly getting a grasp of what industry we are talking of :shocked:

lol, no you're on the wrong track entirely!

I'll post a thread all about them when theyre ready.

Don't worry, they will come with complete with a set of instructions signed by me and included in the box.

Oops! Silly me, but I think I'm with it now. We'll follow your instructions to the letter!

Good luck with the launch