Old Friends.. Not Anymore.

I had friends from back in the city that I havent seen in 2-3 years stop by. The last time I saw them was at a mutual friends funeral. We gabbed a few times in the weeks following that over the phone but never in person. Recently, through another mutual friend, we came into contact and They were invited out for dinner.

To be blunt, they are a ' lesbian couple ' ( rather, thats how they wished to be addressed in the present moment '. Before, I used to just say they were a ' happy couple '. more on this later ). Speaking freely, they were both the kind of girls most men would want to bring home to mother. VERY pleasant on the eye, well mannered and able to have a conversation that could jump on an entertaining tangent to almost anywhere.

" People Change ". Tonight I have witnessed the true meaning of this thought and learned a bit about myself in the process. My ' Dark Side ' still exists and it actually came to fruition .

They arrived in their ' smart car '. I didnt recognize either of them at first from 30feet away. when they came closer I was stunned.

Beth absolutely let herself go. She was a very petite and athletic type. I used to tell her she weighed 100lbs when the heaviest rain caught her outside. Now? Shes clearing 175-200. The ' Smart car ' leaned when she stepped out of it. That wasnt all that changed and was probably the least ' eccentric ' part of her.

The ' butch ' haircut would make most U.S. Marines proud. She used to have hair EVERYONE admired. The Shaved sides had tatoos on them. The ears were loaded with holes and all kinds of scrap metal.

Tattered clothes covered her and her boots had crazy colorful laces in them. ( I did dig the boots and came to resent them later though ).

Renee, The one I used to believe was the ' top ', also gained quite a bit of weight. Not as much as Beth, but the whole ' Sausage roll ' effect from the tank top.. She had the scrap metal all over her face.. 

I kinda felt overdressed as I was wearing dockers, My NineWest Booties and a nice collared shirt. Back in the day, I felt underdressed around these 2 as they were into nice dresses, heals to die for and always wore makeup/had their hair nice.

I greeted them and we chatted for a bit and I invited them in. Its been raining and it looked to be about time for another downpour.

We entered the house, I took off my boots as I finished the tile floors downstairs. Renee noticed the wedge booties and asked ' Your into heels? Oh my god! Does your boyfriend know? "

WTF?

' I choose to wear what I want, just as you choose whom you love and what you wish to wear. Because I wear such footware, it has nothing to do in regards as to my companionship selections. '

It was then that my wife entered the room to meet them. She wasnt thrilled about the ' boyfriend ' comment but they have never met. Darian smiled and introduced herself as my wife.

I turned back to see Beth walk in and bring all the mud from the driveway and walkway into the hallway..

No biggie, thats what a Mop is for.

We all sat down at the kitchen table and talked about old time mutual friends. Some still alive, some gone, they asked if I still was into performing music and such. I told them I was running for local office.. we were catching up when the Buzzer/Timer for the oven went off and Darian went to get dinner out. It was her night to cook and doesnt mind making a big meal for friends once in a while.

While Darian was getting dinner out of the oven, I was snagging the plates and silverware Renee asked me ' How often does she cook you dinner? ' I told her we split the job. When shes working late I have dinner waiting for her. When im out in the fields till dark, Darian usually has something waiting for me. On Sunday, we have a big family meal with the whole family from ' out here ' and its kinda mandatory that we all attend.

This had them both laughing pretty hard.

It was Lasagna Night. I LUVS me Lasagna! I didnt know our guests became vegitarians. We had plenty of fresh vegetables and fruits onhand as everything is starting to get ripe. We picked quite a bit this past week. They were VERY satisfied with what was offered to them and even showed us how they make their salads.

The Conversation after dinner started out pleasant, but became bitter quite quickly.

They asked Darian why she still worked. " Arent real men supposed to provide for their wives? ". I laughed at first but then realized they were serious. Darian was quite kind in her response and informed them that she chooses to work of her own accord and that everyone should earn their own keep. She then excused herself and said she would ' Attend to the dishes '.

This OFFENDED both of them. " Do you keep her as a slave or something? Shouldnt you help her or something? "

' Actually, I have done the same for her when she has guests. Shes being kind and leaving us to conversation of old times and people that shes never met or are of no interest. '

Ive never known these 2 to be confrontational at all.

The Conversation then turned to my wearing heels. If they would have known I was into such things they might have given their to me as they dont wear ' Masculine Cages ' anymore. I noticed the mud on Renees boots was mostly gone ( it was all on the hallway and kitchen floors ) and gave them a tour. They liked the Studio I built and the conversation ( sort of ) turned to music.

Beth then stated " Ya know.. I figured you would get signed by some record label or something. I didnt think you would move out to bumb fuck nowhere, get hitched to a princess type woman and sell your business for a place that smells like animal shit ".

Biting ones own tongue can be VERY hard at times. ' It smells that way because there are animals not 100 yards from here. Lots of them. Cows, Hogs, Chickens.. Theres even horses if you ever cared to go for a ride. '

" Riding a horse, thats mean. Keeping an animal as a slave for your own pleasure. Keeping animals for your own slaughter is even worse ".

Thats when I decided these idiots need to leave.

' I enjoyed the evening but I feel its time for the night. I have an early morning on the fields, harvest is coming. My days usually begin around 4am and last till the sun goes down. '

" Are you being polite and just want us to leave? "

I guess it was that obvious.

' Were all different people now. Im glad you are happy but Im a different person then you used to know. I actually care about people whom care about themselves and their famalies. We all have a place in this world and Ive found mind. I would hope that you could have respected such before you dragged mud all over my house, insulted my wife and run afoul with your language. You could have toned it down a bit instead of showing up in shock-clothing. I understand your a happy couple.. '

I was then cutoff and screamed at/corrected they were a ' LESBIAN COUPLE!!!!! '.

She wouldnt stop yelling and screaming until the side door of the house opened and Grandpa was there.. with his shotgun..

" I thought I heard some wild animals in your house.. from the looks of it, I think you might have some right there.. "

They left in their car, they called the police. The Sheriff came ( same one from my other stories ) , found out we had lots of leftover lasagna and proceeded to eat all of it so I'll have none for lunch tomorrow.. He then went down to the road, to where they were parked and informed them to take the circus elsewhere.

The Moral of the story is all about ' tolerance ' or what people CLAIM to be such.

Its ' ok ' to not care for something or have no appreciation for it. Its another when you invite someone into your home, are respectful/mindful of them, actually make an effort to cook them a good meal ( unknowing that they resented such a thing ) only to be told that basically everything you do is wrong and somewhat ' evil ' in their eyes.. after they drag mud all over your house..

To believe a ' Lesbian ' would think I was gay because of the shoes I wore? Really? We didnt speak or correspond for how long? They changed and there wasnt an assumption that I might not have found something I liked in life? ( Wife, heels, living outside of the city.. ).

Im sure the friends I have back in the City will hear all about how those 2 were ' tossed off the property at gunpoint by some closed/narrow minded right wing teabagging country fuck ' or some kind of degenerative names.

I just hope I dont see a video on youtube of 2 women in a smartcar hitting a deer while they were speeding to get back to the city.. ;)

People do change, both ways, for the ' good ' and for the ' worse '. I see these 2 as individuals, not as a ' group ' of association. Its unfortunate they will eventually question why nobody will ' tolerate ' them and more then likely say its because they are ' lesbians ' when in actuality they were good people whom became ' trash '.

I think we all know people like that.

-ILK.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Reading that, my thoughts are that some people expect to be tolerated as their basic right, to the point that showing appreciation for tolerance would be an acknowledgement that tolerance is optional, so they don't appreciate a thing. And then when people around them seem to tolerate them, they're lost without that grudge towards society, so they go to greater extremes to try to shock people (and then judge them for being shocked) just so they can keep that grudge alive. Fine if that's how they choose to live their lives, they'll lose the friends they deserve to lose and keep the friends they deserve to keep.

I think there's also a parallel to how some guys feel about wearing heels, always with some grudge against society for not accepting it, but maybe afraid of acceptance and resentful of tolerance because then the thrill will be gone.

If you like it, wear it.

I think there's also a parallel to how some guys feel about wearing heels, always with some grudge against society for not accepting it, but maybe afraid of acceptance and resentful of tolerance because then the thrill will be gone.

There might be some wisdom to your words above. If heels were to become a normally accepted thing for men, would there be some of us looking for something else? My guess would be a resounding ' yes '.

All:

I spoke with some others that the women and I associate with. Ever since same-sex marriage was passed in N.Y. , apparently these 2 have taken it as a resounding message to ' put their sexuality in everyones face as it was always done to them before by heterosexuals '.

Of the 3 people I spoke with, 2 wont even speak with them anymore and the other said they attended their wedding and it was a huge ' shock festival ' which included headshaving, several tatoo ' artists '. Some women burned their bras and.. it was something that could probably be classified as a circus. 

Im guessing that deep down they had resentment towards others even though we were supportive of them and their endevours, never having anything but good will for them.

I have been put on notice that Im no longer allowed to invite ' Butch Dykes ' to the home. If such happens, the wife will crucify me and I will be used as a new scarecrow out in the corn fields. :(

tolerance is an often abused word.....

bad manners and disrespect very often are hidden behind the so called "tolerance"

I think they have been extremely rude and unpolite, personally I would have invited them to leave the house not so smoothly as you did

but this is the life, and as you rightfully mentioned people do change and not only for the good....

I always find it funny when someone makes the heels=gay assumption, considering I am the only one among the gays I know that wears heels in public. 

This might change, as I reorganized my closet and sent a care package to a friend, now that he is in a situation where he can wear heels :)

(formerly known as "JimC")

What a shame. A shame for the loss of your friends, loss of what could have been a real nice evening, and the loss of your leftover lasagna.

I had dinner with some ' city friends ' ( as I now refer to them.. friends that live in the city that I moved away from ). I went in to do some visiting and we all wound up at a Denny's.

The whole lot of us were wondering WTF happened to the both of them. They dont have any resemblance to the people they once were. Not mentally, physically. Nobody even wants them around.

I would like to say the lasagna was the worst loss of the night, but I had fond memories of both of those women. I guess they ( memories ) earned the ' circular file ' now.

ILK, how you write it down somehow makes me feel your 2 friends were very pleased with you wearing heels, concluding too quickly you were gay, and hoping your gay couple will somehow match their lesbian couple in all its difference while providing shared experiences, struggles, additional shock potential, and relief to their probable suffering.

But they are progressively discovering you enjoy a nice life, a happy couple. They are so disappointed when they understand you will not be the expected support, that they are completely forgetting their behaviour. They are vegetarian and they preach ecologist principles (to my understanding), but as a farmer, with the animals, the land, and beloved familly next door, you are much closer to nature and important things in life, than they will ever be in their big city. Each of your successes is another blast.

You say you have found your place in this world. In other words, you have reached the goal they decided unreachable for them. You proved how meaningless their struggle is. Defeat by K.O.

At this point, it is beyond their sanity to keep standing in your house anymore. It becomes unbreathable because the heart is ripped apart - tears / anger / panic -  and not because of any animal odor. The friendship has to be destroyed for the sake of sanity, because they can't accept the reality of your success, you can only be stranger to them, from another dimension. Bitter words are coming out of their mouth out of claimed injustice, before they know what they are speaking about.

Too late, huge damage is done. Maybe not irreversible - it depends on you 4 - but recovery will surely take a lot of time.

Only my 2 cents.

Gudu.. I dunno if things were THAT bad for them. Im not ' successful ' in a materialistic view. In a ' self sufficient ' type of setting, Im on the top of the food chain ( so to say ;) ).

Its just so damn odd how they turned out. Everyone else from all walks of life that I know are still into the same old grind they have been. Some have changed jobs, some have changed houses ( to better or worse, both ways for differing situations ) but the mindsets of all of them are pretty much the same. Most are still in great health too!

I wish there was some explanation outside of ' they decided to become a pair of assholes '. Thats the only conclusion I can come up with.

I wish there was some explanation outside of ' they decided to become a pair of assholes '. Thats the only conclusion I can come up with.

I think with people who live an "unconventional" lifestyle (just like guys wearing heels) there's an element of a "stuff what anyone else thinks" attitude. While that can be a healthy antidote towards prejudice, it can also be self-destructive when it erodes any sense of empathy with other people, and it just becomes a hedonistic addiction to shocking others. Modern society doesn't really seem  conducive to aspiring to find that balance, so a lot of people don't bother trying. That's the best explanation I can offer.

If you like it, wear it.

Thanks for the insight SleekHeels. From a 3rd party, whom they spoke with, I did find out what exactly sorta happened.

*I* choose to move out to the country, thus, I must not care about those ( friends ) from whence I came. Such simply isnt true nor is it even relevant.

The Good news though, people whom I lost touch with are now back in the loop and Im gonna have a Hog Roast at the end of this month with Live Music. ;) many plan on coming ' out here ' and having some fun.

Theres always some ray of sunshine in the darkness.

-ILK

Wow! A "gen-U-ine" old fashioned southern "Pig-Picken" is what is called for. Always a good way to renew old friendships as well as to make new ones. Since you are running for office, why not also invite voters from your local community to come and get to know you meet your friends and see and see exactly what kind of man you really are and how lucky they would be to have you in a leadership role in the community? Nothing like a social event to clear the air and to demonstrate how normal and worthy someone is even if they do wear women's shoes.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.