• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

About 5'8". BTW, a six-inch heel doesn't make you six inches taller. It's generally no more than half that, depending on foot size.

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

That's correct Tacchi Alti. It depends on the size of your foot and, eventually if there is a platform, that adds up too. On the other hand; did you know that at rising you are taller than at evening? In my case the difference is around 2.0cm. 177/78 in when I get up and 175.5 when I go to bed. Same happens to my wife. She is 173 and shrinks to 171.

<Chuckle> The mass has all got to go somewhere, I suppose. Perhaps without tight trousers we'd be even shorter at the end of the day. Anyway, perhaps this isn't the best thread to have a protracted conversation. I just thought I'd throw that bit of useless information in, as the only way a six-inch heel would give a six-inch lift is if there were also a six-inch platform. I don't think that's quite what most users of this forum would choose. I've been lurking for ages, by the way. Perhaps I should be more active in other topics.

John Milton

I just thought I'd throw that bit of useless information in, as the only way a six-inch heel would give a six-inch lift is if there were also a six-inch platform. I don't think that's quite what most users of this forum would choose.

I have to totally disagree with this statement. While a 6 inch heel won't give you a 6 inch lift (it's probably more like 4 inches). Amount of lift per inch of heel goes down with each inch of additional heel height. It's based on the physics of vectors. A 2 inch platform should be more than enough to bring the total lift to 6 inches.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

If you have very large feet, you might get a four-inch lift, but I have size 8 (UK) feet and I've measured it. The maximum lift is the distance between your big toe and ankle joints minus the barefoot difference in height off the floor of the ankle joint in comparison with the big toe joint. In my case it's roughly 3 inches, slightly less if anything. I'm sure someone could come up with all sorts of other complicated factors which might affect the exact measurement, like increased curve of foot altering the toe - ankle measurement, difference in spine profile in heels, etc! As I say, in my case I've measured it. Obviously a platform sole will increase the lift but that wasn't my main point. A two inch platform with a six inch heel would increase your height by slightly more than two inches above the lift of a six inch heel with no platform, due to the decreased foot angle above horizontal. In other words it would be a four-inch-heel lift plus two inches. There is very little difference in height increase with six inch heels with no platform rather than four inch heels with no platform. It's just that the six inchers are more fun. I don't wear heels to increase my height, I wear them because I love the feeling of being perched up on my toes, every step a fresh challenge, particularly outdoors on a slope or uneven ground... My wife tries to push me off balance but is amazed how seldom she is able to do it!

John Milton

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...