379 members have voted

1. 1. how tall are you without heels?

• 1 month later...

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

Two points: Yes you don't get to be as tall as your heel height suggests, because you move forward as well as up in an arc. People have posted various mathematics on this before and it does my head in trying to understand it, but suffice to say I'm 5 foot 8 Inches and if I wear 4 inch heels I don't get to be 6 foot. It's more like 5 foot 10 3/4. Try it and see with your measurements/shoes. The divisions on the poll were not very well chosen. No disrespect to the original poster intended. There may well be a previous poll on this, if somebody wants to find and post to revive it, I'll close this one.

I seem to remember a chart that was published either here on this forum for on Jenny's website that showed the correlation between heel height and height gained as a result of wearing high heels. I seem to remember that the height of the individual was measured at the ankle bone, flat footed and then measured at the ankle bone as the height of the heels increased. The difference in the increase in the height of the ankle bone was then equated to the height of the heel, thus, for example, if the difference in the height of ankle height of a 4" heel was 2 3/4" , therefore the individual only gained 2 3/4" when wearing a 4" heel. Or, something like that. Perhaps Dr. Shoe or FF can explain it better. But, that's the best I can recall. :-?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Two points:

Yes you don't get to be as tall as your heel height suggests, because you move forward as well as up in an arc. People have posted various mathematics on this before and it does my head in trying to understand it...

Picture a semi-circle with the center at the center of the ball of the foot when looked at sideways.

Now picture the center of the ankle-bone being on the arc. It's already up and forward, so even a 1" heel will only raise the anklebone (and the rest of you) about 7/8". The higher the heel, the less the benefit. Thus, going from a 4" to 5" might raise your height less than 1/3".

• 3 months later...

I am 6' 1.5" barefoot, but have always said 6' 2", as it is easier to say. I am 6' 6.5" in my platform heels, almost as tall as the youngest son when he is barefoot. The BW was 5' 8.5", and the recent girl friend was only 5' tall. I really towered over her in heels! She didn't mind that, but was stunned when she first met the youngest son at how tall he was. I actually have short legs. My absolutely gorgeous dance partner and I were comparing just yesterday, and her legs are about the same length as mine, and she is only about 5' 4 or 5" tall.

I am 6' 1.5" barefoot, but have always said 6' 2", as it is easier to say. I am 6' 6.5" in my platform heels, almost as tall as the youngest son when he is barefoot.

The BW was 5' 8.5", and the recent girl friend was only 5' tall. I really towered over her in heels! She didn't mind that, but was stunned when she first met the youngest son at how tall he was.

I actually have short legs. My absolutely gorgeous dance partner and I were comparing just yesterday, and her legs are about the same length as mine, and she is only about 5' 4 or 5" tall.

I'm the same, short legs, long torso.

The heels in my avatar are about 3½ inches high.

I have a rather low doorway in my home, I think that posing in my heels whilst under/near it would be a fun shoot to do. Here are some faceless poses though:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

amongst others, send me a PM if you want to see more.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Thanks. They were a STEAL from ebay over a year ago, a seller had received plenty of pairs of shoes, primarily in size 13. Since they had so many shoes and would turn a profit regardless, these sold to me for $21 AFTER calculated shipping. It was the greatest day on Earth til mom decided she would open mail addressed to me

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

I've mentioned previously here that I'm 6-2 in my bare feet. In the beginning when I wore heels publically at the office, I've had curious co-workers ask why someone as tall as me would want to be even taller by wearing heels. My reply was that I wear heels for the attraction because they're women's shoes and that I enjoy wearing them, being taller never factored into the equation. But now that I've evolved from 3 to 4 and now 5 inchers, even I have to admit that I do stand out a bit! But that's cool, it makes me unique! :P

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Oops, I did never answer here :sleeping: I'm 1.90 m tall, about 6' 3'', with long legs. My only problem is the standard german door height of 2 m :x! I've made it a habit to look down admiring on my shoes whenever I'm passing a door on high heels ... :P micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!