"shoe Guys", Would A Woman's Choice In Shoes Influence Whether You'd Ask Her For A Date?

trickrider1

OK, I've often thought about this question.  Although I'm not in the dating scene, I must admit I form a lot of my first impression of women I see by their choice in footwear.  To some extent this forms an impression of guys too, especially if he might show signs of having more than the typical, horribly boring tastes.  Anyway, I honestly think if I was "looking", I could definitely be influenced to some extent by the shoes a woman wears.   Anyone else pondered this?

I, like trickrider, am not in the dating scene, but I have thought about this as well. Just a few years ago, I would have said that I could not have a serious relationship with a woman who didn't wear heels. Nor could I have a serious relationship with a woman who has ugly feet. However, now that I feel comfortable wearing heels myself, that has changed. Which is a good thing, as my wife wears heels only when she has occasion to dress up, whereas I wear them every chance I get.

I won't be the first to admit that the first thing I look at on any lady is her shoes, been doing that since I was born I think, and it would not reflect on my decission to go out with her or not.

life is not a rehearsal

If that's all I had to go by to begin with, I'd have to say yes, it could have an influence.  As stated by others, there is a lot more to it than shoe choice, but as a first impression, it would play a part in my decision.  Now I'm not saying that a woman in a pair of jeans should be wearing heels, but for example if I saw a woman nicely dressed in a dress or skirt, and she couldn't be bothered to wear a nice looking pair of heels with a dressy outfit, I'd be quite disappointed and would likely have the thought that she probably doesn't wear heels at all.  And I'd certainly be less likely to go there...

Good question trickrider1,  certainly gives contemplation to the process, it may add to my interest in knowing more about the person but would not be the only reason I do so. For the first impression it is a bonus to know the person wears heels, that just makes one more subject comfortable for chatting about.

Funny thing "... personality is more important...".

Unless you haven't met someone before, chances are very high that you base your decision whether or not to engage in contact on the first impression.

A first impression may include things like how tall she is, whether she looks beautiful as such, whether she is a regular fast food junkie or tries to keep a healthy figure... and also of course her choice of clothing.

Shoes, dress, shirt, etc. all combined will result in whether you like what you see or you don't.

Similar to a car that needs some polishing, I've seen cases where you really first want to give her a makeover to make her presentable. Just like a raw diamond, where you know she *could* look beautiful, but she just lacks the basic understanding of fashion. Question is whether you want to be the one that teaches her style, only to lose her to the guy that she likes more than you, but just couldn't get in her old outfit.

Would I date a women without a basic fashion sense? Probably not. My hope still is that someone who is interested in fashion may be a bit more open towards someone like me who is wearing heels...

I will be bluntly honest in saying these things. If your supposedly ' offended ', this is my blanket ' dont read any further ' release form.

If a woman is wearing heels, great. If not, does she have any in her closet at home? *I* like to go to ' nice places ' once in a while and even wear a ' Nice coat ' for some of them. If she cant don a pair of heels for such an occasion, she can stay home! I'll wear the heels.

If theres a pair of twins and one is in heels and the other in flats, the one wearing heels will receive my attention first.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Given the perimeter of her shoe choice being the main influence as to whether or not she will be ask for a date, is leaving too many steps out of the final equation. You may have honed in on her footwear, but during this quickie evaluation if you haven't examined the total package, the ornamentation of her wedding finger could be of some importance as to the results of your inquiry. She'd probably be flattered either way whether or not her assessment of your heels fits her criteria.  

Ones judgment should depend on the location and event. If I see her in worn out shoes and clothes working in her garden, or shopping for paint at Home Depot, that is appropriate and expected attire and has nothing to do with her personality. However, if I first see her in those shabby shoes and clothes at a party or as an employee in an office, her personality and habits are suspect, and I would not care to meet her or get to know her personally.  

What I can say is that I always found that a so, so looking gal that I might not be otherwise interested in will almost always gain my interest if she is wearing a pair of shoes that I dig. Even more so if she is wearing a pair of shoes like ones that I own.

That being said, my wife has a penchant for the ugliest shoes on the rack. So I found love in a gal regardless of her awful taste in shoes. Her taste improved ever so slightly after we connected, however.

Best,

Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

I will be bluntly honest in saying these things. If your supposedly ' offended ', this is my blanket ' dont read any further ' release form.

If a woman is wearing heels, great. If not, does she have any in her closet at home? *I* like to go to ' nice places ' once in a while and even wear a ' Nice coat ' for some of them. If she cant don a pair of heels for such an occasion, she can stay home! I'll wear the heels.

If theres a pair of twins and one is in heels and the other in flats, the one wearing heels will receive my attention first.

ILK, your last sentence nails it for me!  No question.

Oh yeah,  cute feet, cute toes, high heels.... love it!   Here's my take on the old saying just a bit modified....   faster horses, older whiskey, younger women, and the higher the heels (both on "her and me", the better).

I would most probably look at a girl with some sort of interesting heels (and that would be one of the compliments I would tell her..)

my wife loves heels, as a matter of fact I am her privileged source of advice, so I guess this is important for me altough there are many factors which come into place before picking your ONE

If she were wearing heels I would say it would make me want to date her over a girl with no heels. But I have had girl friends that just never liked heels. So yes i like girls with heels but it is not a all or nothing choice for me.

I'm not single but the fact Mrs F wears very high heels is no coincidence. She also has a wonderful personality and is universally liked by all she meets. I will admit if I were single the lady would have to wear heels and accept me doing so also but that's just a small part of what would be required for us to be compatible.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

A lady wearing heels would get my attention (much like a pretty face), would help lead to an initial meeting/date.   But that would not cause the second date.  To go forward, there has to be something there, much more than shoes.

JMHO