Men Wearing Heels At Malls - A Challenge

Heelster

I am jealous of my wife. She is 5'2" so when she goes to the mall she wears here heels usually 4-5 inch heels. And she looks great wraring them. I am 6'1" without heels and all my heels are 4-7 inch heels. My height with heels would me make me stand out even more. Having trouble getting over that " first hurdle". Otherwise when I am home after work I can not wait to wear my heels.

Yeah I know what you mean, that first step is always the hardest. Do you wear your heels out with your wife? I do the same thing usually on the drive home off come the brogues and on go the heels.

I wear them when we go for drives or around the house or on the deck relaxing but no public appearances. My wife will pay for my shoes when we go shopping but I have purchased my own shoes a couple of times. But never have had any reactions from it.

bnchmark,

I am 6'4'' without heels. I agree with you, why would you like to stand taller. Well, why not,it is barely going to change things regarding who is taller anyway. As doors are 6'7'', I would stick to heels lower than 3'' and focus on style.

Say you wear 3 inch heels. Then you stand out as much as me in my regular men's shoes. No hurdle at all. Moreover, say you wear some booties like the ones Heels2U find so much plain in his complain here : http://hhplace.org/topic/23150-why-did-i-buy-these/, these are regular mens boots (from an over fashion era, yes, and so what ?)

Regards,

Eric

• 1 month later...

MMMhh I don't think it's that common to be honest. If I think about it I think I have seen about 4-5 guys wearing heels in the last year. I wasn't in a mall, I saw a couple of them walking down the street and I recall seeing two guys riding a bike who were wearing high heels. I think it happens in big cities from time to time but not as often as these women say. 

MMMhh I don't think it's that common to be honest. - - - I think it happens in big cities from time to time but not as often as these women say.

I tend to agree, but they claim there are a lot of men who do wear heels, but like some of us, they tend not to make it noticable.

I've been to a mall, dinner, walmart, some other stores - - basically anywhere but at work for almost a week in St Louis area, and haven't seen any men in heels. I did have one who heard the sound and struck up a conversation.

I have commented about this elsewhere, I have NEVER seen another guy in heels or even gals shoes for that matter (except for transvestites - I don't count those).  But I would love to see one - someday.  And I do get outside a lot.  

It is a lonely life out here...

Take care, sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Agreed, not so many other guys in heels! Lonely heelers..

In the past week there was an event in Vancouver which many guys wore heels to support LGBT folks coming from other countries.

That is it, nobody else.

I have seen others in heels and very low key MTF transgender folks. I'm trans so my radar for that sort of thing is often on. The thing is, it's hard to always tell how someone is presenting themselves. I've seen a guy with men's sandals women's earrings and polish on his toes. Technically he's crossdressing, he is just being fairly stealthy about it.

I am always looking for guys in heels, and can honestly say I have never seen any, except in drag at clubs.  I will do my best to approach any guy I see publicly wearing heels to compliment him.

I can wear my 3.5" women's dingo cowboy booties anywhere, and I wear them with skinny levis showing all the heel.  When I wear my 5" Jessica Simpson boots, the heels are covered by flared levis.  Looking forward to the day when I can wear those boots with my skinny levis!

Maybe today will be the day I see another guy in heels, but won't hold my breath. 

I've seen several guys in heels: At least a dozen guys from this board, and at least three others who don't frequent here. It's fun to get together and share experiences, go shoe shopping, dine out, and just hang out.

Steve

I've seen several guys in heels: At least a dozen guys from this board, and at least three others who don't frequent here. It's fun to get together and share experiences, go shoe shopping, dine out, and just hang out.

Steve

And one of these days - - - - -

Amazing, finally saw a young guy in nice heels at our Pride parade the other night. He wasn't in drag, just wearing nice tight jeans and a mesh top. He snuck over the parade barrier and was dancing while the floats went by. Everybody enjoyed seeing him and I could tell the folks on the floats were giving him the "thumbs up". He looked great, and it was encouraging to see all the positive reactions, wish I could have gotten close enough to compliment him as well!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've been having a blast at our local mall over the summer.

Not bought any new heels for ages but enjoy pairing my existing ones with new outfits. I've been experimenting with mesh and see through cropped tops.

Cropped tops and leggings go real nice with heels. In fact heels are a must with such outfits. I always get very appreciative comments and a few followers who keep appearing in different places!

3 weeks ago I finally wore one of my more head turning outfits out in town. I've had a black latex catsuit for a few years and although I've worn latex out a good few times, never the catsuit.

It's full length arms and legs with a high collar. It fits better than my own skin (holds in a few wobbles!) and polishes to a mirror finish. I wore it with my patent black ankle boots with 6in stiletto heel and 2 in platform.

I parked on the top floor over the Mall  and having taken a ticket at the entry barrier would not be able to get out without endorsing the ticket at the pay machine in the Mall so had to leave the safety of the car behind. I love that. I was alone for the ride down in the lift, which had a full mirrored wall. Time to admire myself! :)

And the door opened into a busy department store just by the laddies shoes. I like to have a look there but they never have any shoes that interest me. A female assistant surprisingly called to me " Wow, good morning sexy boy!" and I replied "good morning" and she replied back "you look beautiful, what a bottom. I wish I had your figure!".

I was blushing and was lost for words but buzzing like never before.

The rest of my outing was a blast. I've worn some outrageous outfits over the years but this seemed to be on another dimension. People spotted the shiny latex an moved for a better view and when they spotted the heels their eyes would widen dramatically. There is something very enjoyable about the ladies admiring my shoes. The comments and conversation is always very positive.

No better place to heel than in the mall!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Shopping - absolutely love it. I was at the outlet mall on Saturday. It is a very crowded one here in Oregon off of the interstate. I dressed in a women's pink rain jacket, pink and blue button up top, denim jeggings to match the blue in the top and grey suede ankle boots with a block 4 inch heel. It was a rainy day, im glad i waterproof things well. My hair was in barrettes. I think i was pretty much passing and got a number of ma'ams. I did not have foundation/concealer on though, so more than a few people did double takes. One snarky male SA in J Crew, mis-gendered me after i told him his greeting was not friendly, with a sarcastic "nice greeting" after he basically looked me over from head to toe, did not smile and did not offer me help.. (on the way out he was like have a nice day sir ...ya whatever, i guess i was the sarcastic one first) 

Young SA's are generally so helpful. The only things i ended up buying were a new pair of women's nikes for running and a new top

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2014‎ ‎8‎:‎45‎:‎59‎, heels59 said:

Well, a few years ago i would have been the one seen in various malls, hardware and home stores in the area, wearing tee shirt, jeans, and patent black or red stiletto pumps. It's 98% didn't see or no reaction. The remainder do double- takes, look up down up down trying to resolve the incongruity or just smile and, rarely, comment, almost always nicely.

Now i'm in more androgynous styles, like my 3" chunky heel boots that pass for motorcycle boots and show enough dirt and wear to not really stand out as a fashion statement. No one visably reacts.

My wife still dislikes them, stating " You walk like a girl." Has anyone else been outed by their gait?

Your bride & mine must be corresponding.  I suspect you to be a Brit, master of understatement...."dislikes"

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2015‎ ‎12‎:‎27‎:‎05‎, robbiehhw said:

Shopping - absolutely love it. I was at the outlet mall on Saturday. It is a very crowded one here in Oregon off of the interstate. I dressed in a women's pink rain jacket, pink and blue button up top, denim jeggings to match the blue in the top and grey suede ankle boots with a block 4 inch heel. It was a rainy day, im glad i waterproof things well. My hair was in barrettes. I think i was pretty much passing and got a number of ma'ams. I did not have foundation/concealer on though, so more than a few people did double takes. One snarky male SA in J Crew, mis-gendered me after i told him his greeting was not friendly, with a sarcastic "nice greeting" after he basically looked me over from head to toe, did not smile and did not offer me help.. (on the way out he was like have a nice day sir ...ya whatever, i guess i was the sarcastic one first) 

Young SA's are generally so helpful. The only things i ended up buying were a new pair of women's nikes for running and a new top

I'm guessing the SA was a younger male, who was not yet secure in his own masculinity, feeling threatened by your presence.  Don't let it bug you, just his insecurity, nothing to do with you. 

On October 18, 2015 at 12:17:05 PM, Heals4me said:

I've been having a blast at our local mall over the summer.

Not bought any new heels for ages but enjoy pairing my existing ones with new outfits. I've been experimenting with mesh and see through cropped tops.

Cropped tops and leggings go real nice with heels. In fact heels are a must with such outfits. I always get very appreciative comments and a few followers who keep appearing in different places!

3 weeks ago I finally wore one of my more head turning outfits out in town. I've had a black latex catsuit for a few years and although I've worn latex out a good few times, never the catsuit.

It's full length arms and legs with a high collar. It fits better than my own skin (holds in a few wobbles!) and polishes to a mirror finish. I wore it with my patent black ankle boots with 6in stiletto heel and 2 in platform.

I parked on the top floor over the Mall  and having taken a ticket at the entry barrier would not be able to get out without endorsing the ticket at the pay machine in the Mall so had to leave the safety of the car behind. I love that. I was alone for the ride down in the lift, which had a full mirrored wall. Time to admire myself! :)

And the door opened into a busy department store just by the laddies shoes. I like to have a look there but they never have any shoes that interest me. A female assistant surprisingly called to me " Wow, good morning sexy boy!" and I replied "good morning" and she replied back "you look beautiful, what a bottom. I wish I had your figure!".

I was blushing and was lost for words but buzzing like never before.

The rest of my outing was a blast. I've worn some outrageous outfits over the years but this seemed to be on another dimension. People spotted the shiny latex an moved for a better view and when they spotted the heels their eyes would widen dramatically. There is something very enjoyable about the ladies admiring my shoes. The comments and conversation is always very positive.

No better place to heel than in the mall!

Nice post. Although I'm much of exhibitionist wearing no clothes on the beach or tiny swimwear at the pool. I've been wearing tights working out in the gym. Found many woman do the same as you had comments regarding your body. 

Just curious how do you deal with things up front..? Asking this because woman often focus on the obvious with men size of their bulge. Anytime I'm seen in tights woman just look or want to see it often over reacting. It seems it distracts them more then what I'm wearing. 

Although what I wear on the street is tame compared to all of you with stories describing  the heels you wear or outfits. 

Do have difficulty finding a hot designer bootie to match my ultra skinny designer jeans or leggings. 

Often i can't find outer coat that covers my buttocks as I see many females wear at the street. 

Wearing a shirt leather jacket I match it with button down rail shirt enough length to cover my bottom .

Do understand people seeing me in 3 inch ankle booties often gets me reactions. 

Looking for 2 1/2 heel quality designer bootie that can look understated but wearable almost everywhere, such Acne, Prada, Gucci..etc Rag & bone having sizing problems...

My trip to a Marshall's store out in a strip mall. Was browsing buying few things found couple woman button up shirt and skinny J-brand distressed jeans. 

While waiting in line a preteen girl and her mom standing behind me. The young girl obviously looked upon me bulging eyes starring back to her mom,  The mom scanning me over head to heel noding to the daughter as she knows. 

Heard the daughter whisper to the mom he looks like a girl. Mother noding again agreeing in this snub facial expression of dislike. Had on painted on ultra skinny jeans with tan suede 2" female pointed booties with black short leather varvatos jacket. 

Doubt on the reaction I've gotten if I wore my other higher heel bottles that day that woman and daughter could accept me wearing it. 

Doubt I could wear a five inch platform black heel and black leggings as I seen earlier on a Asian woman shopping at the store isle. Just looking at her with a short jacket and plump ass I was amazed. 

While seeing other woman in skinny jeans as me and wearing block 4 inch booties they never noticed me wearing same as them less the heel.