Correct Size Of Sandals / Overhanging Toes

SleekHeels

There's a video-clip called 'How To Walk In 6" Heels' (links recently posted by mtnsofheels and BobHH, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq6KjCHKj8Q ), and a couple of the comments suggest that the presenter in the video is wearing the wrong size of heels because her toes are overhanging the front of the sandals.

However, it seems to me like she's wearing the correct size in terms of the distance from her heel to the ball of her foot, it's just that maybe she has longer than average toes for her foot size. If she went up to the next size there'd be a gap at the back of the shoe, no way that'd be the correct size.

What are people's experiences/thoughts on this?

If you like it, wear it.

Most, but not all, high heel sandals have a nice elliptical shape to the front footbed of the shoe,  However, feet are not elliptically shaped - the big toe is usually (most of the time) the longest one.  Therefore, the big toe and often the 4th one or so tend to overhang the nice elliptical shape.  High heeled sandals with a footbed that is shaped more like feet include Karo's cork wedge heel slides (love them!) and the Pleaser Vogue line.

With a closed toe shoe, the toes are sort of forced into the shape of the shoe, which is hopefully wide enough to accommodate them.

All, While feet certainly do vary as well as sizing from manufacturer to manufacturer and even from color to color within the same style one's toes should never overhang the front of the footbed. A wider width could be used and footpads could prevent those toes from sliding forward. I believe a proper sandal fit is the toes should be 1/4 to 1/2" (0.7 to 1.5 cm) from the end of the shoe and the back of the foot should be at least the same distance from the back of the shoe. HappyinHeels

Toes hanging out over the end of sandals, also known as the bear claw. Not a good look.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

This is a common problem for many high heel wearers including myself, its having a thin (not narrow) foot.  Therefore the foot slips forward do to the toe box and the upper is not grabbing hold of the foot to prevent slipping. But most don't know that and just get a smaller size shoe.  Some times a larger size in narrow will work but proper fitting shoes for thin feet is a pain.  Some times insoles will work other times it won't with courts and sandals.  Boots are an easy fix either or both insoles for the foot bed or mole skin for the top of the foot will prevent slippage.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

I have to agree with Shafted , not a good look at all ! Generally speaking once a pair have stretched they are given to Goodwill or thrown out. With some heels like the one in my avitar I can pad them with a "heel grip" in the upper part of the "vamp / toe box" area . By doing this , it's my opinion the upper part of the foot is held back in the shoe and it gives more room for the toes to flex in the open part of the peep toe . I have had no problems with upper foot aches or toe rub since trying this with a few pair. Strappy sandals may be a problem as there is not much for the pad to adhere to .

I always found getting the correct fit in sandals too be a challenge. Going down 1 size seems to work most of the time. Trying on for size is the best but hard for some of us to do including myself. I seem to be having better luck with wedge sandals these days.