I Dont Understand.....

newguy

Why is it I can wear women's flip flops and painted toes to pool or friends place with no problems. I can wear flats with no problem but when it comes to heels everyone turns heads. Its it the way we walk, heel noise, dress what. I dont get it. Any help and suggestions would be great.

What are you wearing by the pool with your heels? A big baggy pair of men's swimming trunks will be a style clash with heels and therefore grab people's attention. Are other people wearing heels by the pool too? if so what are they wearing with their heels? Are they turning heads too? Not that any of that should restrict your choice, it just depends how controversial a fashion statement you want to make.

Imagine yourself wearing your swimwear on a crowded city commuter train. Now imagine youtself wearing a smart business suit on a tropical beach. It's all context.

As for help and suggestions, I'd say wear your heels with whatever pool-side outfit you like, and enjoy turning heads (so long as they're a cool crowd).

If you like it, wear it.

The fact is, pool wear and heels is going to attract attention no matter what gender you are. In fact, I have never personally seen anyone, woman or man, wear heels with a swimsuit outside of a beauty pageant. I have seen a few guys with painted toenails in public, so I think that's a lot more subtle.

i rly dont get this, you wanna get why they turn heads? cuz its sexy man!!!! everybody menton heals 1st, thats normal, if you got enuf courage you can easy go and show them whos the king on place

every human has they own choices...

I guess my last post didnt go through last night. I was saying I am trying to get a feel for my neck of woods. The problem is I have lived here for awhile and now I am wearing heels. I get nervous cause I might into someone. The other day I took my daughter's swimming and wore woman flip flops with bright lime green toe nail polish. Had a few comments and my daughter said she picked out color and everybody went about their business. I bought some flats and wore them around not a stare or comment. I went to walmart and laundry mat yesterday in my wedge pumps. I wore dark washed jeans and grey shirt. Boy talk bout stares. Idk I just dont understand people.

It depends on the scenario. In a laundry-mat most people are sitting there bored and have nothing better to do than have a good look at other people, in a crowded shopping centre people don't notice because they have better things to do. If you'd worn your flip-flops with your pedicure they would have stared too.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

We live in a world ruled by attitudes of the present traditions. Most people have only seen women wear high heels in the usual course of a day. If by chance they become aware of a guy wearing heels, it has usually been under the heading female impersonations, in drag activities, or guys revolting against social expectations. Hardly ever is it seen as a matter of one's personal agency to adorn their appearance by what their desires and tastes are. It's kind of an attitude that if you aren't playing by our rules and expectations, then you can't interact with us.

I second Dr. Shoe. The place you are in, and the attention paid to what everyone is doing makes the difference. Most of the time we are too selfconscious about the footwear we are using and most of the people we meet don't care about what we are wearing.

But I have seen in rural places where women even get the same kind of stares and nasty comments from other women. It seems that bigger centers are safer from peoples unwanted actions/comments. As many women do, ignore the unwanted comments!

I never see women in heels locally, so for me to do it would surely get some comments - none good.

I've never been to the strip club a few miles out of town, but I hear most of the girls wear kitten heels or none at all. For me to step out in a heels locally - - - - nope. In a one stoplight town, I would surely be noticed.