Guy In Heels Sighting

mlroseplant

Last weekend, we went to a Laotian culture festival. During this traditional Lao dance, a guy started walking around the group, and I noticed he was wearing shoes with a bit of a heel. I didn't talk to him, as he soon disappeared into the crowd. I don't know that I would have approached him anyway, as I wasn't wearing heels myself at the time. Besides, given the style of the shoe, and the height of the wearer, I would be willing to bet that these shoes are not so much of a fashion statement as a way to increase height. I have seen this style of shoe many times in SE Asia. Had I approached him in flat sandals and mentioned his shoes, I probably would have embarrassed him. Still, I thought maybe it was worth posting, since I've never seen another man in heels in person before. As an aside, there was a huge pile of women's shoes on the edge of this concrete pad, as this dance must evidently be done barefoot. I found it somewhat interesting, but not interesting enough to take a picture. Mid-heeled wedgies, mostly.

post-19325-0-87545800-1404045173_thumb.j

Hey there SF. Do I recall correctly that you are in the Bay area? I will be moving to the Sacramento area soon which is not too far from the Bay area. Perhaps it will be sooner than later.

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!