Finally Did It

aussieheels9

i finally bought a pair of heels. i went into payless shoes 3 times before i could get the courage to buy some heels. After the third time i though bugger it, it's now or never. i went in and explained to the lady that i was after a pair of size 9 heels and that they were for me, she was very helpful and understanding. i bought a pair of 3.5" ankle boots, after my purchase myself and the lady that served me got chatting. she was saying that it's not unusual for guys to buy heels from there and that there is a man that dress as a chic and he/she buy her heels from there.
after i left the shop i was ecstatic, but i soon calmed down as i left the mall and headed home.
  • [*] 

post-17321-0-76787700-1402985428_thumb.j

Great job.  I bought those exact ankle boots a few weeks ago in Payless. I had to return them because they just didnt fit right. I remember my first time walking up to the counter. the sales lady was great,. the store was empty and she gave me some tips on how to walk in them. The heels were about 4 inches so it was tough but I finally got the hang of it. Walk basically one foot in front of the other and you will be ok.

good luck!!!

Nice story.  Shoe shopping is really a lot of fun.  When I first tried it many years ago, I was very nervous and made up stories, telling the clerk the shoes were for my mom, girlfriend and wife.  Finally I got the "courage" to just be up front and tell the clerk that I was looking for shoes for myself.  And, as you experienced - it was no big deal - and usually the clerks were more than helpful!!  

Just last week I was in a Payless store; tried on, then purchased a pair of Renee wedgie thong sandals for summer.  When I enereted the store the clerk greeted me and I told her I was looking for ladies sandals in a size 11 or 12.  She walked with me to the proper section and as we talked I told her I was looking for sandals for myself, and she said that was great.  I tried on the sandals, walked around a bit and made the purchase.  Absolutely no big deal.  Have fun….  sf  

PS attached is a pic of the shoes I got:  

post-230-0-38648600-1403020838_thumb.jpg

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Good job. That was the same remark I got from payless salesman. I asked him if I was the first to walk out in heels after buying them he said no he see it on a regular basis. After ur first time its not so bad. It almost like its apart of ur everyday wardrobe. Congrats

i finally bought a pair of heels. i went into payless shoes 3 times before i could get the courage to buy some heels. After the third time i though bugger it, it's now or never. i went in and explained to the lady that i was after a pair of size 9 heels and that they were for me, she was very helpful and understanding. i bought a pair of 3.5" ankle boots, after my purchase myself and the lady that served me got chatting. she was saying that it's not unusual for guys to buy heels from there and that there is a man that dress as a chic and he/she buy her heels from there.
after i left the shop i was ecstatic, but i soon calmed down as i left the mall and headed home.
  •  

Good on ya, mate! You see, it's not so hard. No reporters, no news helicopters, none of that stuff. The lady wanted to make a sale and you wanted to make a purchase, so it was bound to happen. Glad you had a good experience. Now, be sure to give the lady good feedback (you DID get her name, didn't you?) and let the company or her manager know you appreciated the great job she did in helping you. Be sure to contribute a customer review of the shoes and sign it with your male name so people know it's a guy. And enjoy going out and wearing the shoes. Next time you go back, wear those shoes to the store, and get that lady to help you again. You've developed a relationship and you should keep it active.

Steve

aussieheels9

That's outstanding ! Nothing like the first time shopping and the fear of the "HEEL COPS" getting after you ! What will happen if I get caught by a friend and the butterflies in the pit of my stomach. Then the endless travel home with my new heels . Then ya get home and try them on in front of a mirror and "practice" walking around the house .  Oh, the good old days .

Lane Bryant was having a shoe sale a few years back and my wife told me I needed a pair of boots because pumps are not the best thing to wear in rainy/wintery weather. I found a pair I really liked, but not in my size . The sales lady told us to check back in a few days after the next shipment came in. A week passed and we went back and they had another style I liked better . Being new to boots and Lane Bryant I was kinda "iffy" about trying them on in the store. When the sales lady asked what the occasion was ... my wife blurts out I can't have him walking around in pumps all winter. The sales lady smiled and said try them on and see how they fit . I tried one on and she said put the other on and see if you can walk in them I did as several other customers and my wife looked on . I got a lot of compliments and they looked good with my jeans tucked in . Needless to say we purchased the boots and a few other things . I look forward to my trips to Lane Bryant and most of the sales ladies are very helpful . I think the sales ladies go out of their way to help a guy .

SF , Thanks a lot ! I have a new quest. I love the wedges you posted. Looks like there will be a trip to Payless in my future .

Here are the boots I purchased. 

post-7601-0-95019700-1403032865_thumb.jp

aussieheels9

That's outstanding ! Nothing like the first time shopping and the fear of the "HEEL COPS" getting after you ! What will happen if I get caught by a friend and the butterflies in the pit of my stomach. Then the endless travel home with my new heels . Then ya get home and try them on in front of a mirror and "practice" walking around the house .  Oh, the good old days .

Lane Bryant was having a shoe sale a few years back and my wife told me I needed a pair of boots because pumps are not the best thing to wear in rainy/wintery weather. I found a pair I really liked, but not in my size . The sales lady told us to check back in a few days after the next shipment came in. A week passed and we went back and they had another style I liked better . Being new to boots and Lane Bryant I was kinda "iffy" about trying them on in the store. When the sales lady asked what the occasion was ... my wife blurts out I can't have him walking around in pumps all winter. The sales lady smiled and said try them on and see how they fit . I tried one on and she said put the other on and see if you can walk in them I did as several other customers and my wife looked on . I got a lot of compliments and they looked good with my jeans tucked in . Needless to say we purchased the boots and a few other things . I look forward to my trips to Lane Bryant and most of the sales ladies are very helpful . I think the sales ladies go out of their way to help a guy .

SF , Thanks a lot ! I have a new quest. I love the wedges you posted. Looks like there will be a trip to Payless in my future .

Posted Image885247LB BOOTS.jpg

Now that was worth a chuckle.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

When the sales lady asked what the occasion was ... my wife blurts out I can't have him walking around in pumps all winter. The sales lady smiled and said try them on and see how they fit .

That's very cool of your wife to do that :) (Nice boots too).

If you like it, wear it.

Payless is a great place to shop, try-on, and purchase.  I have had several great interactions with sales associates.  Their help and experience has been great.  I was purchasing the Jasmine Oxford and the SA stated "your going to love those; I do mine" and had another demonstrate the "proper way" to comfortably walk as she was taught in modeling class.  Great discussions with others are so numerous.  Two thumbs up to Payless and their staff.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

• 2 weeks later...

aussieheels9

Posted Image885247LB BOOTS.jpg

I also have had nothing but good experiences in Lane Bryant.  Help if I want it, and left alone to try on whatever I please.