Once Again, Nobody Noticed

mlroseplant

. . . or at least didn't say anything. Perhaps this is a tired topic, but I thought I'd post for the benefit of some of our newer members. I have not in the past worn very feminine looking shoes in public. Well, feminine by our standards, anyway. I tend to favor chunky clogs, oxfords, and boots. However, it being almost summer here in the Northern Hemisphere, I've been wearing sandals almost exclusively when not at work. I recently bought a pair of Ralph Lauren slightly-thicker-than-stiletto heeled sandals, which can be seen in the "New Shoes" thread. They are mules, have a 4 1/2 inch heel, and a buckle on the front strap. I suppose they might be considered very "girly" shoes. Yesterday, I decided to wear them for my evening constitutional. I wore them with women's boot cut jeans, which are snug, but not super tight, and a close-fitting t-shirt. It just so happened that during my walk, I met seven people I know, in three different groups. I stopped to talk with each group, long enough so that a 1 1/2 mile walk took over an hour. Five of the people have seen me in heels many times before, so I suppose if they even noticed, they didn't think anything of it. Two people, a middle aged couple, who are my lawn care business customers, I'm sure have never seen me in heels. If they even noticed my shoes, they did not react in any way. I felt very natural in a way that I surely wouldn't have a year ago. So, I guess what I'm saying to new members is, go ahead and try it. I've found out over and over again that most people just don't care.

Mr Mlroseplant….  Nice story.  Like you, as a "veteran" high heeler, I have noticed the same thing.  Most folks don't notice, or notice and don't care.  This spring I have been out a lot in hh sandals, some "girly" styles with slender heels and others that look almost unisex.  

With one exception, no comments, no stares.  The one comment was from a gal at a coffee shop who said my shoes were "cool."  

BTW:  Those Ralph Lauren sandals you speak of look really nice.  I bet they are fun to wear.  The heel would be a bit to high for me….  Take care…  sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I went shopping at payless and wore wedge pump with 2" heel. Walked in it was busy people looked but when on bout their own. I was looking around a young gal asked how I was and if I needed help. I was looking around. I stop and asked for her opinion bout guys in heels. She told me about 5 guys a day stop in and look at heels. She also said guys were complaining cause men shoes are so boring. She was a collage student and younger generation dont care what people do. If guys can strut in heels with confidence people wouldn't know. I guess there alot of guys trying to push to wear heels. She even has male friends that are straight wear heels cause they r tired of wearing same thing everyday. I have been wearing openly now everywhere now and people dont care. There are other important issue in life going on right now. Guys in heels is not one of them. I am not expert or veteran and I can be spotted easily but now I am getting better. Practice practice and get out there. Its coming guys our time to rise to strut the streets in high heels.

Nice! That's definitely the spirit and the attitude to have. I've been saying the same thing for quite some time.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.