Leggings.

ilikekicks

I was checking out some leggings. I like the fake leather like ones but also the ones that look like a pair of jeans.

Thoughts?

These are similar to the ones I have been considering :

post-12379-0-98304200-1402194769_thumb.j

post-12379-0-85337900-1402194776_thumb.j

post-12379-0-73202900-1402194783_thumb.j

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Go for it.

I have a pair very similar except they are "gathered" at the bottom. Saw a pair of actual leather skinny's at the local good will, but they were a wee bit small - - damned.

Took advantage of the Kmart closing locally, and picked up a couple pair of the Route 66 brand jeggings.

Have yet venture out in them.

The leggings which look like jeans? That's where the term jeggings came from.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Sure, why not! Give them a try! I think you could make leggings work as long as you properly accessorize them in terms of tops and footwear.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I've seen leggings like that worn very well, and other times not so well. What I like about the ones in the photo is that they're more matt than the patent heels, and worn with a knitwear top that'd make a really nice combination of textures.

If you like it, wear it.

I was checking out some leggings. I like the fake leather like ones but also the ones that look like a pair of jeans.

Thoughts?

These are similar to the ones I have been considering :

Those shinny leggings are great to wear. I have several pairs and I love wearing them. I will wear them with boots and with pumps. They should fit like a second skin. I usually size down on the shinny leggings. For a man they should be worn with a long textured top, as I do.

I also have the jean style leggings from, "Hue". They make the best as far as I'm concerned. I've got them in a rainbow of colors. Also have them in capri length too, which I like wearing in the summer, with sandals and pumps.

Try them, you'll like them too!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

leggings are great, just be for darn sure you have a completely flat belly to go with.  some shapely legs wouldn't hurt either.  

i prefer to wear my leggings with a high cut jacket so that nothing is hidden on the front or back.  

• 2 months later...

I actually have faux leather leggings. The term "wetlook" goes with them too. I haven't worn them out but I can say that pair them with a slightly oversized shirt and some wedge sneakers or just normal high top sneakers and that turns out to be a good outfit.

I actually have faux leather leggings. The term "wetlook" goes with them too. I haven't worn them out but I can say that pair them with a slightly oversized shirt and some wedge sneakers or just normal high top sneakers and that turns out to be a good outfit.

Leggings always seem to work great with an over sized top of some sort.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I have some real leather leggings but I think they look better on girls than on guys because they have hips, men don't. Guys should wear them with a long top or with a long-line jacket, that looks cool. A guys in legging showing off his middle regions is a major turn-off.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I have some real leather leggings but I think they look better on girls than on guys because they have hips, men don't. Guys should wear them with a long top or with a long-line jacket, that looks cool. A guys in legging showing off his middle regions is a major turn-off.

One of the reasons I haven't ventured out in legging / jeggings. 

One of the reasons I haven't ventured out in legging / jeggings. 

I'm going 2nd (or third) this. Although I have found that underarmor underwear/compression shorts kind of help in preventing that, not completely though...

Lol! I have a few pairs of the wet look leggings & usually wear them with ankle or knee boots, short skirt & a corset. If the corset is done up fairly tightly it gives the impression that I have both hips AND a waist. I tend to agree with Dr Shoe though... If no corset is worn leggings can look a bit un-shapely.

• 6 months later...

Just buy leather leggings Vince sells a good pair. Any thoughts on crop leggings vs zipper ones.

http://www.shopbop.com/leather-zip-ankle-legging-vince/vp/v=1/845524441945812.htm

Pierre Hardy wedge boots

IMG_0618-768x1024.jpg

2366818-2-4x.jpg

Although all these are nice i'm buying Theory like this.

http://www.shopbop.com/piall-danish-leather-pants-theory/vp/v=1/1538376554.htm

Definitely need some sort of booties with these.