Heels,stockings And Skirt

crotchhiguy

Straighten those knees, dude. It'll make all the difference in the world in those pics.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

pics were shot with knees bent intentionally to show leg curvature

You and I think on two different sets of curves.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

sorry about the quality of the pics as I only have a cell phone camera and have to take pics of my reflection in the mirror to get a pic of myself......all in all, I think they turned out pretty good!!!

good pictures.  i am still working up the courage to get out in public in my outfit. I am thinking of wearing jeans or pants with my heels first before building up to skirt, hose and heels

It's not easy taking photos on your own and you will never get a good result using a mirror. I,ve tried that at first and I could not get a good result. I now spend a couple of hours and have my camera on a self timer and the results are much better.  Have a look at my gallery. You can always crop the photos later if you don't wish to show your face.  I know this takes time but you get a better photo.

LovesHiHeels is quite right. A point and shoot camera with a 10 second timer on a tripod can work wonders when it comes to taking pictures. You can also check out my thread (The Jaunts of JeffB) for plenty of examples. As with everything, it takes practice, but once you've got it all down, you'll be able to produce very good results.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

LovesHiHeels is quite right. A point and shoot camera with a 10 second timer on a tripod can work wonders when it comes to taking pictures. You can also check out my thread (The Jaunts of JeffB) for plenty of examples. As with everything, it takes practice, but once you've got it all down, you'll be able to produce very good results.

Yes, I agree with JeffB and LovesHiHeels. Great as phone cameras are these days, they are still not capable of consistently producing pictures on the level of even a cheap point-and-shoot dedicated camera, especially when you're relying on a mirror.

When it comes to getting a great photo (I'm talking about self-portraits specifically), I've found that what it comes down to is time. I suppose it's just like anything else, spend more time, get a better result.  I have a pretty good camera. It's not a DSLR, but you can change lenses, use full manual mode, and things like that. Even with this equipment, it takes me a long time to get what I consider to be a decent photo, especially outdoors, where I prefer to shoot. My last self-portrait was a really great picture, but it could have been much better if I'd have had the time to do it right. There are things you don't notice until you actually load the images into the computer and blow them up really big. In this case, the two flaws that really bug me are that I had the lens cap to the camera in my front pocket, and so there's this weird circular shape on my thigh. The other thing that I find a bit disappointing is that when I set the self-timer, the auto-focus picked up the neighbor's garage as the focal point, leaving me slightly blurry. It's not horrible, since it was a bright day and the aperture was set small (providing a greater depth-of-field), but it could have been better than it was. I posted it anyway, because I managed to actually look natural and fairly confident, and I thought that outweighed the technical flaws of the photo.

I do not mean to hijack this thread or self-promote, but I'm going to post the photo in question, so that people can better see what I'm talking about. JeffB always posts pretty much the same 4 poses in an indoor location to show his outfits, and there is one big advantage to that--like he says, once you've got it all down, that is, figured out your settings and angles, it takes very little time to produce reasonable quality shots which will allow us to clearly see what's new in your wardrobe. I don't have a system like JeffB, and that's why I rarely post pictures of myself. It's too time consuming. If I buy some new shoes, I end up just throwing them on the kitchen counter and taking a picture with my phone to be done with it, and you all have no idea what they look like on my feet or whether they fit with my style.

I hope that my comments are somewhat helpful to someone. Sorry to go on and on about a slightly off-topic subject.

post-19325-0-49711900-1402233867_thumb.j

Well, to stay on topic:  Don't really care for stockings, those look like plastic or rubber on your legs.  Not my style, sorry.  The shoes are nice, but the heel would be too high for me.  

Off topic:  As for self portraits, instead of setting a timer and running for the pose, then having to adjust, edit, etc., why not have a spouse, friend, significant other - whoever - take the picture?  Makes the photo process a lot easier.  Fortunately, I have wonderful wife who takes my photos most of the time and sometimes she even get into the picture with me.  

And I DO realize that not all have the ability to have another photograph them.  Take care, sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Well, to stay on topic:  Don't really care for stockings, those look like plastic or rubber on your legs.  Not my style, sorry.  The shoes are nice, but the heel would be too high for me.  

Off topic:  As for self portraits, instead of setting a timer and running for the pose, then having to adjust, edit, etc., why not have a spouse, friend, significant other - whoever - take the picture?  Makes the photo process a lot easier.  Fortunately, I have wonderful wife who takes my photos most of the time and sometimes she even get into the picture with me.  

And I DO realize that not all have the ability to have another photograph them.  Take care, sf

On topic: I also, am not a big fan of stockings, whether it be on a man or a woman. However, I'm digging those shoes.

Off topic: I thought about addressing that question in my original reply, but it had gotten too long already. I agree, the best solution is to have somebody else take the picture. However, even if my wife was willing, and who knows, she might be, she is a terrible photographer, and has zero interest in learning the craft. I'm much better off struggling with the self timer.

Why not go to a professional photographer for your pics? If you live in the southern UK I can recommend a brilliant one who will have no problem taking your pictures.

It wouldn't be nearly as expensive as you'd think either.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 3 months later...

Must say I'm a bit surprised that a couple of the comments mention a dislike of stockings, please excuse me as I'm a new member and niavly assumed everyone who wore heels loved stockings. Nice pics and interesting subject as I have only started wearing skirts around the house fairly recently and am very much enjoying the combination.

It's a mixed bag. Just like with women, some guys like stockings and others don't. I generally do (I have the nylon gene) and in fact I own a business selling hosiery to men. Men wear hosiery for lots of reasons. We just make them in men's sizes and make them anatomically comfortable and convenient. Nylon hosiery makes women's shoes fit and feel better, in general, although some styles of sandals might be better barefoot. Hosiery is better for foot hygiene, as it lets your foot skin breath instead of keeping it damp, which can nurture fungus and bacteria and subsequent foot odor. And if you are showing off your legs, nylon hosiery gives your skin an even color and hides blemishes, scars, and (in black) even leg hair. Not all guys like hosiery; not all women do either. Pantyhose have been on the decline since 1992, when business fashion began to be relaxed.

Steve