Vintage Stilettos

Anita C.

I so long for the shoes I had access to in the 60's! Does anybody have a source for these short vamp/toebox, low cut sides made exactly as the manufacturers did back then? VSY! Anita C.

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed wearing that style of shoe also back in the 60's and had a lot of fun with them. As "shrimper" says---probably the closest you will come to that style today is Classic Pumps. They have some real nice offerings. :D Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 7 months later...

I think that they might, but I don't think we'll be seeing them in our high street shoe shops before the end of next summer, possibly spring 2006. You will be able to get them from designers by next spring though they will cost you.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

There's something very special about stilettos that were made in the 50's and 60's.They had a more graceful appearance and a flowing style that is seldom seen these days. Modern manufacturers can not seem to capture the finesse and poise that is so evident in their design, nor for that matter, the "Kama" that radiates from these wonderful shoes. I really hope Anita,that you can find a maker who has incorporated all of the things that really make these shoes so amazingly special. Good luck on your quest… :D jim.

• 1 year later...

Yes! I have to say that I'm a hugh fan of the vintage stilletto high heels of the late 50's and early 60's when they were first introduced! It's too bad that the real vintage examples are getting more harder and harder to find and I don't think that the "modern" versions of those styles even come close, even in the new designer ones, as nice as they are. For my opinion, you can't beat the vintage heels, bar none!. . . . Good luck in your quest for you vintage heels, Anita! And to all the others that are seeking vintage heels, too!. . . . . jay_nyca1

• 1 year later...

Ooooohhhh! I have so longed for the classic A-Line vamp design in the high stiletto heeled pumps that were so common in the late 50's to come back on to the market. There have been variations made from time to time, but they haven't matched the skillful stylings of the originals. I'm also really surprised that high heel manufacturers haven't researched the vintage lines to bring back some of the unique designs of the early years when the high stiletto heeled pumps were establishing their niche in the halls of elegance and the kind of looks that were to die for. The simple use of pleating, buttons, knots, bows, lacing, engraving, tatooing, and/or etc. were integrated into the plain styling of the pumps. They were works of art that were available for public purchase without having to take out a loan or mortgage the rest of your life.

• 2 months later...

Thanks roniheels I have purchased many of the available vintage pump stylings, but one or two out of quite a lot have had the "A" line design. To clearify, the A-Line vamp design got its name from the styling of the toebox area looking alot like a capital A when it is viewed by the wearer. It's not a majorly different design from the common rounded vamp design, but it caught my fancy the few times I have seen it.