Also New

Shyheels

A note to introduce myself and to say thanks for letting me join the forum

I am somewhat a late comer to the world of high heels, having only tried on my first pair rather recently - although I had an abstract interest going back decades, ever since I was a school kid. Back then, as now, I fancied a pair of tall high-heeled boots - not out of any fetish reasons, or because I was obsessed with high heels, but simply because I thought they looked appealing.

I just liked 'em. I wanted a pair and wished it were possible for me, a guy, to have and wear such boots myself. That it was not possible, I accepted as an article of faith for many years, until earlier this year in fact, when I woke up to the idea that I could indeed buy and wear such boots if I wanted to.

And so I have.  Buying what I wanted wasn't easy in my case because I have genuinely large feet - size 46, at least - and most of the ones that run anywhere near that large are from fetish shops, which really wasn't what I wanted at all. But in searching around the internet I not only found a pair of boots I liked - black suede over the knee, with 4" heels - but stumbled across this forum which, judging by the posts I have read, has a lot of very interesting people as members. 

I look forward to popping in regularly

Welcome to the forum!!!!  Now that you have bought your first pair of boots you will see that it is a great feeling having them on.  You may start experiencing different feelings, post them as often as you can because there are a lot of people here willing to help.

I have bought more than 70 pairs of boots.  I have get rid of some really great ones too.  I own about 45 right now, they feel really great.

Thank you for the welcomes. Seventy pairs of boots is a lot, Thighmax! So is forty-five. I have but one. I will probably stay with that for the foreseeable future. I wanted to get nice, non-fetish style ones and in my size that is not easy. I got a pair from Jean Gaborit which are very nice, but very expensive and so one is very much my limit. But that is also perfectly satisfactory for my needs. I am fortunate that I work from a home office (except for when I am on the road) and thus can wear what I please and so I have declared over-the-knee black suede boots with 4" heels to be part of my office attire.

I have no particular desire to wear them out and about. Were I totally a free agent, that might be different, for in having given myself permission to buy and wear these boots I also dispensed with a lot of the old self-consciousness about wanting them in the first place. But I do not live in a vacuum and my wearing them around the town would create awkwardness for others whom I care about. And since I am quite content for my nice suede boots to be office wear, it's handy all around.

By way of further introduction, I work in a creative field (not music), travel quite a bit, and have found that wearing my boots, and the convention-defying, emotional liberation they bring, to be very conducive to creativity.  

I have bought normal style boots and fetish ones.  I would love to use them outside but I also fear that it may bring consequences to my family.  I do wear them daily though.  As you may know, I have been buying boots for more than 10 years, that's why I have so many.  

I would love to wear my boots as office attire but as I work for a bank that bit is going to be complicated.  I do know that at some given point I will wear them out.

This is kind of personal, but the boots make me feel like I look better and I even feel sexy.  that is some of the liberation I feel, I don't know if they make me feel more creative though.

Thanks ilk! And Thighmax - I can well imagine that wearing heeled boots at a bank could be awkward, even for a woman. I am fortunate in that I work from home and can therefore set my own dress code (black suede over the knees de rigueur!) When I am travelling that is another matter although frankly the sorts of places I go you would not wear black suede boots anyway, let alone high heels, whether you were male or female.

This is kind of personal, but the boots make me feel like I look better and I even feel sexy.  that is some of the liberation I feel, I don't know if they make me feel more creative though.

Sounds pretty normal to me.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.