My Public Heeling Anniversary

mlroseplant

I actually don't have an exact date, but Memorial Day is awfully close to the first day I stepped out in obviously high heels in public not under the cover of darkness. This was 2 years ago. I can't say that I haven't looked back. Sometimes, I still wonder what the hell I am doing, despite the fact that I will wear heels just about anywhere now, including the union hall. Wouldn't it just be easier to buy myself a nice pair of good quality men's loafers, a pair of nice trainers, and a new pair of oxfords, and be done with it? Ah, brethren. Keep on keepin' on. There's nothing wrong with us. Much.

Congested on your anniversary. I totally hear you on the sometimes wondering what you are doing. Yeah we enjoy doing it, yeah people don't really give us trouble., but sometimes I think that it is just plane nuts. And, you know what? That's okay too. Best, Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

Congrats, miro! Memorable occasions like yours are certainly worth celebrating. May you continue to enjoy your passion like everyone else here does for a long time to come.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I totally hear you on the sometimes wondering what you are doing. Yeah we enjoy doing it, yeah people don't really give us trouble., but sometimes I think that it is just plane nuts. And, you know what? That's okay too.

Every now and then I also ask myself "What am I doing?" but then I imagine how drab and boring a world without any high heels would be. The Drake equation tries to estimate how many civilizations there are in our galaxy: maybe we could tweak the equation to estimate how many of those civilizations have high heels? ;) In any case, since we're one of those high-heeled civilizations we may as well enjoy the fun, it would be nuts not to!

Happy anniversary mlroseplant :)

If you like it, wear it.

Hey, Happy Anniversary!

We're not nuts. It's all those other guys out there who are missing out on all the fun. THEY're the crazy ones. Why would a guy NOT want to wear high heels (other than peer pressure)? I don't want to be friends with just ordinary boring guys who wear ordinary boring shoes. Life's too short for that!

Hope you have a good celebration, and maybe we can meet up one of these days and toast a glass of whatever! Cheers!

Steve

Happy Anniversary from a guy who has been wearing heels in public since 1996.  I do it because I like the way heels look and feel, and bedsides, it's fun.  

Why spend your money on nice stuff - in this case shoes - and not enjoy them to their fullest extent?  

Enjoy yourself, and have a good time…..  Take care, sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Sometimes, I still wonder what the hell I am doing... Wouldn't it just be easier to buy myself a nice pair of good quality men's loafers, a pair of nice trainers, and a new pair of oxfords, and be done with it?

I totally hear you on that point.  I have many times questioned myself with "WTF I am doing?"... seems like it would just be easier to do what all the other sheep are doing  :) ... well, the love never goes away and this is just so much more fun.

Seems like we have all been there there from time to time. I wonder that quite often but when I get up and try to decide what to wear. it always comes down to heels. how woman can not wear heels everyday I will never understand.

Sometimes, I still wonder what the hell I am doing

Surely many women who love their heels also ask themselves the same question (and dismiss it just as quickly). Whether you're a guy or a girl, surely it's all part of the fun to be wearing shoes that are ridiculously impractical but totally gorgeous! "Sensible" shoes just don't have that sense of indulgence. Sky-divers probably ask themselves "What am I doing?" as they leap out of the plane !

If you like it, wear it.

How women can not wear heels everyday I will never understand.

Ha! I often wonder the same thing myself. And I wonder this while wearing heels every day. I'm sure there are some people, perhaps a good percentage, who cannot physically do it. However, I think it one is motivated as we are, it becomes possible and maybe even natural. Most women simply don't think about it in the same way that most of us do. My 26 year old niece doesn't understand how it's possible for me to wear heels whenever and wherever I want. She actually asked me for advice. She seemed surprised by information that I thought was rather obvious. We'll see if we can create another high heel addict!